Thread: What does Bumb and TTT Mean?

What does Bumb and TTT Mean?

New and wanting to know what it means?

Quote Originally Posted by gstaj33 View Post
    New and wanting to know what it means?
    Bump means to bump the post to the top. And TTT means Take To Top. Basically they both mean to bring a post to the top the page. Welcome to ArcheryTalk.
    ~ Light Em' Up & Shoot Em' Up with ZBros Archery Sight Lights ~

Welcome to AT.
    Lord, I thank You for the opportunity to go out on the hunt. I thank You for the time alone to think and reflect on life. I thank You for the time with hunting friends, enjoying good fellowship, good stories, meals and drinks. Thank You for the beauty seen during the hunt and for the game taken and shared. I thank You especially for a safe hunt for myself and for all the hunters who share the field. AMEN.

Ok i have heard this explained like 5 times and i get what it means, but why do people do it? I have seen people put TTT like 15 times on their own thread. Why not just leave it with the original post and then people don't have to scroll through 2 pages of TTT just to tell them to go to the top? Am i missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by adamsmith007 View Post
    Ok i have heard this explained like 5 times and i get what it means, but why do people do it? I have seen people put TTT like 15 times on their own thread. Why not just leave it with the original post and then people don't have to scroll through 2 pages of TTT just to tell them to go to the top? Am i missing something?
    its usually when there trying to sell something and no one is responding and it get pushed down to the bottm. so the post ttt to bring the thread back to the top so others can see it.
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak
    paradigm archery field staff

Because some don't think that members will see it if it's not near the first page or two of the forums.. they forget that we actually know how to 'search' for threads..

it's not to tell people to see the top of the thread they write "TTT" to bump their thread to the top of the forum. they write "TTT" because there is a minimum of 3 letters to reply to a thread. used most commonly in classified threads to make it easier for buyers to see the thread

As a dealer if you dont keep your thread on the first two pages you may not ever be seen as well as someone else may get your business because of it.

bump ha ha

Ok i understand now. Thanks!

I usaually don't go past page 4 much in the classifieds because I'm looking everyday and I've seen everything. But for the other people who don't get here but every few days,it gives them a chance to see it eaiser. It's good to bump it 2 or 3 times in a week but 10x's is getting carried away.

--------t--t--t
    Bump to the top

If you use capital T's U are shouting
    Last edited by Unk Bond; April 1st, 2009 at 09:35 AM.
    Knight Unk, Long live Mutants
    " Play " with archery.
    Don't let archery " Play " with you
    Think while practicing.
    Turn off thinker,while performing

Quote Originally Posted by harley View Post
    I usaually don't go past page 4 much in the classifieds because I'm looking everyday and I've seen everything. But for the other people who don't get here but every few days,it gives them a chance to see it eaiser. It's good to bump it 2 or 3 times in a week but 10x's is getting carried away.
    Actually, I think the rules state that a classified ad shouldn't be "bumped" more than once a day. Of course that doesn't include actual queries/responses on the thread.

Frankly, if I had an item up for sale that didn't move in 7 days, I would close that thread and open a new one and "modify" either the subject line, content, pix, or price - maybe all of it.
    Last edited by pragmatic_lee; April 1st, 2009 at 09:55 AM.
    28 Targets - 112 Arrows
    In my book, the definition of
    "A Good Day"

[QUOTE=pragmatic_lee;1054318225]Actually, I think the rules state that a classified ad shouldn't be "bumped" more than once a day. Of course that doesn't include actual queries/responses on the thread.

Actually the Rules State that a Thread should be Bumped or Taken to the Top a Maximum of 4 Times per Day... I know that I have Warned people in the Past for Excessive Bumping,Mainly because it is Unfair to the other Sellers; not to mention it is Agianst AT`s Classifieds Rules;Specifically Rule#22... J.R.
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/announ...hp?f=100&a=147
    2008.5 Ninja & Realtree AP Camo Elite Z-28`s 07/08 Black Cammed "Killing Machine" Hardwoods Tribute AT CLASSIFIEDS Administrator CLASSIFIED RULES>>>----->http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/announ....php?f=8&a=168

[QUOTE=Jersey Ray;1054318311]
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic_lee View Post
    Actually, I think the rules state that a classified ad shouldn't be "bumped" more than once a day. Of course that doesn't include actual queries/responses on the thread.

Actually the Rules State that a Thread should be Bumped or Taken to the Top a Maximum of 4 Times in a 24 Hour Period... I know that I have Warned people in the Past for Excessive Bumping,Mainly because it is Unfair to the other Sellers not to mention it is Agianst AT`s Classifieds Ruolers;Specifically Rule#22... J.R.
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/announ...hp?f=100&a=147
    I knew there was some rule - glad you clarified it. Too bad there isn't a time limit on classified threads. It seems that some are nothing more than a gathering place for the users of a certain product.
    28 Targets - 112 Arrows
    In my book, the definition of
    "A Good Day"