Thread: A different twist

A different twist

A friend of mine does Taxi work out of his kitchen, he was doing it on the side but now just for himself and close friends. This was a bowkill of his from the '07/'08 season that he just mounted the other day. I guess he wanted to try something new....what do ya think??

Beautiful capes and chocolate horns seem to be the norm from the mountains we hunt in Central AR.

This is the actual broadhead hole in the hide....just doctored up

And the final touch.
    Last edited by LeftemLeakin; March 7th, 2009 at 02:53 AM.
    TEAM 39 Pass Thru Posse
    29/60 KillR ChillR
    49@28 Roy Hall Apache
    With gorilla gone, will there be hope for man?

I like the idea! The wife wouldn't, but I like it.

3. I looked at the first picture annd my first thought was this is a very gifted taxidermist, in a full mount frozen it time scene I think the arrow shot has a place. I have seen many award winning mounts of african lions taking down Impala or others. A good friend has on with the buck jumping at arrow impact with the arrow in the ground beside it.

My opinion would be that it took away some of the "best in class" work on the mount.

2C

Quote Originally Posted by bsk72512 View Post
    I looked at the first picture annd my first thought was this is a very gifted taxidermist, in a full mount frozen it time scene I think the arrow shot has a place. I have seen many award winning mounts of african lions taking down Impala or others. A good friend has on with the buck jumping at arrow impact with the arrow in the ground beside it.

My opinion would be that it took away some of the "best in class" work on the mount.

2C
    +1!

Good reply.

dude ,
    How about have him near the kitchen with a ketchup dispensor sqwirting out of the wound .

I won't even get in to the beer tap.

Doesn't do anything for me. I'd prefer it without the arrow.

The idea isnt bad but i dont think i like it with a wall mount maybe if it was a full body mount then it wouldnt look bad at all but this doesnt really look that good. i mean even that is a far forward shot.

taxidermytalk.com

Looks like a great mount. But like others, i think it would look better without the arrow.

As a hunter looks OK with the arrow but as a non hunter or kids, does not give a good impression. Mount looks great though.
    Last edited by Pizonarcher; March 10th, 2009 at 10:17 PM.
    4 time IBO Nat. Champion. Hoyt Ultra Elite, Hoyt Alpha max 32, Merlin Super Nova, Cougar III, PSE Axe 6. PSE, Omen pro, 2013 Evo Max. 2014 PSE full throttle. Axcel, HTM, CBE. TRU releases. Limbdriver micro, Versa rest. AEP, Blazer vanes. "All The Good Stuff" Gold Tip shooting staff, best arrows out there, Bohning shooting staff , TRU Ball shooting staff : Proud father of World champs, Nat. champs & triple crown champs.

The mount itself looks fantastic, I love how he captured the animal as if it was still alive. However, I feel that the arrow takes away from the beuty of the mount. Neat idea, but it just doesn't fit this mount.

Quote Originally Posted by ztc92 View Post
    The mount itself looks fantastic, I love how he captured the animal as if it was still alive. However, I feel that the arrow takes away from the beuty of the mount. Neat idea, but it just doesn't fit this mount.
    I 2nd that
    Black Chrome MX2, Gold Tip arrows Scott's releases CBE sights. In God we Trust.

I like it..it's a very unique idea that I havent seen before.

HAHA There ya go! That would make every one else that came over barf, but I would like it a lot LOL!!!

That' funny

Quote Originally Posted by lightbeer View Post
    dude ,
    How about have him near the kitchen with a ketchup dispensor sqwirting out of the wound .

I won't even get in to the beer tap.

I like your thinking, That's fn funny

mount

Really its not ethical way to mount .But that is my two cents. IT is a nice mount job. just to gorey .

i like the idea but the mount should be differant cause i think the wouldnt be lookin like that with an arrow through it
    but i m haveing my coyote this year done kinda same idea, full body with arrow going through and the coyote jumping trying to grab the arrow should be neat mount i like to have the animals mounted how i remember them and i remember him not likeing the arrow one bit

"Success comes when preparation meets opportunity."

Check out New England Hunting Group on Facebook !

You asked so I'll tell you. I think it's sick.

Rates right up there with guys who post pics of holes done by a broadhead. That's just my 2 cents worth.
    "I don't like REPEAT offenders, I like dead offenders" - Ted Nugent
    "We must reject the idea that everytime a law is broken that society is guilty rather than the law breaker" - Pres. Reagan
    "To say that guns kill people is like saying that the fork made Rosie O'Donnell fat!" - Woodmaster

Did you pet that buck to death in your avatar?

Surely it didn't have a hole through it or lose any blood in the process.
    TEAM 39 Pass Thru Posse
    29/60 KillR ChillR
    49@28 Roy Hall Apache

Great mount, but I wouldn't have put the arrow and entry hole on such a calm full upright shoulder mount. The two just don't fit together.

But you're right, Beautiful deer you have out there...!
    '08 PSE X-Force 28" draw 60 lbs 370gr 298fps 73ft/lbs KE
    Trophy Ridge Drop Zone, Trophy Ridge Alpha 5 V-pin, Trophy Ridge ShockBlock stabilizer, Vibracheck string suppressor, Cabelas Elite Stalkers w/ Blazers, Muzzy 100gr 3-blade

Quote Originally Posted by LeftemLeakin View Post
    Did you pet that buck to death in your avatar?

Surely it didn't have a hole through it or lose any blood in the process.

Your question was "what do ya think??" Do you just want compliments or do you really want to what people think about ?

I think that it is sick when people glorify an animal like that.

If you don't want to know then don't ask.
    Last edited by woodmaster; April 9th, 2009 at 04:53 PM.
    "I don't like REPEAT offenders, I like dead offenders" - Ted Nugent
    "We must reject the idea that everytime a law is broken that society is guilty rather than the law breaker" - Pres. Reagan
    "To say that guns kill people is like saying that the fork made Rosie O'Donnell fat!" - Woodmaster

I wasn't expecting another "hunter" and I use the term LOOSELY to call it "SICK" when it is part of the process of hunting/killing. It may not be for you and that's great, but calling it SICK is kinda twisted.

One for the road....

TEAM 39 Pass Thru Posse
    29/60 KillR ChillR
    49@28 Roy Hall Apache