Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Victory: V-Force V-1's my review!!!!!!

Victory: V-Force V-1's my review!!!!!!

OK so I was sent some Victory arrows to try out. I am a good shooter, not a pro,... just a BHFS Joe, and i am just starting to shoot some freestyle. Here is what i found.

I received a dozen V-Force V-1's in 400 spine. I simply cut them to length, and i used glue in inserts and screw in field tips (85 grains) so this gave me a total tip weight of 100 grains. I used flex fletch 2.25 inch shield cut vanes and pin adapters and pin nocks. i fletched my arrows with my trusty ole Arizona EZ fletcher with a right hand helical.

I went to the pro-shop and shot them through the chrony. the arrows weigh 348 grains, I am shooting 28 1/2 inch draw on my Alpine Ventura at 60 lbs. Spot-Hogg Hogg-It (no scope), a sping steel blade, and my B-Stinger XL freestyle stabs. I am shooting these arrows at 282 fps. I found these arrows to spin very nice, and be very consistent in weight.

OK first evening of shooting them, here is exactely what i did....
    i went outside, walked right to 60 yards and shot 5 arrows,...then walked up pulled them and went right to 20 yards and shot 4 more arrows to make sure my sight was on. I then proceeded to shoot 3 shot groups and take pics. I was shooting at field targets and shot the appropriate yardages for the target i was shooting..... well, the groups speak for themselves. These arrows fly as well as any arrow i have ever shot. I shot really solid shots at 20, 30, 40, and 60 yards,...my 50 yard group i struggled just a little on,...my release was taking a little to long to go (operator error of coarse) here are the pics.....

30 yard group
    bow and scope, victory groups 012.jpg

bow and scope, victory groups 011.jpg
    Screamin Eagle Archery, Vortex Optics Pro Staff, B-Stinger Stabilizers, The Nock Point & Next Step Archery,Americas Best Bowstrings Pro Staff, Spot-Hogg Shooting Staff, Carbon Express Arrows, Hoyt National Staff

"You burn a hole in that spot, and pull the wheels off that bow!" (Jeff Human)
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!!

on the 30 yard group i broke a nock and one arrow is kicked in the target. here is the 60 yard group
    bow and scope, victory groups 014.jpg

bow and scope, victory groups 013.jpg
    Screamin Eagle Archery, Vortex Optics Pro Staff, B-Stinger Stabilizers, The Nock Point & Next Step Archery,Americas Best Bowstrings Pro Staff, Spot-Hogg Shooting Staff, Carbon Express Arrows, Hoyt National Staff

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!!

20 yard group, two arrows at two targets (to save pin nocks) 4x's
    bow and scope, victory groups 020.jpg

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!!

here are a couple more pics first pic is of my first 30 yard and 60 yard group. then when i was done i shot a 4 shot group at 60 yards (4 X's!!!). I really like these arrows, I hope to test some of the Victory Nano Force arrows soon.
    bow and scope, victory groups 015.jpg

bow and scope, victory groups 025.jpg

bow and scope, victory groups 023.jpg

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!!

I'd actually like to try some.
    Stable full of Hoyt Bows... Home of the White Alpha Triad !! (Alpha Elite, AlphaBurner, Alphamax 35)
    Spot On Bowstrings, Fuse Carbon Blades, Doinker Stabilizers (Doink On), Axcel Sights, AAE, Scott, Bow Rattler
    Viper Sights, NAP Rests, Easton & Beman Shafts, Limbsavers, Tru-Ball.

I found the same thing with my V1 300's and Speed Hunter vanes out to 80 yards, except mine weigh in at 480gr going 292fps. They fly the same way with fixed-blade BH's as well.

Unfortunately, mine wanted to drop on me at 11,000 feet and still haven't figured out why.
    2006 LH Bowtech Old Glory 70#, 32 1/2" draw, back to the Hostage rest, SH 7-pin Hunter, 500gr TR Crush 300 @ 285fps.
    2007 LH Bowtech Commander 60#, 32" draw, Limbdriver rest, BG 5-pin Flashpoint.
    2014 PSE Freak SP 70#, 32" draw, not set up yet.

I Love Victory arrows!! I don't paper tune anymore so they don't fly that well but trust me they outgroup any arrow that I shoot! Good review!!!

I love my hv x-ringers. the only problem i have w/ them is I cant shoot groups bc pin nocks are getting expensive. lol

Quote Originally Posted by longaxle View Post
    I Love Victory arrows!! I don't paper tune anymore so they don't fly that well but trust me they outgroup any arrow that I shoot! Good review!!!
    huh

I picked up HV 350's and HV 400's this year, and I'm real pleased with the way they shoot. More stable at 290fps+ than any other shaft I've tried so far.
    Hoyt's
    Hogg's
    Quick Spin's

the Victory arrows sure seem tough as well. I have heard the HV's are a little more fragile. But for the V-Force I think they are extreamely tough. I had to relace the pin on the very first arrow i shot at 30 yards. I removed the broken nock and held a lighter to the pin and pulled it. I use very little glue on my pin adapters, sometimes when they get hit hard enough they break loose on their own. I put a new one in and im right back in business. I knew when I shot that first group at 30 yards i was in business and these arrows will be in my quiver.

these were all one time groups. I simply shot the groups, and took pics how they landed. I felt I shot good (for me anyways) Ive had better days, but worse days also.

anyone looking to try new arrows should definately consider these arrows.

thanks for reading,

Harry

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!!

another great feature of the Victory arrows is that they spine-test them, they are sorted, and then the stiff-side of the spine is 'marked' by the lable printed on the arrow. So you always know where the stiff side is and you can build them accordingly.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!!

i just got 10 off here and they work great. i like them alot. not bad for the $50 i payed.

just as accurate as my cx maxima hunters.
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak
    paradigm archery field staff

Quote Originally Posted by akbowhunter View Post
    another great feature of the Victory arrows is that they spine-test them, they are sorted, and then the stiff-side of the spine is 'marked' by the lable printed on the arrow. So you always know where the stiff side is and you can build them accordingly.
    Well, that might have been useful info when I was actually putting mine together.
    2006 LH Bowtech Old Glory 70#, 32 1/2" draw, back to the Hostage rest, SH 7-pin Hunter, 500gr TR Crush 300 @ 285fps.

Great review, I really like your target. Whats it made of?

Unfortunately, mine wanted to drop on me at 11,000 feet and still haven't figured out why.
    Oxygen starvation, pure and simple - they hadn't gotten used to being up from the flats!

We're only @ 9,200ft (though K's from Leadville, born & raised) here!

Quote Originally Posted by kgoold View Post
    Great review, I really like your target. Whats it made of?
    well, that is a home-made target. I framed it out of 2x4 material and one sheet of 1/2 inch plywood. One roll of chicken wire, nails, screws, and one gallon of paint. ($60 for everthing) It is a 4 foot by 4 foot shooting surface. The legs are 5 feet long so it is up off the ground. The target is 18 inches deep/thick. I used the plywood to make the bottom, sides, and a removable lid. (i ratchet-strap the lid on) chicken wire on front and back (stretched tight) then stuffed full of used shrink wrap. I then got a used 2 inch piece of foam from the local archery shop and put that on the face to hang my targets on. I have been shooting this target for 3 years with no pass throughs and the chicken wire has not damaged one arrow, but next time i am thinking of useing heavy duty nylon fishing net instead of chicken wire to hold in all the shrink wrap. 4 foot by 4 foot block target $600 here in Alaska, my home-made target $60, and it will last forever, i can always re-pack the shrink wrap. I will change out the foam face every few years, so far this one has been on there for 3 years.

here is a list of the lumber needed to build one of these:
    2 ea 2x4x10 (for 5 foot legs) can use 12 footers for 6 foot legs
    5 ea 2x4x8
    1 ea 4 foot by 8 foot 1/2 inch plywood
    1 roll of chicken wire (need 4 feet by 8 feet) but i think it comes in 10 foot rolls
    U shaped nails
    3 inch wood screws
    1 inch wood screws
    1 gallon paint

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!!

Quote Originally Posted by akbowhunter View Post
    the Victory arrows sure seem tough as well. I have heard the HV's are a little more fragile. But for the V-Force I think they are extreamely tough.
    Tough is a relative term. I hit my 3/4" plywood backstop with one of the HV's and it broke into three pieces. While shooting at my target on the patio, I have had arrows go through my target and hit the brick on the house. The V-force V1's will mushroom at the tip, but my Axis and TR Crush haven't. But for "normal" usage, they will work just fine.

I love my Victory's, they are awesome arrows!
    '13 Hoyt Carbon Matrix G3 29"/80# 518 gr. VAP250's @ 280 FPS

Prestige Worldwide Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by 5MilesBack View Post
    Tough is a relative term. I hit my 3/4" plywood backstop with one of the HV's and it broke into three pieces. While shooting at my target on the patio, I have had arrows go through my target and hit the brick on the house. The V-force V1's will mushroom at the tip, but my Axis and TR Crush haven't. But for "normal" usage, they will work just fine.
    well i havent had them long enough and havent hit any hard odjects yet, so I guess ill see in time how well they hold up. I know goldtip arrows are tough as nails and these seem like the same basic composition/carbon. from what i understand Victory made Goldtips arrows for quite some time.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!!

when you get the Nano Force you will not be shooting the V Force any more Nanos are sweet. With a outsert they will be a awsome hunting arrow. Looks like I will only have 2 shafts instead of 4. The X-Killers for indoors and 3D Nano Force for everything else.
    Vantage Elite spots and dots, alien Z 3D, Warthog Hunting, Savanna long bow fun.
    Victory Pro Staff shooter
    Posten so the spot doesnt move.
    Level 3 community coach

Quote Originally Posted by kjwhfsd View Post
    when you get the Nano Force you will not be shooting the V Force any more Nanos are sweet. With a outsert they will be a awsome hunting arrow. Looks like I will only have 2 shafts instead of 4. The X-Killers for indoors and 3D Nano Force for everything else.
    Excellent! I cant wait to test them!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!!

-}}}--------bump---------->

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast