Thread: Broken limb on a PSE Bowmadness xl

Broken limb on a PSE Bowmadness xl

has anyone had an issue with limbs. i was shooting today and on the shot i heard an unusual noise sounded like a knock breaking. on inspection of the arrow it was fine but as i pipcked up the bow to shoot another group i saw ths bottom cam was leaning. i found a spilnter on the right bottom limb that extended an inch from tip to the pocket. my bow has only been in a ez-press and i shoot a 380gr on 65# out of it. i am going to contact customer service tomorrow.

Hmmmmm....Pretty much just a statement here. Sounds like he has everything under control. No sence wasting all this space, let's bash PSE !!!

JK, that sucks man. But it sounds like you have it taken care of.
    Stable full of Hoyt Bows... Home of the White Alpha Triad !! (Alpha Elite, AlphaBurner, Alphamax 35)
    Spot On Bowstrings, Fuse Carbon Blades, Doinker Stabilizers (Doink On), Axcel Sights, AAE, Scott, Bow Rattler
    Viper Sights, NAP Rests, Easton & Beman Shafts, Limbsavers, Tru-Ball.

That sucks, I was talked out of buying a PSE From a PSE/Hoty dealer he said he has never had so many bows come back with broken limbs than with PSE. So, I bought a Mathews MONSTER.... It has begun..
    PSE SUPRA MAX
    Armor PRO HD

I own a Monster, some Brownings, some Mathews, a Hoyt, and I'd never claim none of them would have a limb problem ...

In fact I've blown up every bow I've owned except a 1958 Bear Kodiak Special and my new Monster ... the Monster is on a short leash though.

dodgehemi0

being the rep for that area I have yet to have any reports of any broken limbs from that area for a PSE the last 3 years. if its the same dealer who you may have gotten your bow from the truth may be he got his PSE dealership pulled and has a vendetta against PSE?! if you want PM me the shop name. I don't expect that will happen. we'll see! thanks JB

That sucks man and good luck with your repair, I just hope that my bow stays in tact (seems like im hearing more and more of these bow breaking stories now a days)

Quote Originally Posted by dodgehemi0 View Post
    That sucks, I was talked out of buying a PSE From a PSE/Hoty dealer he said he has never had so many bows come back with broken limbs than with PSE. So, I bought a Mathews MONSTER.... It has begun..
    wow sounds like a great dealer...lol
    I am sure PSE will take care of you,customer service is great..
    JOHN'S CUSTOM ARCHERY LLC(Custom strings and tuning)
    PSE,Athens,New Breed ,Obsession,Elite,Xpedition dealer
    2014 Bows Arriving Daily
    whalens hooker dealer,tight spot quivers.
    PSE PRO STAFF

NOT a bash at all

im not bashing anything just wanted to know if there had been any problems. i am new to the new line of pse bows and am very happy with my PSE's i also have a moneymaker. both have performed great till this minor problem. i have been around this business long enough to know things happen.

I have shot a lot of the X tech PSE bows and have not had any limb issues with them at all. Could the limb have got bumped into a sharp edge on a door or something. I have seen limbs on quite a few bows develop side splinters due to a ding in the limb edge. That being said there is no reason to believe it couldn't just be a limb failure. They happen to all bows to some extent. I think if they had an issue the X forces would have filled the AT boards with threads on it by now though.
    <+><

That sucks, dood. But PSE will take good care of you. I haven't heard of any limb issues yet, apart from the X-tech bows being picky about using the proper press when someone works on them. I think quite a few people are having issues with the GX cams, but this is the first limb issue I've heard of with a Bow Madness that wasn't a direct result of improper pressing. PSE customer service it top-shelf. You should have a replacement as quickly as they can get it out to you.
    Why is it that deer can dodge arrows that are meant to kill them, but they can't seem to dodge a car that is just minding its own business?

What a coincidence, I was shooting at our local range with my new dream season that has never been pressed since I bought it, and while at full draw I heard what sounded like a crack, I released the arrow without incident then started to inspect the bow, and sure enough when I made it to the bottom right limb there was a splinter on the inside of the limb right down the middle approx. 4 to 5 inches long, I was just telling a buddy that damn near all of my 80 bows have had limb problems except for my 07 X force 6, I have had problems with my Mathews black max II, bowtech allegiance, tribute, Elite E-500, and Envy, so far so good on the GT500, I hope I didn't just jinx it, but I haven't heard any other problems with X-Force limbs, I know they will take care of it. oh I forgot about the outback and that was a 70 lber, so it can happen to the best of them.
    PSE Omen

Quote Originally Posted by PSERepNE View Post
    being the rep for that area I have yet to have any reports of any broken limbs from that area for a PSE the last 3 years. if its the same dealer who you may have gotten your bow from the truth may be he got his PSE dealership pulled and has a vendetta against PSE?! if you want PM me the shop name. I don't expect that will happen. we'll see! thanks JB
    Doubt it also, lets see. Please keep us updated I hate liars.
    I am not saying the poster is a liar but I want to see what the shop tells PSERepNE

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    I have shot a lot of the X tech PSE bows and have not had any limb issues with them at all. Could the limb have got bumped into a sharp edge on a door or something. I have seen limbs on quite a few bows develop side splinters due to a ding in the limb edge. That being said there is no reason to believe it couldn't just be a limb failure. They happen to all bows to some extent. I think if they had an issue the X forces would have filled the AT boards with threads on it by now though.
    Just my tought. PSE is good bows. And very good service too.

OMG....lets start bashing the bow now like some people do to Mathews...

Just kidding that sucks man hope you get everything taken care of on it. I would hate being without my baby...

re

my issue has nothing to do with any dealer i don't know why this was even brought up. my bow came from a dealer in illinois anyway a gift from my mother-inlaw. so everyone that wants to make a smiple question into a bash debate need not post a reply here.

for everyone else i spoke to pse customer service today and they were very helpful and are going to repair it.

bkb1911

Sorry about your limb and I knew PSE would take care of you. I apologize if Dodgehemi0 feels if I was questioning him. I wasn't. I am more interested in any shop putting false info out there. As a rep we try to give the best service as possible. It is frustrating when a shop, a dealer of ours, bashes us to the consumer falsely! I also try very hard to maintain an open relationship with my dealers so that they can tell me honestly their thoughts and concerns. This is suppose to be a 2 way relationship and long term. It is in mine and the shops best interest for this relationship because we both need to support our families. Yeah I could lie and screw my dealers over, BUT that wouldn't last long! So I guess maybe I shouldn't treat dealers in a friendly way? I don't know. I am just a small farm town midwest boy trying to do my job and if one of my dealers is "backstabbing" me I would like to know so I can correct the situation. If it's not a real PSE dealer I would say consider the source. It isn't in there best interest to sell a bow they don't sell, BUT then they don't have the consumer's best interest. I am sorry to take over this thread I am glad the OP was taken care fo, because he is a fellow archer and if we don't help our brothers out we can kiss this sport goodbye! Thanks for listening. JB

Quote Originally Posted by bkb1911 View Post
    my issue has nothing to do with any dealer i don't know why this was even brought up. my bow came from a dealer in illinois anyway a gift from my mother-inlaw. so everyone that wants to make a smiple question into a bash debate need not post a reply here.

for everyone else i spoke to pse customer service today and they were very helpful and are going to repair it.
    You asked if anyone else had problems with there limbs and someone said a dealer lots of problems, did you not want to find out if this was a fact?
    It is pretty relevant to your question actually