a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big/Lifted/Jacked-Up/Mud Tires TRUCKS! show me your pics and help.

This is what we had and did......

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1008 View Post
    thanks.

I want my 02 4wd 5.3ltr V8 Chevy tahoe to look like this one.

I know hardly anything about lifting trucks, tires & wheel combos and would like some guidance and to see your hunting 4wd trucks.

What do I need to turn a stock tahoe into this:
    6" Pro comp Suspension Lift, 15x10 Dick Cepek DC-1 Wheels, 33x12.50 Super Swamper Truxs MTs.

Lift= $1000.00
    Price to install one= $500 to $800.00
    Tire & Wheel package = $1200.00
    4wheelparts.com

We just lifted an Ext. Cab 94' going to paint it and put a camo flame kit on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Will not ship to Canada!

Lift

Quote Originally Posted by SEOBowhntr View Post
    Brandon, along with a lift kit, you're gonna need new driveshafts to do it right, and you're gonna want to turn the axles eversoslightly to get the right angle. Don't turn the axles and you'll be one of those guys draggin a driveshaft because you bust U-Joints all the time. I had a '92 Ford with an 8" lift on it, oversized driveshafts, turned axles, 4-wheel posi-lock, and the whole 9 yds. I got 8mpg town and 10-11 on the road, but that was back when gas was (GET THIS) $.68/gal when I was living in GA!!!! I had a LOT of fun in that truck, but what it would cost today, I'm willing to bet would be closer to $4k or so. You'll need new shocks, and U-bolts, and maybe different springs, etc. I'd agree with the above poster, I'm not sure it's worth it to got to those lengths. A modest 4" or even maybe a 6" is plenty. Get an Off-Roader or 4x4 magazine, last time I looked at them, they had Lift Kit prices that were all inclusive.
    Todays IFS lifts will come with an angled block in the back that will give you the proper shim you need to not put the drive shaft in an extreme angle. If you keep it with 6" suspension lift and no more than 35s you won't have any problems. I've had a bunch of IFS chevys (Independent front suspension). And have never had driveshaft issues or u-joints, AS long as my tires havn't gone above 35"! Now gearing is an issue you have got to have 3:73s or lower. GAS MILEAGE WILL BE YOUR WORSE PROBLEM!

$2,000.00 it how much it will cost for the lift and install, and about that much on tires and wheels.

Hopefully you have a 350 motor, You will only get about 10 to 12 miles per gallon even with a cold air intake, chip, dual exhaust, etc....

I have done it all!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Will not ship to Canada!

Don't give up

dang... you talked me out of it...
    thanks for the info. any ideas on wheels and tires at the stock height?
    Dude, trust me.... I have had mild suspension component problems. I went back to 15x8 rims on the truck I just lifted. The 15x10 rims I've ran in the past really did a number on the wear and tear of the alignment. But if you get it aligned when it's lifted and keep up with your tire pressure you'll be fine.

It's all about the looks anyway!
    Will not ship to Canada!

def some sweet trucks here!
    Id turned into a (expletive) liberal, a half-assed, no-logic nitwit, all heart, no brain, and the judgment of a jack rabbit."
    -Marcus Luttrell

Quote Originally Posted by BOWHUNTER920
    6" Pro comp Suspension Lift, 15x10 Dick Cepek DC-1 Wheels, 33x12.50 Super Swamper Truxs MTs.

Lift= $1000.00
    Price to install one= $500 to $800.00
    Tire & Wheel package = $1200.00
    4wheelparts.com

We just lifted an Ext. Cab 94' going to paint it and put a camo flame kit on it.
    Nice post. Nice car of Lights, tire and total figure.
    Right now you’re in a pretty good mind set for selling your rig were you don't really care if it sells or not that way there no real haggling over the price, you can just say thats my price and thats were I’m staying and if you really wanted to you could fib and say your also entertaing other offers from other interested parties so that he feels the need to pay the asking price, as far as what Kelly was saying on purging the air condition i know a few of the newer rigs call for it as do some of the older ones.
    Thanks ....

Like mentioned above, you never get the money back out of a lifted truck. Just cause you add all the goodies to a truck doesn't mean it's worth a whole lot more. That being said, I've lifted every vehicle I've had since high school. I just always have liked big trucks. For your rig Rough Country makes a solid 6" suspension lift for $1300. Zone off road also has a nice kit for the same price. I always install them myself, but if you have a shop do it expect to pay at least another grand + for installation of an IFS kit. There is no need for special drive shafts or driveline modifications if you pick the right kit, and stay under 6". You could probably pick up some used wheels of Craigslist, and expect to spend $1200+ on new 35" tires. Also keep in mind that you'll need an alignment, and probably run into a few other things that will need replaced while it's apart. You could also just crank the torsion bars up and throw an add-a-leaf in the back and step up a size or two with tires. A body lift is another option. They will run you about $300-500 + installation, and although they don't look as good, it will give you more room to put some bigger meats on there.

I just put a 5" suspension lift on my '03 F150 last weekend. It's getting new tires put on this week, but I'll post some pics after their installed.

IMG_1719.jpgDSC_0008.jpg

Yellow one is ours, black buggy in the back of the shop is a buddys. The Venom and the 240 were boths customers cars. Garage is at my house.
    Dont have a picture of my TJ, pretty standard, ARBS, 456's, Super 44's, 35s and a 6 point cage.

-Justin

thanks.

I want my 02 4wd 5.3ltr V8 Chevy tahoe to look like this one.

I know hardly anything about lifting trucks, tires & wheel combos and would like some guidance and to see your hunting 4wd trucks.

What do I need to turn a stock tahoe into this:
    you can jack the tortion bars all the way up and put 2.5 inch blocks in the back. that will give you 3 inch lift. just have it realigned. and you can run a 305 75 16, which is a 33 inch tire.

Here's mine

IMG_2012032844166.jpg
    Worth every penny.

05 CC LB Chevy 2500 with a 6" Zone Offroad lift (dang good lift for the money!) along with 2" torsion keys and helper springs in the rear. Probably 7.5" or so above stock. 16" Dick Depek rims and 35" Kuhmo Road Venture AT's (for sale). 4" straight pipe dumped in front of the rear tire. Black box, steps, tails, 3rd brake light. Linex. Blackout chrome bug guard, grill, and bumper. Just added 5k HID`s from ddmtuning. Also has a Superchips flashpaq just for better mileage. Im currently getting almost 18 mpg with mixed driving.

I want to sell my wheels and tires and throw some 37's on black KMC Hoss wheels.

This year, im debating on color matching the bumpers and grill, or painting them black. What do you think?
    Kames Sports Pro Staff
    Hoyt Rampage XT 28" 66#, Viper X Strings and Cables, Trophy Ridge Micro Alpha V5, LD Pro-V, 10" Smooth Stability, Alpine Soft-Loc, 409gr. Axis N-Fused, Bling Sling, Rage 2 Blades or Slick Tricks.
    1953 Bear Polar 40# Kohanna Kurve 55# Bowtech RPM 360, trophy ridge'd out

Man, I didn't realize how old this thread was lol.

Anyways, here's mine with the new meats on it.

5" Rough Country suspension lift with 35" Nitto Terra Grapplers. Next thing is some step bars so the wife can climb in a little easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmoore12 View Post
    []DSC_0008.jpg

Yellow one is ours, black buggy in the back of the shop is a buddys. The Venom and the 240 were boths customers cars. Garage is at my house.
    Dont have a picture of my TJ, pretty standard, ARBS, 456's, Super 44's, 35s and a 6 point cage.

-Justin
    finally some real off road rigs

Bear hunting just opened

Not a huge Dodge fan, but I really dig the newest body style in a crew cab long bed! Truck looks sharp! Road Armor front and rear? Nice rig!
    Kames Sports Pro Staff
    Hoyt Rampage XT 28" 66#, Viper X Strings and Cables, Trophy Ridge Micro Alpha V5, LD Pro-V, 10" Smooth Stability, Alpine Soft-Loc, 409gr. Axis N-Fused, Bling Sling, Rage 2 Blades or Slick Tricks.
    1953 Bear Polar 40# Kohanna Kurve 55# Bowtech RPM 360, trophy ridge'd out

Quote Originally Posted by YZ125MM700 View Post
    finally some real off road rigs
    Both buggys are a blast. I have a 97 wrangler with more mods than I want to list, just dont have any pics.

heres mine

My '77 K5 Blazer with tube doors/roll bar complete

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Blackout 2011 & 2012 Hoyt Carbon Elements, "Crackerized"PSE AXE 6, KIFARU Longhunter Guide pack, Magnus Rack Pack, Magnus Bullheads, Tight Spot Quiver, Bow Stix, Double Bull Blinds, Lone Wolf Stands, ZEN RAY 8X43 ED2 Optics

Quote Originally Posted by Northwoods svc View Post

Bear hunting just opened
    Ohmigod.. I'm in love with your truck! Fender Flares look awesome and what rims are those? I need to buy new tires and rims, mine are stock right now and I definitely need to upgrade before winter. Plus my truck is the 2012 Ram 1500 Sport, and I think black rims would look really good!

brand new lift from rough county 6" was 999.99 then some black bullet holes 17x9 with a set of nitto terra MTs would look sweet. Lookin at about 3 grand

a 35 is a 315 i think

DELMARVA(east coasrt)MID ATLANTIC REGION )WORLD WIDE DISTRIBUTION OF ANY ARCHERY PRODUCT
    mile marker.jpgifs 4x4 are junk save the money and go with a 1 ton solid axle truck thats bullet proof !!!!!!! perf a dyna 60 with eaton or detroit lockers front and rear !!!!!!!!! and no bigger then a 35 if your on the street mostly unless you have cash to burn ! 03 f350 5.4 3 valve roush pro charger dyna 60 fromt and rear with detroit locker spolls , dmi chrome moly bulldog axles warn prem hubs, bbk headers true full 3 inch exaust milemarker 12k winch, line x ed completley undercoated to the first body line, TRUE 4 wheel drive (which means all 4 tires turn when you lock it out) unlike ifs which doesnt unless you pile in a ton of cash ! this truck has no lift running goodyear sat kevlar tires ,bds shocks and steering stabs , and will hang jeeps in trees with a snatch block ,and pull ANY TRUCK OUT OF ANY HOLE with ease !!!!!!!! total investment 28k form day one and gets 21 hughway mpg !!!!!!
    Last edited by Polkat9000; October 31st, 2012 at 01:18 AM.

nice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12