a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: exotic ram hunt

exotic ram hunt

I recently went on a ram hunt and killed this Rocky MT. Ram. The hunt was a blast and the price wasn't bad($350). It was on a 150 acre island on the Susquehanna river in PA. I spotted the ram and dropped into a hollow to get infront of him. Belly crawled the last 75 yards or so to close the gap to thirty yards and put the slick trick on him. The rest of my buddys took a few hours to get close enough for their rams. The cover was thick and they would either bunch up or constantly be moving. I know some people are fixed on fair chase so if they disagree they can look at another thread. My friends and I had a great time and I will probably go back next year.
    thanks for looking.

Attached Images Attached Images
    MATHEWS Z7

hey Jersey dude, nice job!! those horns are going to make a great mount in a man cave or your living room!!! congrats
    I hate Politicians!

Congrats
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30 , LimbDriver ProV , Viper H1000 , Trophy Ridge Arrows , Muzzy 3 Blade
    Hoyt AM 32 , Drop Zone , Viper H1000 , Trophy Ridge Arrows , Muzzy 3 Blade
    Hoyt Havoc -Tec , Drop Zone , Extreme RT900 , V.A.P. 1 Arrows , Muzzy 3 Blade
    U.S. Army 1981 - 1989

nice ram

Great shooting sounds like you all had a good time.
    2012 Strother Wrath
    HHA Optimizer Sight
    2in. Blazers on Goldtips
    Onestringer arrow wraps

Little Jon Bow Strings

This is a pic of me and a buddy hunting a 500 ac. ranch in MI and we had a ball. It wasn't easy getting the only two rams on a 500 ac. ranch. Your Ram looks AWESOME!!!
    2012 CPXL SH camo 52lbs 436 grain arrow 279fps.
    2014 BT RPM 51.7lbs for wife 378 grain 271fps & 2012 Elite answer 52.5lbs wifes
    2015 bowtech Boss on order
    2015 Hoyt nitrum turbo

nice ram! it was a tough hunt for mine also i hunted all day for mine.
    Team fitzgerald pro staff member,pse brute x,thunderhead broad heads,cabelas/beman arrows

Quote Originally Posted by bowtech2006 View Post
    This is a pic of me and a buddy hunting a 500 ac. ranch in MI and we had a ball. It wasn't easy getting the only two rams on a 500 ac. ranch. Your Ram looks AWESOME!!!
    I gotta know, what in the hell are those?

Those might be the most evil looking animal on the planet. Awesome green eyes on the righ.....

Quote Originally Posted by BAMBI KILER View Post
    I recently went on a ram hunt and killed this Rocky MT. Ram. The hunt was a blast and the price wasn't bad($350). It was on a 150 acre island on the Susquehanna river in PA. I spotted the ram and dropped into a hollow to get infront of him. Belly crawled the last 75 yards or so to close the gap to thirty yards and put the slick trick on him. The rest of my buddys took a few hours to get close enough for their rams. The cover was thick and they would either bunch up or constantly be moving. I know some people are fixed on fair chase so if they disagree they can look at another thread. My friends and I had a great time and I will probably go back next year.
    thanks for looking.
    Congrats on your ram its a nice one .

But I have to tell you it is a Ramboulet or Barbarousa ram they are not a rocky mt ram they are actually a low desert sheep from europe and or middle east in origin they were brougyt here by the spanish as food along with what is called a feral goats like the angora or catalina .
    As I said its a dandy and congrats

Quote Originally Posted by BCFrye_Kansas View Post

Those might be the most evil looking animal on the planet. Awesome green eyes on the righ.....
    BCfrye Those are called Four horned sheep
    Last edited by Shouldernuke!; April 18th, 2009 at 11:57 PM.
    I deer hunt what do you do ?

That is a nice ram and will make a fine mount. I really like those Four Horned Sheep, one day I might go take one myself. Here is a pic of my sons Texas Dall he shot this year. Congrats on a great time and a well earned trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by bowtech2006 View Post
    those things are freakin wild, and actually a little scary lookin!!! congrats
    I hate Politicians!

Cool guys.... Sounds fun and congrats.

$350 for a ram with more than a full curl is a great deal, but they aren't much for eatting! I got the loins from mine yet in the freezer waiting for someone to come over and try them, but my wild boar was excellent!
    Trophy Hunters Supply LLC
    Pro Shop authorized to sell: Bows by PSE, Obsession and Elite Archery..... Crossbows by Scorpyd, Killer Instinct, Ten Point and Barnett. We carry all the popular accessories and equipment needed to outfit all your hunting needs!
    Call 920-833-BOWS or text 920-562-0099 for questions or to order! Find us on Facebook

Congrats!
    13 PSE Drive 72# 29"
    HHA/Trophy Taker/NAP/Scott/Deer Crossing Archery

Quote Originally Posted by BCFrye_Kansas View Post

They are called a Jacobs four horn ram, they are really cool looking but its a pain in the butt to skull mount one cause of all the horns. Plus they wouldn't let you get very close to them I had to belly crawl to get to 42 yards where I put a arrow in its heart, which was lucky cause there bodys are not very big they have like 8 inch hair all over them. I thought i was aiming for the lungs but nope the heart.
    2012 CPXL SH camo 52lbs 436 grain arrow 279fps.
    2014 BT RPM 51.7lbs for wife 378 grain 271fps & 2012 Elite answer 52.5lbs wifes
    2015 bowtech Boss on order
    2015 Hoyt nitrum turbo

Those are some nice looking Rams. Gotta love the Jacobs 4 Horned Rams. I really like the Barbarossa Rams too.

Here is a pic of my wife's first bow kill and my first Ram. They are Corsican Rams. I bought her a Razor's Edge in December and I thought a Ram Hunt would be a good way to start her off. I think her Ram is a cross breed. It has really thick sheeps wool on its back. I actually wanted to kill it but didnt. My Ram has spiral horns but you cant see it in the pics. We killed them @ Rockin H Ranch in MO. There's not a lot of High Fence Exotic Ranches near us but it turned out great. We were scheduled for a 3 day 2 night hunt and were finished within 5 hours of getting there.