Thread: Anderson South Carolina archery shop

Anderson South Carolina archery shop

Looking to get into archery. No experience, looking for a place to learn to shot and get my own equipment. Any places in Anderson South Carolina zip 29625 where I can get started?

Thanks,

Go to Dwight's Archery in Pendleton. It's about 8 miles from Anderson at the most. You can't really shoot there, but he will get you started and is a good guy with decent prices. As far as a place to shoot... you should look into joining Keowee Bowmen. It's located in Central, SC, about 20 miles from Anderson. We have an indoor range with about 20 lanes. There is always a 15 target 3D range set up outside, with distances up to about 45 yards. Also, there is a field range that is always outside. I'm not sure how many targets are on that, but max yardage is around 80 yards or so. Some other guys on here would know how many targets are on the field range but I think it is something like 30 or 40. www.keoweebowmen.com Dwights is easy to find, just take Hwy. 76 from Anderson, towards Clemson and Pendleton. Dwight's Archery and Dwight's Radiator will be on your right about 1/2 mile before Burger King in Pendleton. If you pass Tri-County Technical College coming from Anderson... then you have gone too far. Or just give him a call when you head up there.

Talking

You might check the Keowee Bowmen web site in Clemson, SC.
    They have a Great club, Great ranges, and Great people that can point you in the right direction and help you along the way!!! Good Luck!!
    Arrow Slinging Fool
    N.F.A.A. and G.B.A.A. Member since 1981
    The Shark X IS BACK, and a Money Maker LF
    www.ogeecheebowmen.com

Quote Originally Posted by klemsontigers7 View Post
    Go to Dwight's Archery in Pendleton. It's about 8 miles from Anderson at the most. You can't really shoot there, but he will get you started and is a good guy with decent prices. As far as a place to shoot... you should look into joining Keowee Bowmen. It's located in Central, SC, about 20 miles from Anderson. We have an indoor range with about 20 lanes. There is always a 15 target 3D range set up outside, with distances up to about 45 yards. Also, there is a field range that is always outside. I'm not sure how many targets are on that, but max yardage is around 80 yards or so. Some other guys on here would know how many targets are on the field range but I think it is something like 30 or 40. www.keoweebowmen.com Dwights is easy to find, just take Hwy. 76 from Anderson, towards Clemson and Pendleton. Dwight's Archery and Dwight's Radiator will be on your right about 1/2 mile before Burger King in Pendleton. If you pass Tri-County Technical College coming from Anderson... then you have gone too far. Or just give him a call when you head up there.

Ditto what he said.

He may also want to check out Long Creek Archery in Abbeville. It us to be run by a father and son named Bobby and Greg. They really know their stuff and will do you right.

Hunter's Headquarters

Just talked with Greg Hughes on Wednesday. He has moved his operations to Hunter's Headquarters in Greenwood, SC. I think it will be a great move for all involved.

TV