a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Blue Mountain Archery? Help?

Blue Mountain Archery? Help?

I need some info on a bow. Please help.
    I just bought a bow from a local pawnshop (yes I looked good and hard). It's a Blue Mountain Grey Wolf. I looks brand new! No flaws at all. Can anyone give me some info on this bow?

Blue Mountain

Blue Mountain Archery was a small company in Washington state. It was started by a machining company that was doing work for Clearwater, Golden Circle, Martin, Alpine, and High Country.

The guy that started it ripped off all of the riser, cam, and accessory parts designs and put them together to make bows.

It (the company) went through a couple of different owners and in a couple of different directions but they have been gone now for about 5 or 6 years.

Your bow probably looks very much like a Clearwater. It is a good, middle quality bow. It's dependable, fairly fast and shoots pretty nicely. If you just intend to hunt with it, it will serve you well. One of my sons hunted with one for abour 4 years and it never let him down.

DDD

BMA was actually from Oregon if you really want to get technical. I worked for them for a short time while going to school back home. Definatly a lesson on how a business shouldn't be ran!!!

As for the bows...pretty solid from what I gather though pretty ugly by today's standards.

Tim

Actually, if it was full camo, it would be awesome looking. I've been looking for a new bow for a few months, and this really caught my eye. It's mostly black with gold engraving, aluminium machined riser, matching over draw, 8.5"brace height, 41" ATA, twin cam similiar to the Fury cam, new(er) Golden key 3D rover site, grey wood grain grip (very comfy). The front site is like nothing I have ever seen. It only has a "B M" cut out on the pin guard ( it has 5 horizontal pins that are adjusted by 5 vertical screws that is on a mount that makes the site stick out 6" or so, any ideas on who B M is?) It also has a GKF Tran-quilizer. I only paid $125 for it, I figure the goodies are worth just about that.
    My only concern is that it has a 31" draw lenght, I am a 29". I need to find out what I need to adjust it down.

NHhunter, Email me your Address, I think that I can come up with some 29" modules, My dealer sold then for a couple of years and has a large amount of spare parts.......Jim

Your sight is a blue mountain also

Yeah, it just dawned on me this morning......DUH. Wasn't thinking.

Talking From Oregon??

Naaaaaah,

Blue Mountain started in Walla Walla. As they were "fading away" Jerry's Johnson's son - can't remember his name - Craig? - lived in Oregon. But I didn't think they ever did business there.

No biggy anyway, just curious.

DDD

Yep, Oregon!

I too visited the "factory" one time when i was about 16. It was located in Milton Freewater, which is just a couple of miles from Walla Walla..................PUG
    Those without decency should be fought tirelessly, and without pity.

Im gettin pretty good at barely gettin by....

What year did they go out of business? Festus is going to try to get me some drawlenght modules. My local proshop took a look at it and said the Martin Modules may fit. It's a twin cam that looks like the Fury or Z cam. He seems to think that it is made up of mostly Martin parts. He popped of the cable slide a pointed out that the slide nor the rod had any wear on it. The bow is like new! I'll have some pics soon if anyone is interested.
    Anybody know of any previous BMA dealers? (just incase)

I have had three Blue Mountain Wolferines. I shoot fingers they are the shortest and fastest bow I can shoot well. I use mine for hunting and 3D shooting. I have gone through limbs on two of the bows. From shooting light weight arrows with fingers. I have some 29" draw modules. If you need some. I would love it if you would have some 30'' modules. Heck I'll give them to you. just pay the shipping.

Jarlicker,
    I only have the 31's that are on it. I do want the 29's if you've got them! I'm hoping that Festus can help me, but for the money I'll take what I can get. You are more than welcome to the 31's if you want them. E-mail me with the details
    NHturkeyhunter@aol.com.

Modules

Just FWIW, if you can't find the modules another way.

Look at older High Country cams, and Clearwater cams. I think both of those were like the earlier Golden Circle models. The cam designs that Blue Mtn. used should have come from one of those.

I think by the time Blue Mtn. started up Martin had figured out what was happening and wasn't using that machining outfit any more.

DDD

If you need any other parts I can get them there were alot of bluemnt bows were I am at and I know one of the previous owners. You could email merlin magic from this site he will have any of the modules you are seeking. The blue mnt wolvorine was my first bow and it shot realy well.I think the only parts you will have any problems finding is limbs they seemed to have some problems with them at times.

DDD,

Yup PUG is corrected BMA was located in Milton-Freewater, OR...I had the "pleasure" of both going to high school there plus working at BMA there...ya right!! .

Tim

I just looked on ebay at those bows. The cams on my bow look almost exactly like the High Country cams. Am I on to something?

I think the high country hatchet cam modules fit them. I remember someone shooting it with draw stop modules that hca came out with one year.
    Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner.

In the event this post was worthless. Be happy I bumped up yours.

3DMan1,

Do you know of any limbs in the area down there? One of the guys that shoots league with us exploded his a couple of weeks ago and is still looking for some.
    Are you shooting on Sunday @ Moses?

limbs are hard to come by get the poundage or limb #s and I will look around I know a few guys that bought a few sets when they were going down. I will see youi in mosses if its not windy or rain.

hey
    so i realize that this was a long time ago that you were talking to someone about blue mountain wolverine bows but i was hoping that you still could help me. i have recently got a wolverine from someone and it has 31" and i need a 28-29" module. if you could help me out with this that would be awesome.
    thanks-adam