Thread: Sitka Optifade Gear

Sitka Optifade Gear

As anyone seen or purchased the Sitka Optifade clothing? I am torn between the Predator fleece line and the Sitka gear so I might be taken a ride to Cabelas to see them both in person.

2013 PSE Omen Max Crackerized

Monster Raxx Shooting Staff ** Hips Targets Pro Staff **U-Slide Shooting Staff
    **DLC Camera Pro Staff ** Bow Rattler Shooting Staff

Take this however you want:

Sitka gear is made in China. Yes, the gear looks top notch but you also pay top dollar for it. $125-175 for a pair of pants is outrageous and should be criminal considering where it's made.

Predator used to be made exclusively in the USA but some of the new pants are made in the Philippines. The difference is, Predator charges $50-70 for a pair of pants. That's huge.

I own some Sitka gear and it's no better than any other.

We have to watch out where our money go's with an economy in the toilet.

Good luck,

Rich

sitka gear

Sitka gear no better than any other......

Sitka is spendy, but it is awesome gear that is well made.
    The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.-----Vince Lombardi

Sitka pants don't like the briars and thick stuff. I like the fit, but not too durable for the price.
    2012 Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Accomplice 34
    Stokerized Stabilizers
    Treewalker Treestands

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Sitka gear no better than any other......

Sitka is spendy, but it is awesome gear that is well made.
    Sitka looks great and all, I'm just saying that when an American company has clothes made for ¢.50 an hour and then charges $80 fopr a regular T-Shirt, $70 for gloves, $225 for pants, $275-350 for a jacket it's outrageous.

Optifade is cool, maybe someone has a sale?

Quote Originally Posted by rich-allen View Post
    Sitka looks great and all, I'm just saying that when an American company has clothes made for ¢.50 an hour and then charges $80 fopr a regular T-Shirt, $70 for gloves, $225 for pants, $275-350 for a jacket it's outrageous.
    ?
    You should try to understand the clothing market before you make statements like that...fact is, cotton is cheap, that's why predator camo is cheap. It will fade and is definitely not as durable as higher end, nicer materials. The materials they use to make Sitka gear are NOT cheap...labor of course is cheap, but the materials are not. If you want Sitka gear that's made in the states, you'd pay 3 times what it is right now. If you were running a clothing business your garments would be made elsewhere too.

As for walking through briars...no gear will hold up to that kind of abuse unless you want super thick, warm, heavy pants that you'll never hunt in.

People who cannot or will not afford Sitka gear will minimalize it's value, but for those who have it (and don't walk through razor blades with the stuff on), they'll swear by it.

Fact is, if you had a bunch of gear on the table for free, 9 out of 10...or maybe 10 out of 10 guys would grab Sitka. It's expensive, but well worth it, and you won't regret the purchase. They have dual knit technology that keeps you dry, 2 and 4 way stretch fabrics which make them SO comfortable and durble (they stretch when other fabrics rip), silver particles encapsulated in each garment to kill odor causing bacteria and so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by in 'em View Post
    You should try to understand the clothing market before you make statements like that...fact is, cotton is cheap, that's why predator camo is cheap. It will fade and is definitely not as durable as higher end, nicer materials. The materials they use to make Sitka gear are NOT cheap...labor of course is cheap, but the materials are not. If you want Sitka gear that's made in the states, you'd pay 3 times what it is right now. If you were running a clothing business your garments would be made elsewhere too.

As for walking through briars...no gear will hold up to that kind of abuse unless you want super thick, warm, heavy pants that you'll never hunt in.

People who cannot or will not afford Sitka gear will minimalize it's value, but for those who have it (and don't walk through razor blades with the stuff on), they'll swear by it.

Fact is, if you had a bunch of gear on the table for free, 9 out of 10...or maybe 10 out of 10 guys would grab Sitka. It's expensive, but well worth it, and you won't regret the purchase. They have dual knit technology that keeps you dry, 2 and 4 way stretch fabrics which make them SO comfortable and durble (they stretch when other fabrics rip), silver particles encapsulated in each garment to kill odor causing bacteria and so much more.
    well said. sitka is top notch. I have been using pieces of it mixed with my predator camo. I love predator camo and think it is the best when it comes to blending in but it is not as durable or light as the sitka gear is.

It's all made across seas in one way or another. My predator and ASAT stuff comes by boat and even Day One who makes their stuff right in Co. gets their materials that are made in China and just sews it all up here. There is no way of getting around it anymore so i wouldn't bash a company for being made across seas, because most likely what your wearing is from there also.
    TROPHY HUNTERS SUPPLY LLC
    Authorized Dealer of: Elite Archery.. PSE..ONEIDA EAGLE.. Xpedition..& OBSESSION Bows- Ten Point.. Scorpyd..& Barnett crossbows-AXT-Carbon Express-Rage-QAD-Tru Fire-Stokerized, KTech Stabilizers-HHA..CBE..& Trijicon Sights- we have many more products, please call! www.trophyhunterssupply.com text to 920-562-0099 sales@trophyhunterssupply.com CALL/TEXT OR EMAIL US FOR FAST REPLIES!! Store number 920-833-BOWS (2697)