Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What ever happened to Golden Eagle Archery?

What ever happened to Golden Eagle Archery?

I just recently got back into Bowhunting and shooting after about a 9 year hiatus. My old bow is a Golden Eagle Orion Mark 1. I was wondering what ever happened to Golden Eagle Archery and how long ago they went out of business. Any information at all would be appreciated. I loved that bow for many years and after coming back to the world of archery, I'm kinda surprised that they are no longer around.

Golden Eagle

Bear bought GE ,Cascade sports bought Bear and shut GE down.
    Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn’t matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle: when the sun comes up, you’d better be running.

I was a big Golden Eagle fan I owed a Predator, Then the Hawk, And finally an Evolution. Great sucsess with these bows.

And then it was sold to North American Archery Group. A long with Bear, Buck Masters, Chuck Adams, Satilitte Archery and a couple of others. Where they produced them for a while. In Florida.

Then in the early 2000's North American Archery Group was bought by Escalade Sports from Ohio and they dropped a few of the names one being Golden Eagle.

I sure like the looks of the old Golden Eagles but compared to the performance of the newer bows they were slugs.
    PSE Bruin 60lbs @ 28"---PSE Sidewinder 60lbs @ 28"---Scotts Mongoose---Beman ICS Hunters 400---Rocky Mountain Snypers---Summit Cobra X4---Realtree Hardwoods---Summit Seat of the Pants.

Be Safe Shoot Straight

Any idea where to find modules for Golden Eagle Bows?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt Alpha32 View Post
    I just recently got back into Bowhunting and shooting after about a 9 year hiatus. My old bow is a Golden Eagle Orion Mark 1. I was wondering what ever happened to Golden Eagle Archery and how long ago they went out of business. Any information at all would be appreciated. I loved that bow for many years and after coming back to the world of archery, I'm kinda surprised that they are no longer around.
    I too was a fan of GE and LOVED my Evolution. But if your handle means you are sporting a new AM32 then you did good!
    2014 Elite Energy 35 - Perfected Excellence
    Spot Hogg - World's Toughest
    Doinker - World's #1 Stabilizer
    G5 - Designed To Hunt
    Lone Wolf - Your Silent Partner

I have a golden eagle. Its a Predator, but i don't knowwhat year it is. Any idea? Its got older mossy oak camo on it, basically streeks and a few splotchy spots on it.

I forget the model but I had a split limb GE with the slanted grip, it was a fun lil bow.
    ☆~HOYT CS34 blk/Ap snow limbs, HOYT QAD,APS quiver,Apex covert,TB Fang GS, Rattler CF plates, Retrevierfishin Solid flo orange,Chill weather soon? ~☆

I'm back into archery/bow hunting again also after about 12 years away (since last year). The only other bow I ever owned and used for bow hunting was a Golden Eagle (still have it); bought the bow around 1986 but can't remember what model it was. I set it for about 60# pull and remember putting caluses on my finger tips holding at 50% let-off. Did my own camo paint job on it. The industry has come at least a light year since than equipment-wise - I'm shooting a Mathews Z7 Extreme now and am very pleased at how fast I was able to get back to good shooting form with it. No more caluses on my finger tips as I'm shooting with a mechanical release these days.

I had two of them, i think the first one was a forumla 3D ? and the other was a SplitFire 32, i still have the formula 3D. great company, too bad it got shut down.
    Q2
    SWITCHBACK
    REEZEN 6.5
    CREED

My first bow was a Golden Eagle, whatever hunting model they were making in 1991. I killed 5 deer with it, then I moved to Hoyt. I've been out of the game for about 15 years now, and looking to get back in. Man has the technology changed.

I have an Evolution and a Splitfire 32.
    My son killed his 1st buck with the Splitfire

I think I heard Golden Eagle switched over to manufacturing boat anchors. It was an easy transition LOL.

Golden Eagle Predator

This was my first compound bow (1989). I slayed a few deer with it and it got me into the great tradition of archery and hunting, but I'm glad they don't make em like they use to!! The pic also shows that 5 years ago I didn't have much of a bow shop either
    Attachment 1832070
    Drenalin LD-Spot Hogg Hunter-HDX-Bee Stinger Premier Plus
    Centroid LR- Hogg Father- Bee Stinger Premier Plus- LD Micro Elite- GT Ultralight's
    Heli-m-Hogg-It-HDX-Bee Stinger
    Chill X - Hogg Father-HDX-BeeStingers- Carbon Injections

Quote Originally Posted by tack09 View Post
    I think I heard Golden Eagle switched over to manufacturing boat anchors. It was an easy transition LOL.
    Kind of crude....

At it's peak Golden Eagle had bows people could buy, pick up and shoot. That user friendly. Lots of people liked the Evolution and Splitfire.

Speed, Golden Eagle had one, but was shut down before it hit the market. I know where one is that's said to 300 fps with a short draw and set to 55 to 58 pounds. The owner was a GE Rep and still have it.
    Pearson MarXman, Limb Driver, Muddy Virtue HT3s, Bohning vanes, Sure Loc Challenger,
    Super Ball Peep, Stanislawski MagMicro Trio, Onyx, Blackjack and TRU Ball ST360, 30" Cartel.

Hey Sonny, Just being the jokester. I remember those big risers with the lift kits under the limbs. They were a pretty hot bow back in their day.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    Kind of crude....

At it's peak Golden Eagle had bows people could buy, pick up and shoot. That user friendly. Lots of people liked the Evolution and Splitfire.

Speed, Golden Eagle had one, but was shut down before it hit the market. I know where one is that's said to 300 fps with a short draw and set to 55 to 58 pounds. The owner was a GE Rep and still have it.

Still have my evolution and my dad still uses his evolution
    2012 Hoyt Carbon Matrix RKT LD
    QAD Ultrarest HDx
    Fuse Carbon Blade 5 Pin M series
    Fuse 8.5" Carbon Blade Stabilizer

I had one that was circa 1983 with a fine line bowsight that was sweet. I gave it to one of my bigger bow scouts a few years back.

I still have a Golden Eagle. bought it somewhere in '94-'95. It's a Procarbine Hawk and is currently my backup bow, though I haven't shot it lately and it probably could use a new set of string. I was just telling the wife a few weeks ago that I need to resurrect it.

Still have my Predator I received for Christmas in '94 or '95. I shot it the other day for the first time in a long time. It was quite the shock.

'12 LH Insanity CPXL 30.5/70, Custom CBE Tek Hunter, Limbdriver
    '09 LH GT500 30/70 Ripcord, Copper John
    In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity- Albert Einstein

I was on their shooting staff back in the day. Some of the most consistent shooting bows I have ever shot. Also, shot my 1st 60X with a Classic. Shot 120X with a Turbo. Still have have the Turbo. Sweet bows. Cryin shame their gone.

I killed my first deer with one back in 1989, i was 17. I had owned three of them to that point, don't recall the models

Lol those were good times.

How many remember the Golden Eagle "Eagle" target bow? Beautiful paint jobs, Yew wood/maple limbs.
    One of the best finger shooter's bows back in the 80's.
    We sold a bunch of them.
    Good Luck
    RIVERSIDE ARCHERY & RANGE
    SUMAVA RESORTS, IN

I owned 3 Golden Eagle bows at one time. Durring that time period they were the bow to have!
    .........." You'll have that on those big jobs! "......................... ...
    2012 Hoyt CRX 35
    2011 Hoyt Maxxis 35
    "Anti - Crossbow"

There were two bows with the slanted grips. 1998-99 Splitfire (32" a2a) and the Litespeed (37" a2a). Although a touch slower than the Splitfire the Litespeed was the better shooting bow. Very quiet and stable. Also the Litespeed came with your choice of split or solid limbs. Without a doubt the Litespeed was one of the best shooting bows I've had in the last 40 years. Their speed bow for 1997 was the Wildfire. I had a prototype Wildfire that smoked at 304 fps (64# and IBO weight arrow, 27" draw). Problem was the limbs wouldn't stay together. Production model had better limbs and 25 fps slower.
    PRESERVE, PROTECT, AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES FROM ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    UBP Life Member,PSAA Life Member
    Hutch~N~Son strings by Bowstring Depot

The designer for elite archery now was the designer for Golden Eagle back in the day.
    The Inventor of the two track cam system Patent #7997259 , 8276574, 8534269,
    Licensed currently by 10 companies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast