Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY treestands

Talking Hangon stand

Hey…

Sweet hang on stand…. I think I’m going to try to make a couple hang on stands my self but I still have to finish a couple ladder stands first. Nice job !!!!

Oil

Hang On Stand

Here is a hang on stand that I built recently. I've still gotta paint it and weld caps on the ends, to keep the wasps out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

Talking hang on stand

Nice job on your stand... You should Post some pics when you get it painted...

The island of Oahu in the state of Hawaii
    Tree's here in Hawaii have little or no bark as you can see, so climbing stands are prone to slip down the tree..... So
    Here's one of my many ladderstand, this one's been in use 2 yrs now

12' to the platform, course you could use 14' 2X4s to if ya wanted higher up.

Blends in well

simple turn buckle and chain holds it very secure. I have a trophy chair I use sometimes if the plywood gets too hard for a all day sit.
    A slow hit is much better,than a fast miss !

Can't post pics twice so I'll drop a link to my thread....

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...ighlight=stand

A pic of the finished product is here - you have to scroll a bit though...

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=750663
    2013 Bear Empire - 27.5" @ 60#'s
    NAP Sizzor
    Copper John Dead Nuts Hunter
    CHL Vibe Killer
    Vapor Trail

homemade treestands

The season is getting closer, let's see those stands!!!

Finished it

I finally got enough time to weld caps on the ends (to keep wasp out) and get it painted.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

on the welded square and round tubing, you should drill a weep hole so as to drain any moisture. very nice stuff guys!
    >>>>>-------Team 25------------->......BLOODTRAIL BROTHERHOOD......
    1911 is faster than 911,....
    There are no real rules about posting.
    There are no real rules about moderation either — enjoy your ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Koorsboom View Post
    Hi all

Maybe some of you may be able to help out those of us in other parts of the world where the trees don't grow so straight.

I am in South Africa and except for commercial timber plantations, we do not have trees in which a normal hang-on stand can work. You need something like the SwiveLimb that can be strapped to any shape branch after which the seat (and platform if used) can be leveled.

Does any of you over there have any plans or suggestions for such a type of tree stand.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andre
    Nelspruit
    South Africa

the sportsman's guide catalog sells one you could order and copy or just get ideas from its company name is Timb-r-lock they sell it for $149.97

here is how it reads in the catalog

GX9D-159420 Amacker Jack Plate Hang-on tree stand $149.97

hope this helps.
    Dave

back up top

Let's see what your hunting out of guys, take a picture of your homemade stands and post them here.

Here is my wooden ground blind that I built for my grandpa:

I made complete instructions complete with cut measures and materials list.
    DIY Ground blind complete plans (2 downloads required)

I can also draw plans for others pm me for details.
    09' NBA Genetix Black '12 NBA Eclipse Black riser Optifade Forest limbs '13 NBA Genetix Black '15 NBA Black Genetix 29" 60lbs
    newbreedarchery.com

Quote Originally Posted by Koorsboom View Post
    Is he still on the forum as the photos in the link do not down-load? I want to send him a PM to get the photos.
    Andre,
    Yep....I'm still here, but I checked and the pics are available. Maybe you were not logged in when you looked? Let me know if I can help.

here is a stand and one of my sticks that I just finished welding on! $70 in 8 stands and 4 full sets of sticks so far!
    2010 Bowtech Captain
    trophy ridge titan v-drive
    limbdriver, sims modular stab, flingin maximas behind rages!!
    Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me!

I did not see this thread when I posted mine. I think my stand and barehunters climbing sticks would take top prize for design and comfort if it were a contest.

Been building permanent metal stands for nearly 10 years, have about 15 set up. Most are 3' X 4' angle frames with expanded metal floors. Some have ladders others individual steps. We like them big enough to hold two people (adult & youngster). Cost around $40-$50 in materials per stand. Swivel seats are removable, hardly any maintenance required.

I like those rebar steps, how do they attach???

This is how we do it in THE WV!!!!!! more for gun hunting but we are tickled with em.....one of 3...have somesort of plans... bout 3ft. off ground, hinged plexiglass windows that we put a metal strip with eyebolts in and attached paracord to eybolts ran through pulley through a hole in the roof to lift to desired height...lots of other details...
    '10 Bowtech Destroyer
    '08 Bowtech Guardian

I posted this one on another thread. I wanted a very sturdy stand with plenty of room for me and my son/s. I also wanted it to have higher than normal sides because I will be putting it over a crp field where long shots are a definite possibility. I didn't see anything like I wanted, and the prices of most were way too much. I have less than $100 in material in this stand, and I KNOW it will stand the test of time.

ladder stand

3spop nice stand there what ga. tubing is that

here is a stand i made from some extras laying around about 12 yrs ago this thing could hold up a truck

Bonecrusher, very nice. That's what I wanted, a stand I could rely on for years to come. I used 14 gauge. It's heavy, but it's what I wanted.

Wood stand

Here's one of my favorite treestands. It is made out of 2x8 legs that support the platform. The platform is 3-1/2' x 4' with a shooting rail all the way around. I since added camo burlap to hide my two boys movement. I have had them it the stand with me several times when we have shot deer ( i'm not always the shooter) . We go thru the trap door and close once in. I also made another stand using 2x6 uprights and it works just as good. The other picture is my feeder that I also made. I used conduit to weld a frame for a 12.5 gallon bucket to set in. I used fence post pipe to elivate the feeder. I bought an American feeder broadcast motor to mount to the bottom with the solar panel to charge the 6 volt battery. I also added the critter zapper so the coon and tree rats won't steel the corn. I works great. I found the bucket at a pool store. They get them in from the shock mfg companies. They gave me this one. The feeder is set 20 yards away from the stand. I never seen any deer under the feeder when I have been hunting. What do you think?
    Last edited by letsgobowhuntin; October 22nd, 2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: change pic

My homebrew stands are a foldable 16 lb stand that I have used for about 7 yrs. I make about 8 per yr. The bottom frame is made of 3/4 in conduit which I bend to the shape that is in the photo. A comfortable foot rest is my favorite part....expandable metal bottom is welded at all contact points and does not make any noise. The uprights are made at 22 inches (I am 6 ft) ... when seated my hips are slightly higher than my knees which takes pressure off the bad knee I have. The seat frame is made of the same conduit and the netting is "Tennis Net". Of the 8 I make a yr they all seem to make it to any number of "Buddies" that always seem to need one more stand. There best feature is comfort for that day you need to be out there all day.

Quote Originally Posted by 1mitch4 View Post
    here is a stand and one of my sticks that I just finished welding on! $70 in 8 stands and 4 full sets of sticks so far!
    How much you charge a guy to build about 10 sets of sticks?? I am always needing sticks, possibly some stands even. I live about an hour from you btw. I am in Springfield atleast 2 times a week for school normally more though.

A couple of pics of one of my home-made ladder stands.

Martial Archer, Very nice. I have been wanting to build some similar. Your seat is similar to my lock on. I think I am going to build one like this but with a slightly larger platform and a swivel seat. I will also make the lower part like a stick ladder with about 5 removable steps. It should be the ultimate bow stand. Comfortable , Safe, and any idiot that finds it cannot climb up without my steps, making it very hard to hunt out of or steal.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast