a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Got an Oneida Eagle Aero Force - AND IT'S THE WRONG DRAW LENGTH!

Got an Oneida Eagle Aero Force - AND IT'S THE WRONG DRAW LENGTH!

Well, looks like I kinda got jipped here on eBay. I bought an Oneida Eagle Aero Force that was advertised and listed to be a Medium draw length bow (which is imperative as I'm a spot on 28").

Well, UPS just dropped the bow off and I pulled it out. I go and pull it back and wouldn't you know that the string comes damn near back to my ear!!!! Apparently it's a damn 31" or more!!!!

So, my question is this: Can I change the draw length down any with just modules, or do I have to do cams, cables, and mods? I am gonna be super pissed if that's the case.

Any input? Thanks!

Did you contact the seller?

Draw

Go to their web site and see if they have a downloadable manual I think these are adjustable for different Draw lengths.
    CREED PSE DNA E35 HHA QAD rests CARTER Roost Raiders winners of the 2009 Turkey contest
    Life Endowment Member NRA 32nd Degree Mason
    Tom Takers Winners of the 2011 AT Turkey Contest, 2014 Undeertakers

Try This

CREED PSE DNA E35 HHA QAD rests CARTER Roost Raiders winners of the 2009 Turkey contest
    Life Endowment Member NRA 32nd Degree Mason
    Tom Takers Winners of the 2011 AT Turkey Contest, 2014 Undeertakers

Just got off the phone with Oneida. They were extremely helpful, but I will still have to make some changes to the bow to get it to work for me.

The correct way, he said, to change everything will be cams, power cables & yoke cables to the tune of about $200

Or, he said there is an option to install some draw stops, but it is going to make the let-off not what it should it be.

He said that the guy did not technically lie to me on the draw length as he said that the Med draw length could go up to 31", but that this bow was on the other end of the spectrum with the cams that are in it.

Oh, and I did try to download the manuals on their website and they all say that the file is damaged and could not be repaired!!!

That bow should have draw modules in it.If you look on the cams where the 2 grooves are there should be a set screw on the side of the cam that holds the module in place.If I remember right a medium length bow should be able to shoot at 28".

I may have some modules left from when I shot a aeroforce.I will check and let you know.
    My super out of tune "06 Allegiance 61 lb,26.5 dl Scott,StS,Limbdriver

Quote Originally Posted by buckfever1969 View Post
    That bow should have draw modules in it.If you look on the cams where the 2 grooves are there should be a set screw on the side of the cam that holds the module in place.If I remember right a medium length bow should be able to shoot at 28".

I may have some modules left from when I shot a aeroforce.I will check and let you know.
    That's what I thought too! It wouldn't make sense that a Med length bow would have to have cams, mods, and cables all changed out.

Thanks for checking to see if you have any mods, I would really appreciate it.

Oh, BTW, the seller also said that it currently had 80% let-off mods in it, and it def feels like it.

Oneida Modules are as follows for a Medium with 80% LO;
    28 to 29 = E
    29 to 30 = F
    30 to 31 = G

65% LO;
    28 to 29 =12
    29 to 30 =15
    30 to 31 = 18

For a Short Draw 80% LO Modules;
    25 to 26 = A
    26 to 27 = B
    27 to 28 = C

You need two of each module to change the DL on older models on the BE and Newer Model you need 4 modules.
    If you look at the side of the cam on a RH Bow as you are holding the bow in your left hand on the left side of the cam closer to the edge is a allen head set screw that is what hold the module in place... Sound like you needed a small draw range AF... Pull out the module and see if it is a E sounds like it is a F or maybe even a G. You just loosen the screw and use something small to pop of the module it should slide out but sometimes there is a burr where the set screw contacts th module and might be a little work to get it out.

LFM
    Loyal Oneida AF/ LFM Shooter since 1995, Easton XX75 2514, Magnus Stinger 125 two blades, Pollington Pro Grip Release,

Just pulled both the little plastic modules. There is absolutely no identifying mark on the modules except that they are a slightly off-yellow color and kinda almond shaped and that's about it. Damn.

Looks like you have 'G' modules in.

Here is a picture that comes with the modules it might help...

LFM
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Loyal Oneida AF/ LFM Shooter since 1995, Easton XX75 2514, Magnus Stinger 125 two blades, Pollington Pro Grip Release,

That pic was exactly what I needed. Looks like I have F modules in it right now.

Alright then, who's got E or #12 mods they wanna get rid of???

AUTHORIZED CPONEIDA EAGLE BOWS DEALER
    Gearhead

Converting your bow would be easy to do. We have an oneida forum at www.oneidabows.net. That includes helpfull members/charts/manuals for you to look at. We have all the parts in stock to help you get the draw length you need.

I have that same bow and the draw mod has the #17 on it, what size is that i think it is set at 30" right now, what would i have to do to drop it to 27"

Sounds like your bow is a medium draw. Medium goes from twenty eight to thirty one inch draw. The modules for twenty eight inch are the eleven fifty percent, twelve sixty five percent and E eighty percent lett off.
    To get to twenty seven inches would ire short kcams and orange power cables and green copper yoke cables.
    Which modules you would need would depend on lett off and desired length of valley.
    Last edited by Oneida Bows; December 9th, 2012 at 09:19 PM.

Price wise what are we talking about changing out the short cams cables and yolks?

do you have the number 11 mods where can i buy them thanks!

We are no longer a dealer for CPO and have quality custom aftermarket cables/strings/saddles for these bows but not the cams or modules at this time. I have a new cnc milling machine and am working on programming and setting up to make more aftermarket parts at this time.