Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lighted arrow nocks

Lighted arrow nocks

I was wondering where I can get the LED lights. Also If anyone has made some of these I would appreciate some advice. I've watched a how to on YouTube and I kind of know how to do it...Thanks!!!

Mathews Z7
    Mathews Drenalin

nite brite

Hi
    Do a google search for Nite Brite Replacement Battery. I also watched you tube and have made a couple of them. they work great.

try searching for
    fishermanswarehouse

hope this helps

thill flote batterys from basspro
    Darton Pro Staff
    Great Northern Paracoard Pro staff
    Dark Wolf custom bow strings Staff Shooter

gander has them also

You can order them from from horizon hobby. You get a 3 pack for $9.97. Heres a link http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ID=RNBRC7047R3
    You can also buy cheap instructions for a much better way to make them in the classifieds section.
    The link I provided doesnt seem to be working but it gives you an idea of where to look.
    Last edited by revoarcher; April 25th, 2009 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Link not working

you will get better results with sewing needle method i did the glue method and messed some up but with the sewing method i havent messed any up since very simple and they work well
    Hoyt Maxxis35, katera xl , ultratec,
    spitfire,hellrazor broadhead's, carbon apache, axcel armortech ,hot shot tempest, carter insatiable 3,bstinger stabilizers
    deer crossing archery arrows >-------->

Quote Originally Posted by mtn. archer View Post
    you will get better results with sewing needle method i did the glue method and messed some up but with the sewing method i havent messed any up since very simple and they work well
    Yea, I saw another thread where they used that. Istill don't understand exactly how you do that!!!
    Mathews Z7
    Mathews Drenalin

Check out Firenocks...IHMO, they the best ones you can get out on the market. Tons of different versions for target and hunting, many different nock color options, cutting edge technology, and they're reliable...shot after shot, after shot.

www.firenock.com/

I don't work for them...I use their product...tried lots of other nocks out there, and I'm sold on this one...not going back.

where to buy

If you have a sportsman warehouse closing near you they are cheap to get. I bought 5 today for $1.34 each. The ones I bought were in the fishing area and come with the bobbers (not that I need them). The sign on the door said 2 days left.

ebay is the cheapest place i've found and they do work great

Man I need to make some of those.

I buy my lights at the local bait and tackle shop

If go to the fishing section at the local store, what exactly should I ask for? thanks guys!
    Mathews Z7
    Mathews Drenalin

i got mine from a local hardware/outdoors store. and i have both the plans from here (revoarcher) and I did follow the ones from youtube, youtube were easier to make but revos work better.
    Hoyt/Athens

I got 2 Thil lights at Wal-Mart for $3.16 each, just got them this weekend so haven't had time to try them yet though
    Nothing to see here

Some questions for you who have been using these. Do you turn them on before the shot or do they turn on on impact? If you miss and they slide in the grass will they turn on(hunt from ground)? And do they weigh much? Thanks
    "05" Patriot/"06" Allegiance
    Winners Choice
    Copper John & Meta Peep
    Mean V CSS
    Ripcord/Limbdriver

Quote Originally Posted by kzz1king View Post
    Some questions for you who have been using these. Do you turn them on before the shot or do they turn on on impact? If you miss and they slide in the grass will they turn on(hunt from ground)? And do they weigh much? Thanks
    No you dont have to turn them on before the shot they turn on by the string pushing the nock in on both designs. If you make them my way they will stay on sliding through the grass. I cant say about the other way because I never shot one in the grass and didnt like the downfalls of the design. So I made them my way. As far as weight mine will add about 12 grs the youtube way will add more.

Quote Originally Posted by PA3-DArcher4 View Post
    Yea, I saw another thread where they used that. Istill don't understand exactly how you do that!!!
    Can you post a link to the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by PA3-DArcher4 View Post
    It's actually pretty easy. You push the light all the way into the nock until it's as deep as you want it. Then take a needle in a pair of pliers and heat it with a lighter/blowtorch/kitchen stove/etc. until it's red hot. Then push the needle into the nock toward the plastic end of the light. The needle SHOULD go right though, and it'll fuse the end of the light to the nock.

At least that's what I did when I made mine. No glueing, no drilling, and seems to hold up pretty good so far.

Edit: Works really well with a small brad nail as well.
    Shoot straight. Don't miss.

Is there any worries about comprimising the structural integrity of the nock?

We are asking an awful lot of these little pieces of plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by kwilson16 View Post
    Is there any worries about comprimising the structural integrity of the nock?

We are asking an awful lot of these little pieces of plastic.
    If you do it the youtube way, yes. You can drill too much out and make the nock crack/break while you're making it, when you shoot it, when it stops, etc. The way I did it, there's no drilling, and the hole I made with the needle is so small that I don't think there's any loss of strength. I could be wrong, but I don't think there's enough strength loss reguardless to matter.

I just checked ebay for these Nite Brite battery/light devices. Here is what I found.

(1) Lindy LF110 Thill Nite Brite Battery & Red Light (310134826439) $3.39.

Shipping $9.57.

Please note that the shipping charge was NOT noted until I inquired vie email. So, be careful. If the shipping fee is not noted, and you proceed with the purchase, you may get stung! The seller was jmstore
    Thoughts entering one's mind need not escape one's mouth!
    As I age my memory fades .... and that's a load off my mind!

We Live In The Land Of The Free, Only Because Of The Brave
    2010 Elite GT500: 50&60lb, HHA DS-5500, QAD UltraRest HD Pro Series, VForce HV 400
    Hakuna Matata to all!

That little piece of plastic is pretty strong and if you glue the battery and light in good they add strength back into the nock. Check this thread out?
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=861153

Another source for Lindy Nite Brite Replacement Batteries is
    http://www.fishermanswarehouse.com/s..._detail&p=3971

$2.99/ea & no shipping charges.
    Thoughts entering one's mind need not escape one's mouth!
    As I age my memory fades .... and that's a load off my mind!

We Live In The Land Of The Free, Only Because Of The Brave
    2010 Elite GT500: 50&60lb, HHA DS-5500, QAD UltraRest HD Pro Series, VForce HV 400
    Hakuna Matata to all!

I also found them at Gander Mountain in Amarillo on Thursday for $1.99 a piece. I might see if they have any more when I go through tomorrow.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast