Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sight Tapes.. Who can make them??

Question Sight Tapes.. Who can make them??

I have the New Hogg Father ordered and im going to need some sight tapes for it.. I have considered buying Archers Advantage but have no way of really making quality tapes like a lable marchine would make.. Could anyone help me out if I get my first and last pin Sighted in? Thanks for any and all help guys....

GONE TRAD....

Quote Originally Posted by AggieHoyt28 View Post
    I have the New Hogg Father ordered and im going to need some sight tapes for it.. I have considered buying Archers Advantage but have no way of really making quality tapes like a lable marchine would make.. Could anyone help me out if I get my first and last pin Sighted in? Thanks for any and all help guys....
    Go-ahead an buy it, tape it on with some clear tape on the ends then run a strip over the whole thing to WP it. I would make a card also that tells you the numbers to use on your new sight. I use the numbers on the chart then look at the tape as a ref just to make sure I didn't fat finger a number. To me the numbers are more accurate.

HHA makes sight tapes and stores like Cabela's sells them too. I don't see why they would not work once you chronograph your arrow. SRM
    2008 Hoyt Vectrix Plus with 28" DL @ 60 lb, Extreme Strings and Cables, 28" .340 Gold Tip XT Hunter arrows, 100 grain DRT Broadheads, Trophy Ridge REACT Sight, FUSE Whisker Biscuit, Tranquilizer - Golden Key Archery Stabilizer, Tight Spot Arrow Quiver, & black wrist sling

Quote Originally Posted by SunRiverMan View Post
    HHA makes sight tapes and stores like Cabela's sells them too. I don't see why they would not work once you chronograph your arrow. SRM
    I don't crono mine.

I shoot and get numbers off my sight for 20, 40, 60 and maybe 80. Plug those numbers in and it calculates the "actual" speed. You would be suprised the difference.

Yeah, Im wanting to sight in for 30,40 & 50 then get my lowest pin sighted in say 120 or so.. Then get Archers advantage to get the numbers straight for me.. Guess I should spend the money and download it..
    GONE TRAD....

If I were to download the program instead of buying a cd of it. whats the best way to save the program so i dont loose it in a crash. Will it fit on a data pug etc?
    GONE TRAD....

The pre-printed tape with chrono method will probably not work. The dial to head movement ratio space the marks farther apart than the normal fps readings would indicate.

Example: chrono velocity of 300fps might need a tape with mark spacings closer to what 270fps would generate.

OT2 has been updated to support the Hogger Dial sights. So you could enter the chrono velocity and the marks will be generated with the correct spacing to reflect actual velocity.
    Always OnTarget2!
    www.pinwheelsoftware.com
    Software For Archers (SFA)
    Tapes And Charts (TAC)
    Shaft Selector (SS)

Good deal I hear on target 2 is an excellent tool as well. Wondering can you download it as well if you purchase it? and how do i Save it from computer crashes. I had heard on bowcast that you can enter the distance from the first pin to the last and it would produce a sight tape for you.. is this correct? thanks for the information guys.. Also when you say it has the info for the spot hogg sights is their a tab you click or something that shows the different type of sights.. ?
    GONE TRAD....

9. TAP PRO support the Hogg Father in ALL modes of operation. Single speed, Two Speed, Sight Marks and Calculate Everything.

You simply Select "Spot-Hogg Side Dial Series"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TAP; April 17th, 2009 at 02:56 PM.
    Tony Virnoche
    www.thearcheryprogram.com
    TAP PRO, TAPes and TAP for Windows Mobile Devices

Quote Originally Posted by TAP View Post
    TAP PRO support the Hogg Father in ALL modes of operation. Single speed, Two Speed, Sight Marks and Calculate Everything.
    Guess im a little slow on the target lingo. but what did all that mean?
    GONE TRAD....

11. Quote Originally Posted by AggieHoyt28 View Post
    Guess im a little slow on the target lingo. but what did all that mean?
    It means the following:
    Give TAP One speed, Perfect TAPE
    Give TAP Two speeds (one at the bow, one down range), Perfect TAPE
    Give TAP Two Sight Marks (first mark 20,30 or 40 yards second mark farther than the first), Perfect TAPE
    Select your Bow, measure carefully, Perfect TAPE

All modes of operation work flawlessly with the new Spot-Hoggs as well as ANY other sight I am aware of on the market today.
    Tony Virnoche

TAP PRO support the Hogg Father in ALL modes of operation. Single speed, Two Speed, Sight Marks and Calculate Everything.

You simply Select "Spot-Hogg Side Dial Series"
    TAP Pro....cool.......I want it........can I upgrade?

13. Quote Originally Posted by bowhnter7 View Post
    TAP Pro....cool.......I want it........can I upgrade?
    As long as you are a TAP user anytime since I kept records....1998 YES you can upgrade!
    Tony Virnoche

I didnot see the pic the first time for some reason. That program is freakin awsome. Guess i need to order that!!!!!!
    GONE TRAD....

It means the following:
    Give TAP One speed, Perfect TAPE
    Give TAP Two speeds (one at the bow, one down range), Perfect TAPE
    Give TAP Two Sight Marks (first mark 20,30 or 40 yards second mark farther than the first), Perfect TAPE
    Select your Bow, measure carefully, Perfect TAPE

All modes of operation work flawlessly with the new Spot-Hoggs as well as ANY other sight I am aware of on the market today.
    I use an older version of TAP at the shop to print out sight tapes and most times I don't have alot of time so I just use the single velocity mode and those that I have made a tape for are shooting spot on out to 50+ yards and are very happy with what I give them (thanks Tony), now I have to shoot against them which is always fun.
    Hoyt VANTAGE ELITE
    HOYT PRO ELITE X2
    BRUNNERS PRO SHOP STAFF SHOOTER
    TAP

What about saving the program so I dont loose it.. Or If I do loose it can I download it again if I have paid for it before.. Like you mentioned to the gentleman above?
    GONE TRAD....

17. Quote Originally Posted by AggieHoyt28 View Post
    What about saving the program so I dont loose it.. Or If I do loose it can I download it again if I have paid for it before.. Like you mentioned to the gentleman above?
    I regularily email, set up download links, whatever I need to do to make sure you have what you paid for! If you are within the first year just login and download what you need. You can save, burn I dont care what you do with the downloads.....it's yours!
    Tony Virnoche

Sounds good to me.. Thanks for the quick responces.
    GONE TRAD....

>>Wondering can you download it as well if you purchase it?

When you download the trial version, the install program that you download is the "full version" with some features disabled. You could save the install to a hard copy media, if you want.

>>and how do i Save it from computer crashes.

The latest version is always posted on the Pinwheel website.

>>I had heard on bowcast that you can enter the distance from the first pin to the last and it would produce a sight tape for you.. is this correct?

Yes. You can have OT2 calculate your velocity from marks, pin gaps, or arrow drop. A chronograph will work, but they can be "off" relative to the program velocity. If your chrony isn't calibrated and it's off by 3% that's a difference of 8.4fps at 280.

>>Also when you say it has the info for the spot hogg sights is their a tab you click or something that shows the different type of sights.. ?

Yes. Database Selection subtab. Has the bow, sight, shaft, vane, and fletch databases. The Spot Hogg dial type sights also have a quick selection radio button on the Equipment tab.
    Always OnTarget2!
    www.pinwheelsoftware.com
    Software For Archers (SFA)
    Tapes And Charts (TAC)
    Shaft Selector (SS)

BlackGold

As long as you are a TAP user anytime since I kept records....1998 YES you can upgrade!
    TAP, have you seen this one yet? Have it on order and it'll be my first adjustable....

http://www.blackgoldsights.com/produ...sy_glider.aspx
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ______________________________ __
    (2010 & 2011 BowTech Destroyer 340) HardWoods HD
    (2013 BowTech Experience) Ninja
    BlackGold, CarbonTech, G5, Octane, RipCord, RidgeRunner Slings and 60x Strings -
    'I'm get'n stupid loose and I'm a lefty!'

21. Quote Originally Posted by 'Ike' View Post
    TAP, have you seen this one yet? Have it on order and it'll be my first adjustable....

http://www.blackgoldsights.com/produ...sy_glider.aspx
    Yes...waiting for it to arrive in the mail. TAP will already handle that sight with 100% accuracy, I might add the whole series as selections in the next rev.

Right now TAP all versions will handle this with no problems, all modes of operation.
    Tony Virnoche

Don't want to sound redundant, but I've always said TAP is the easiest to use and has the best customer service by far. I think this thread proves it.
    If you're on the edge about selecting a software program, I recommend TAP. If a redneckharleyridin bowhunter and an elf can use it, it HAS to be the best!

I just looked at purchasing TAP and have a question.

What is the differance between the Desktop CD ($60) and the Download ($35) versions?

I would assume that if you bought the download version that you could save it to a CD for a back-up in the event of a computer crash?

Thanks

24. Quote Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
    I just looked at purchasing TAP and have a question.

What is the differance between the Desktop CD ($60) and the Download ($35) versions?

I would assume that if you bought the download version that you could save it to a CD for a back-up in the event of a computer crash?

Thanks
    The Download is always the most up to date. I am going to be discontinuing CD's this month.

When you buy TAP and download it, you can do whatever you need to for safe keeping.
    Tony Virnoche

Will TAP run a sureloc lethal weapon sight on a Elite envy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast