Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY treestands

DIY treestands

Can we get a DIY/homemade treestand thread going, I need to build a couple for this coming season and would like some idea's?????

some of mine

I will get this started, what do you think???
    My version of the rapid rails, my ladder design and one of my climbing stands.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You've got talent. I really like the climber, is it sturdy and safe?
    Shooting for Christ
    Mark 10:28-30
    http://www.ontargetministries.net
    Mathews Z7 * Tru-Ball Short & Sweet * Easton Flatline DOA 340 * Spot Hogg Whammy * Trophy Ridge Alpha V5

climbers

I figure with my hunting gear I probably weigh around 275 max, the only thing that I figure would fail is the chain I use. Similair to the API chains, I buy them from TSC they are for bailers?? I just put shrink tube over it and heat it up, the last one I built I tried clear tygon but it doesn't like to be stretched over the chain?? I have NO worries about the steel stand but, I still wear my SEAT O The Pants harness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

more creations

Here are some more:

diy

nice job with the climbing sticks

box stand.

I make shooting houses for gun season. They are portable because you can take all the walls apart with about 6 screws each and it comes apart like a puzzle. It takes about an hour to have the roof on and the stand finished and level. It's very easy to put together especially if you have one person to help.

more pics

Transport and final location.

stands

Great Blind!! Keep them coming, Hunters helping other hunters with great idea's.

That is a great and comfortable looking blind

i make some stands sry no pics there all in the woods

mine are just 1x1 square tubing with exspanded metal over that 1x1 come up and make a fold up seat made out of a 1x6

Thumbs up diy stands

sweet looking, what size conduit are those rails , is the laddder able to be taken apart? great job, need to fix some, had my ladder stole out of backyardtree after doing some target shooting

ladders

Yes they can be taken apart, there is a picture of a unpainted ladder erected and a picture of them painted brown and stacked for transport.
    I would like to take a picture of them assembled and strapped to a tree, maybe over the weekend??

I really like those climbing sticks.. What type of tube did you use RatherB?

Thanks

ladder tubing

I use EMT conduit, I know there are going to be some sceptics on here but in the 10-15 years I have been using it I have never had a weld fail or the tube fail!!! I have had a tube burst from freezing, had water inside, but anything will burst from ice expansion.

I have used conduit ladders stands many times also and never had any problems. But I did find something I believe is stronger as long as you have help i.e. 2 buddies or a tractor. I used 1 1/2 kendorf/unistrut extremely strong no bounce and does not need any bracing back to the tree from the ladder portion a because it is stronger I made it 5' taller than any conduit stand I have ever been in.

conduit

I mostly use conduit because I have access to a hydraulic bender, this cuts down on welds. Can you post a picture of your ladder stands??

Hi all

Maybe some of you may be able to help out those of us in other parts of the world where the trees don't grow so straight.

I am in South Africa and except for commercial timber plantations, we do not have trees in which a normal hang-on stand can work. You need something like the SwiveLimb that can be strapped to any shape branch after which the seat (and platform if used) can be leveled.

Does any of you over there have any plans or suggestions for such a type of tree stand.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andre
    Nelspruit
    South Africa

I like the ladder

Nice job on the ladder, looks rugged and very climbable, bob,,
    "DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLD, SOME ARE DENIED THE PRIVILEGE"

ladders

Yes they are easy to use!! My father had his miniscus repaired before last season and my ladders were the only ones he could climb without pain?? I also like the fact that they sort of blend in better when painted, your not looking at straight lines against a rounded tree. Once they are painted brown with black break-up markings they blend in well!!

more pic's

Here is my climber on a tree.
    Please note the teeth, they do not slip!!!!!
    I use summit strap-on seats with my stands(which is not in the picture), that way I only need one and can take it with me so it stays dry.

nice large stand

here's a strap on stand I made. It is the best stand I've ever been in if I must say so myself. need to modify the seat this year for more comfort but as for shooting the large platform is really really nice to have. Its made from bbq frame tubing and light gauge expanded mesh.

Here's a style of lock on that I used to build.

Quote Originally Posted by RatherBArchery View Post
    .....the only thing that I figure would fail is the chain I use. Similair to the API chains.....
    I've had my api for more than 10 years and I always worry about the chains. I've long considered replacing it w' a cable but never "get around to it" so I must not be worried enough.

Very nice work. Really like the ladder. All welded?
    Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits...the God of our salvation. Psalms 68:19 KJV Hunt 06 Darton Tempest. Beman Field 340s w' NAP QuickSpins & KillZone, Muzzy rest, TruGlo TFO Competition 06 Darton Tempest; Victory X-Ringer HV. TrophyTaker rest, Tox' sights. Backup 96 Darton Wrangler w' Revolution Archery cams Muzzy rest, TruGlo TFO All bows Anchor Sight optical "No Peep" T.R.U.Ball Sabretooth 4 finger release.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast