Thread: Carbon Express Maxima vs. Beman ICs Hunter

Carbon Express Maxima vs. Beman ICs Hunter

I recently purchased a dozen Beman ICS Hunter Arrows. They came with 4" vanes. After reading a few articles I am considering buying a dozen Carbon Express Maxima arrows with 2" blazers on them. The Carbon Express are a bit pricier than the Bemans, so my question is are they worth it? And are 2" blazers superior to 4" vanes. I'm shooting an '09 AM32 at 64 lb. draw. I use a drop away Hoyt rest as well. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to drop the money on a dozen arrows if they aren't worth it.

I really only shoot blazers on both of those arrows so I dont know but from my personal experience I like the beemans better. They have held up fine in hunting and practice situations, they are really quiet in flight and on my draw unlike the maximas, and they just shot better for me. The total arrow weight was heavier with my beemans also which I like......

I have owned a total of (6) Bemans (won't buy any more either), a few trophy ridge and over 5 dozen carbon express. I like the added diameter of the CE, it's easier to pull from targets and they hit like a ton of bricks. My practice arrows are carbon express predator 2 and hunting arrows are maxima hunters. The bemans fly well, but I just really like the flight, KE, durability and feel of the CE.
    Last edited by athomPT; April 20th, 2009 at 12:47 PM.
    Romans 5:12

I shot ics's for years. I tried to switch to axis's but went back to the ics because they shot better and I had tighter groups. Most of my friends shoot cx maxima's and they seem more durable so I made the switch. they shoot just as good as the ics's and hold up better on those bad shots we all have every once and a while.

Maximas all the way.....better arrow
    2010, Parker, Cyclone.

2011, Ten Point, Carbon Fusion, Crossbow, 400gr. Bolt, 350Fps.

Beman is a very hard arrow to beat for its price...I had some of the CE aramids last year but they cost so dang much I was afraid to shoot at anything...you wont be disappointed with the bemans!
    '11 Elite pulse ninja 28" 70#, spot-hogg hogg-it, Ripcord code red,stokerized
    '10 Elite Z28 ninja 70# 28 CBE sniper pro XL, G5 expert pro, stokerized
    1973 Bear Kodiak Mag 28" 45# recurve ( my grandfathers old bow)
    Samik Sage 28" 50#

carbon express maxima or maxima hunters,in my opinion are the best shaft out there.

I will never buy another Beman arrow again. My son and wife have both converted over to Carbon Express and have never looked back.

And for those of you who complain about Carbon Express' accuracy, it's accurate enough to do this by my 7 year old.

-Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Beastmaster; April 20th, 2009 at 01:59 PM.
    My Bows-Two '09 Hoyt Ultra Elite/'10 Athens eXceed 300
    Wife - 2006 Hoyt UltraTec
    Son - 2009 Hoyt UltraElite GTX/2013 Hoyt ProComp Elite GTX/2014 Hoyt ProComp Elite GTX
    USA Archery National Judge/ Level 4 NTS Coach

carbon express!!!

CX Maxima is the best shaft built today for 3D/hunting. Specs are better than any other and you will get 12 arrows out of a dozen that group together rather than 8-10 as commonly found in other brands of arrows.

Spine consistency and grains per shaft are best available.