Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I had bow press fingers made for $6 each

I had bow press fingers made for $6 each

I took the pdf print out from 1miss's thread to my local sheet metal shop that has a laser cutter and I am having them cut 12 fingers out of 1/2" plate for $73 bucks. When I saw guy's selling them here for $75 a set, I was thinking no way could it cost that to have those fingers cut out and I was right.

Hunt hard. Pick a spot.

Talking fingers

I thought $75 price for the fingers was great
    Considering there is 2 sets, with mounting plates, connecting rods, drilled and tapped for the ajusters , rubber dipped and labour to put it all together.
    Price is cheap. And all you have to do is mount it to your press.
    Lets not turn this thread into something that it is not, okey
    Andy

Shoot the bow and let the bow shoot the arrow
    Nuge Strings Pro Staff...LOL
    PSE DNA
    PSE SLUGINATOR 3D
    CBE sights

Thats cool you have a place thats doing it for so cheap, the shop here wanted $15 a finger when I asked about it not counting the 12"x 24" steel plate they wanted $45 for

Quote Originally Posted by 3--d View Post
    I thought $75 price for the fingers was great
    Considering there is 2 sets, with mounting plates, connecting rods, drilled and tapped for the ajusters , rubber dipped and labour to put it all together.
    Price is cheap. And all you have to do is mount it to your press.
    Lets not turn this thread into something that it is not, okey
    Andy

I wasn't trying to turn this thread into anything more than a diy (do it yourself) thread. I was giving people info on how cheap it was to have the fingers made themselves seeing how that is the hardest part of the press. Sorry if I was treading on you but at $24 for fingers and some flat stock that might cost $5 for leftovers to make the bases with a can of plastic dip @ $6. I will d.i.m. (do it myself) I have already been pm'd to sell some and I said no and gave instructions on how to track down the right people to get it done themselves because I feel that is the spirit of this area. Giving people ideas and helping them do it themselves because we like to tinker, right?

If I started this thread in the classifieds I could understand more where you are coming from. I actually wasn't referencing anyone in particular. If people have no means to have this done themselves then your option is an excellent one to be able to build their own press for a fraction of the original.
    Hunt hard. Pick a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by TcArchery08 View Post
    Thats cool you have a place thats doing it for so cheap, the shop here wanted $15 a finger when I asked about it not counting the 12"x 24" steel plate they wanted $45 for
    Where are you in Washington? Becuase that is where I am. You can call Tacoma Steel and ask for Sern and I bet he will sell and ship you some. He has the cad drawing now so you won't have to do anything but ask for bow press fingers. He has no idea what they are but he can get them done.lol
    Hunt hard. Pick a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by HIGHSIDE74 View Post
    Where are you in Washington? Becuase that is where I am. You can call Tacoma Steel and ask for Sern and I bet he will sell and ship you some. He has the cad drawing now so you won't have to do anything but ask for bow press fingers. He has no idea what they are but he can get them done.lol
    Im in Wenatchee, all we have here is CDA and they have to have there shop in Spokane cut them I think thats why there so much, I have a plasma cutter but its a cheapy and would take for ever to cut 1/2" steel so I went ahead and bought some off the guy on here lol

I hope your press turns or turned out great
    Hunt hard. Pick a spot.

I hope your press turns or turned out great
    its nice my finger will be here tomorrow so I'll be all set to put the new strings on my GTO

I talked to Sern at Tacoma Steel in Wa. State and he will have the guy's make and ship any fingers you guy's need. Their # is 800-422-4096 ref. order # 906054 bow press fingers $6.08 each for 1/2 laser cut. you have a choice of thickness 3/8 1/2 5/8. thinner is cheaper thicker is more of course. I will add the pic of the exact finger he will make.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hunt hard. Pick a spot.

I talked to Sern at Tacoma Steel in Wa. State and he will have the guy's make and ship any fingers you guy's need. Their # is 800-422-4096 ref. order # 906054 bow press fingers $6.08 each for 1/2 laser cut. you have a choice of thickness 3/8 1/2 5/8. thinner is cheaper thicker is more of course. I will add the pic of the exact finger he will make.
    Thanks for the info. I will be getting a few sets before I move back down south.
    Strothers SX-1

I was wondering why you would not want the very tips of these fingers to break over 90 deg? I would think if they broke at 90 deg you would just push your bow up into the fingers until they stop, then start squeezin? I think the answer is to keep it more "universal" for the non parallel limb bows? For a parallel limb bow 90 would be ideal. I think if I were to have some cut for myself I would cut them 90 deg at the tip for my SBXT. Am I close?

Fingers

I sent Sern an email, we will see what they want just for a set of four. Cross your fingers for me that they dont go up drastically. If they do, some of us may need to pool our orders to save money.

He will cut what ever you want. The price is more by weight than anything else. I asked him before I posted this for you guy's.
    Hunt hard. Pick a spot.

ttt
    Team Freak Nasty Archery-Backyard Barn Archery Pro Staff Shooter!!-Underground Archery Association Staff Shooter-T.R.U. Ball Staff-Athens Factory Staff-BcBow Slings

When you get your fingers. Please post some pic's so that we can see what they look like.

This thread is a lil older, anyone order recently?

just called, Sern was with a customer, left message...will try to call in a few again...

called about, still ended up with voicemail...did not get a call back...will see what happens tomorrow....

finally got a response back from Sern from an email I sent him...he said he would get back with me in a couple of days with a quote...???

Did you refer to the order #?

Unless the price of steel went up it should be the same.

You should have refered to the order # and said I'll take 4 or 8 or what ever and you would be done now. The quote had already been done. I hope he doesn't rethink the price.
    Hunt hard. Pick a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by highside74 View Post
    Did you refer to the order #?

Unless the price of steel went up it should be the same.

You should have refered to the order # and said I'll take 4 or 8 or what ever and you would be done now. The quote had already been done. I hope he doesn't rethink the price.
    I did not specifically state the order number in the email but I did mention archerytalk, etc....

sounded like he knows whats up and was getting me current price or hiking...that being said there is a metal place here in town that goes off of current steel prices regardless of what they purchased it for...prolly same deal....I would get the local joes to do it but they just sell...and so far all the locals that have responded to my requests for quotes have all been in the $100 range....would have to get 100+ before even getting close to a number like $6 a piece....

You didn't tell him how much the other guys are did you? You should contact him back and give him the order # in the thread.
    Hunt hard. Pick a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by highside74 View Post
    You didn't tell him how much the other guys are did you? You should contact him back and give him the order # in the thread.
    he77 no I did not mention that...I will shoot him an email with the previous order number right now...

done, previous order number sent...

question, how did he work the shipping part? say many wanted to order on this one whack, would he ship to all parties or is it too cumbersome for him...???

no return reply with any quote....sent along a nudge email just now....wondering if he does not want to mess with this?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast