Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Hot Weather Camo?!?

Best Hot Weather Camo?!?

I live in the SE'ern part of the country and it's pretty darn hot and humid come opening day, Aug 15th.
    Any suggestions on the best(coolest) hot weather camo?
    Thanks

Sitka gear is the best, Underarmour is next.

Look around you can get last years Sitka gear for a good deal.

I wear the Popper brand American made woodland camo BDU's from the local
    army surplus..There made out of the cotton rip stop material..
    http://www.bdu.com/F520155320.html
    There very comfy in hot weather , Lord knows it gets hot enough down here

For me, since I live in a state where it only gets hot during the day, and won't kill you to wear it....

Thin cotton. It is cool and dries in a reasonable time.

no clothes - just cover yourself in mud

... or, if you don't want to do that, stick with synthetics. They dry faster when you sweat.

Nathan

A vote for the ASAT leafy suit...made of mesh and has extreme ventilation, so its a great hot weather covering.
    2013 Bowtech CPXL Black Ops 60#, Sword sights, Limbdriver, Victory VX-22HV, carter ember
    2013 Bowtech CPX 70#, Sword sights, Limbdriver Pro V, Axis N fused 340, Magnus buzzcut 100s, carter ember.

You may think I am making this up, but I assure you I am not... The day of my hunt, I get a 5 gallon bucket and fill it with water and soak my bug tamer in the water while I am washing away my scent. When I get out the shower, I throw on some boxers and then the bug tamer. Yep, just a pair of boxers and bug tamer is all I use for the early season, but I only hunt private land. If a slight breeze is blowing, it is as cool as an office air conditioner.

Quote Originally Posted by SC MudDuck View Post
    You may think I am making this up, but I assure you I am not... The day of my hunt, I get a 5 gallon bucket and fill it with water and soak my bug tamer in the water while I am washing away my scent. When I get out the shower, I throw on some boxers and then the bug tamer. Yep, just a pair of boxers and bug tamer is all I use for the early season, but I only hunt private land. If a slight breeze is blowing, it is as cool as an office air conditioner.
    lol....now that is funny, but it sounds pretty darn comfy if it's hot out. Loading stuff back into my truck parked on the road could be a little weird in nothing but boxers and camo mesh.

do you have to wear camo boxers with that outfit?

Smile

I usually keep a few pair washed up in the scent away stuff, but none of which are camo... Why wear them at all, just be careful... Commando Style hunting is where its at... LOL Besides I walk to my hunts from the house, maybe 100 yards to 1/2 mile, and you really can't see through the Bug Tamer anyway due to all the die cut leaves on it....

I've been looking at a Natural Gear leafy suit, but Im not sure about the camo pattern.

in the early season i just wear my enduraskin top and bottoms w/my rubber boots. looks goofy as all get out, but i stay dry and "cool"
    Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Light weight pants and bug tamer jacket, no shirt under it. I'll have to try the soaking it trick. The bug tamer stuff feels like the ac is on with the slightest breeze.

cockadoodledooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by klemsontigers7 View Post
    cockadoodledooooooo
    id think a chicken suit would be pretty dadgum hot???
    Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Sitka is the best, fastest drying, most comfy gear you'll get. Most synthetics are one layer that simply dry quicker than cotton. Sitka's base layers (you'll want the "core top", and ascent pants if you want pants) are made with dual knit technology, meaning they have a next to skin layer that pulls the moisture from your skin and displaces it to the outside layer where it will dry much quicker than any single layer synthetic. Tested and proven. Also, they're made with 4 way stretch fabric for big time comfort, as well as silver particles sewn into the thread which kills odor causing bacteria.

if it's hot.....cotton shirt and shorts......might smear burnt cork on arms and legs

Redhead from BPS makes the mesh tee's and pants. Lets air flow through. Very good in hot weather. Mine are in Realtree APG to match the early season while still lots of green.

I have a shirt and bottoms made of the material Sitka buys from Polartec, called Power Dry.

It works exactly as it says.

Also, you can get if memory serves camo thin power dry from cableas for half the price that sitka wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter2678 View Post
    A vote for the ASAT leafy suit...made of mesh and has extreme ventilation, so its a great hot weather covering.
    Doesn't get any cooler than the ASAT 3D leafy suit, you can see thru it, and the camo works better than the rest also!
    TROPHY HUNTERS SUPPLY LLC
    Authorized Dealer of: Elite Archery.. PSE..ONEIDA EAGLE.. Xpedition..& OBSESSION Bows- Ten Point.. Scorpyd..& Barnett crossbows-AXT-Carbon Express-Rage-QAD-Tru Fire-Stokerized, KTech Stabilizers-HHA..CBE..& Trijicon Sights- we have many more products, please call! www.trophyhunterssupply.com text to 920-562-0099 sales@trophyhunterssupply.com CALL/TEXT OR EMAIL US FOR FAST REPLIES!! Store number 920-833-BOWS (2697)

Quote Originally Posted by USCfan View Post
    I live in the SE'ern part of the country and it's pretty darn hot and humid come opening day, Aug 15th.
    Any suggestions on the best(coolest) hot weather camo?
    Thanks
    forget all that, your in sc, get you a pair of thermacells and shorts. One of my best bucks i was wearing snake boats, aftco shorts, tshirt and a black visor and a face mask.

a good trick is get a bug tamer and wet it before you go to the stand, creates a air condition effect and you dont put off as much heat so the skeeters dont eat you alive. just dont wear clothes you like, the tamer will stain them.

atleast those are the cheap ways to do it

Quote Originally Posted by skipper34 View Post
    Redhead from BPS makes the mesh tee's and pants. Lets air flow through. Very good in hot weather. Mine are in Realtree APG to match the early season while still lots of green.
    Yep!
    Also, any light camo will do. You just have to put up with the heat. And I agree that synthetics are the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by klemsontigers7 View Post
    cockadoodledooooooo
    meow...ppphhhttt....ppphhhtttt

How did we ever hunt in the south w/o a thermacell?
    I actually cut the inner rope liner out of my bug tamer because I didn't need it w/ the Thermacell, so soaking it in water won't work for me...great idea though. Shorts and one of those skin tight synthetic tops may be the ticket this year.
    Thanks for all the input!!

Nice Camo for hot weather
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Twisted Archer Strings Staff Shooter

The Light weight Polyester pants and Henly shirt From Predator camo is very nice for hot weather. You can almost see through it and it drys out very quick. The material is very nice also .
    AUTHORIZED DEALER !!SITKA GEAR, CORE 4 ELEMENT... ASAT CAMO... PREDATOR CAMO...OBSESSION BOWS... PRIME BOWS... PSE BOWS...BOSS BUCK FEEDERS,,GRIZZLY COOLERS,,,LONE WOLF TREESTANDS. MILLENNIUM TREESTANDS AND MANY MORE. EASTON ARROWS. GOLD TIP ARROWS,, STOKERIZED STABILIZERS,, B-STINGER AND MOST ANYTHING HUNTING RELATED WWW.SOUTHERNSTYLEARCHERY.COM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast