a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Best lighted nock?

Best lighted nock?

I know this question has been asked a hundred times. But what is the best lighted nock? And why?

The Easton Tracer nock has to be the best. It is the only nock that comes on every time without fail. I have seen the Lumenok fail time after time but the tracer works. Plus it blinks after 10 seconds and the battery life is wonderful.

g5

We have tested the G5 G-Force nocks in the shop a lot. Work great. May be a bit heavy, but work great. The Easton Tracer is a close second. The only reason I put the G5 in first is you have to use that magnet with the tracer.
    Enjoy the Hunt
    It Is Not a Competition

What about fire nock?

Or the Carbon Express Lazer Eye???

ttt

Quote Originally Posted by 1trackmind View Post
    I know this question has been asked a hundred times. But what is the best lighted nock? And why?
    The ones you can make yourself and get 3 or 4 for the price of 1 of the big guys. There super easy to make and as I said super cheap and it always feels good to kill an animal with something you made...even if it is the nock...lol
    Elite Answer
    Dead Center Archery Bowhunting Staff Triple Toe Game Calls Pro Staff

What about fire nock?
    Firenock is the best hands down, they made G5's axis size lighted nock last season. I have well over 1000 shots on mine and they are still going strong, they are rated for 30,000 shots. Not only is Firenock the best, they also offer 54 colors of lighted nocks, not just 1 or 2 like everyone else.
    They are little more costly up front, however if you shoot them for 2 or more season, you are actually saving money & shooting the best lighted nock on the market
    They also have the absolute best customer serivce.

Also if you are looking for a nock that is a little bit cheaper, Firenock also makes a economical lighted nock that are like $13 each, they are as good as firenock, they just aren't rated for as many shots.

Quote Originally Posted by pjwatson05 View Post
    Firenock is the best hands down, they made G5's axis size lighted nock last season. I have well over 1000 shots on mine and they are still going strong, they are rated for 30,000 shots. Not only is Firenock the best, they also offer 54 colors of lighted nocks, not just 1 or 2 like everyone else.
    They are little more costly up front, however if you shoot them for 2 or more season, you are actually saving money & shooting the best lighted nock on the market
    They also have the absolute best customer serivce.
    I have a hard enought time trying to pick from two colors....LOL

The best,,, Probably firenock as far as quality. My problem is I like to shoot em at targets and other thing and often break, or loose them. So I go for the cheap ones.. I just picked up a Carbon Express Lazer eye at Wal-Mart for 8.97. A little more $$$ than a home made type. (Been there done it)
    They had Red and Green in stock, I chose the red. Got a shot on the way to the target.

Thanks
    What kind of vanes is that?

thanks
    what kind of vanes is that?
    fusions
    Elite Answer
    Dead Center Archery Bowhunting Staff Triple Toe Game Calls Pro Staff

lifetime replacement policy

Quote Originally Posted by t-maxx View Post
    The best,,, Probably firenock as far as quality. My problem is I like to shoot em at targets and other thing and often break, or loose them.
    Firenock offer Target and hunting model for lighted nock. Hunting version stays on till you shut it off or battery ran out. Target version turns itself off 17 seconds after shot! And a lifetime replacement policy. So as long as your do not lose it, your Firenock should last longer than you wanted to shot it.
    Not to mention being the only lighted nock with a field changeable nock and field changeable battery

Link and warranty/lifetime replacement policy below
    http://www.firenock.com/warranty.htm Firenock, LLC provides a limited warranty on lighted nock products sold in the U.S.A.

Firenock™ brand lighted nocks are warranted against breakage due to defects in materials and workmanship from the date of purchase for 30 days. Lightning Nock™ brand lighted nock and all accessories carry a warranty against DOA (Dead On Arrival).

Abuse or alteration of the product voids the warranty. In the event of a failure due to defects in materials or workmanship, the liability of Firenock, LLC shall be limited to the lesser of the cost of repairing or replacing the broken part within the stated warranty period. Failure to follow all installation procedures of any Firenock, LLC product will void this warranty.

Use any Firenock lighted nock in any bow fishing application wihout Firenock, LLC approved arrow or adaptor will void all warranty; lifetime replacement do apply on all Firenock brand lighted nock.

Warranty Claim Procedure:
    Please send in your defective product to Firenock, LLC, 511 Robert Street, Henry, Illinois. If the product is found to exceed normal wear and tear or has been modified after purchase, the product will not be repaired or replaced and a minimum charge of $5.00 will be required for handling charges and return postage. If the product is found to be defective within the warranty period, it will be replaced or repaired free of charge without handling charges and return postage. In any instance, Firenock, LLC cannot make a monetary refund for any product.

LIFETIME REPLACEMENT / UPGRADE / SIDEGRADE
    For a small fee, Firenock, LLC does offer a refresh/upgrade service for some products that are out of warranty. This service is only available in the USA.

After the 30 day warranty period has ended, Firenock™ brand lighted nocks are eligible for refresh and Lightning Nock™ brand lighted nocks are eligible for upgrade. Your old Firenock / Lightning Nock circuit(s) and polycarbonate nocks can be refreshed / upgraded and you will receive working Firenock circuit(s) and new polycarbonate nock(s) for a small service fee.

As of February 2009 we have expanded the service to include sidegrade. Firenock owners can now pick and choose any style, any model and any color of the Firenock he/she wanted for refresh. Which means if you decided to change arrows which have a different internal diameter (need a new style nock, from "S", to "A", "E", "C/H", or "F" and vice versa), or if you decided that you prefer a different model of circuit (hunting to target and vice versa), or a different color of LED (blue, clear, green, orange, red and yellow), or a different color of nock (blue, clear, green, orange, red, oak, pink, smoke and yellow in case of the "S" style); please include those specifics when you send your Firenock back for refresh/sidegrade/lifetime replacement warranty. If you do not specify the nock color, nock style, circuit LED color, and circuit model; the same nock, style, model, and color will be send back to your under this service. This service is only valid when funds are sent along with the lighted nock(s) and circuit(s). This service is subject to change without notice and can be terminated at anytime.

Refresh Services Procedures:
    Please send your old Firenock/Lightning nock circuit(s) and polycarbonate nocks with funds to Firenock, LLC, 511 Robert Street, Henry, IL 61537-1146 (see below for service fee). Please do not send any “O”-rings or batteries. We cannot be responsible for anything that is not part of the refresh service. Batteries and O-rings are not part of the refresh service as they are considered consumable, if you need them please make sure you add them to your refresh service order. Shipping and handling is included in the service fee for this refresh service.

The service fee for refresh service is as follows (Shipping and handling charge is included):
    $10.00 for 1 Firenock
    $12.00 for 1 Lightning Nock
    $25.00 for 3 Firenocks
    $33.00 for 3 Lightning Nocks

Additional accessories can be purchased at the following price along with the refresh service without incurring shipping and handling fee:
    $9.95 for 3 batteries
    $2.00 for 1 set of 3 O-rings for "S","E" or "A" style nocks
    $5.00 for 1 set of 3 O-rings for "C\H" or "F" style nocks

As for vanes, give Firenock's Aerovane II and the just updated Aerovane 1r1 a look. More info about it at http://www.firenock.com/Aerovane.htm
    http://www.firenock.com/Aerovane2.htm
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com • Office: (815) 780-1695 • Fax: (309) 356-5007
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company • URL: http://www.firenock.com • Web Store: http://shop.firenock.com
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™ with FACT(Firenock Arrow Concentric Technology), AeroInsert™, AeroOutsert™, AeroBolt™, AeroBushing™, Aero Concept Target System, and Hydro® systems.

..I am using Easton Tracer nocks this year.....battery life really is not a BIG concern of mine....

90 hours is a long time...

I look at it this way.......if you are gonna lose an arrow.......it won't matter if the battery lasts 1 hour, 90 hours...or 1000 hours..

that arrow is lost. Period. End of story.

I did consider Firenocks...but the price was just too much for me to justify...
    #60 Hoyt Vector Turbo MAX-1, #60 Hoyt Alphaburner Blackout
    #45 Hoyt Ruckus, TradTech Pinnacle #43 Kaya Carbon Limbs
    Whalen's Hooker Releases & Bowfinger PRO Staffer
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ArchersP...0?feature=mhee
    http://www.youtube.com/user/realtubular?feature=mhum

if you buy the carbon express lazer eye nocks ,

you are just buying the homemade style and spending more money than if you were to make it yourself.

not worth it IMO .

if i ever BUY lighted nocks again , it WILL be firenocks!
    PSE REVENGE

firenocks

ALL HAIL THE DAVE OF WYVERN

I used the tracers last year. I probably have less than 5 hrs lighted time on each nock, and now 1 of the 2 is noticably dimmer. I assume the battery is dying. Anyone else have issue w/ the batteries failing prematurely. Would it be worth contacting their customer service.
    BTW..I did deactivate the nocks after each use and during the off-season.

Battery and circuit

Quote Originally Posted by USCfan View Post
    I used the tracers last year. I probably have less than 5 hrs lighted time on each nock, and now 1 of the 2 is noticeably dimmer. I assume the battery is dying. Anyone else have issue w/ the batteries failing prematurely. Would it be worth contacting their customer service.
    BTW..I did deactivate the nocks after each use and during the off-season.
    The major difference of most design in electronics is it on/off or it is slow drain when it is not in operation. A switch design is a device that do not take electricity; a sleep device means it is slow draining. If power is abundance, OR the battery can be changed, then there is no issue for sleep design. In case of a lighted nock which its power source is so limited by space and weight becomes critical, switch design with or without a changeable battery is the only way to go AFAIK.

Some info about lithium pin battery I have learned. With today's technology can we obtain a battery that is that size and have very long shelf life? Answer is YES (20+ years) and it cost about $8.99 each, but it cannot handle wide temperature range (-4F to 80F). Then we have the medium price battery which Korean and some Taiwan companies make. They are about 2.5 to 3.5 year shelf life, cost about $4.99 each BUT it is about the same power as the long life ones. Last the low cost, sort of high drain battery most uses, 12 month, but 100% more in cranking amp.

Then there is the custom blend and manufactured one like Firenock uses. (LOW temperature -17F, and super high cranking amp (300+ percent more than most; 164mA compare to the typical 66mA) but short shelf life (13 months) and low cost ($9.95 for 3). All the above are base on the standard 425 (25 mm long and 25mAh) and 435 (35 mm long, 50mAh) standard.

From what I can see those tacer battery are from China, and they should have 12 month shelf life. If you even expose your battery to above 130F the battery life will significant shortened. At 80C it is dead in 5 seconds. Last time I checked, when one sleeps one still use energy!

So when one can change the battery on a lighted nock, the battery life becomes a non-issue and one can put all the best components on the circuit/design as the device is no longer limited to the battery life of the battery.

Give you some idea what is in a Firenock circuit alone
    HUNTING

TARGET

1) 10,000,000 cycle, hermitically sealed, laser welded, 24K gold plated, New Jersey (USA) made, 65 G acceleration switch.
    2) Motorola (ON technology) fuzzy logic core (to handle wide range of temperature
    3) Digital time delay(4, 6 and 8 seconds design base on model (voltage drain rate of each color LED)
    4) Motion sensor (to ensure no accidental shut off after activation)
    5) Static drain (to ensure static shock protection during the cold weather indoor battery installation)
    6) 24K gold plated MIL spec pin connector which provide 4 X 4oz of even pressure on battery pin (negative connector)
    7) 24K gold plated Ti alloy wire connector (positive connector)
    8) 15 degree focus beam LED. As lighted are limited to its power source, one need to FOCUS on what one had to get the maximum output and performance. Omni-direction light source disburse light to area that has no value, side of the nock instead of the tail of the nock
    9) Precision water cut, multi layer, SMT circuit board
    10) Ground fault circuit (even if the system fails, as long as the battery is intact, the light will still be lit. i.e. even when the logic system can no longer function due to breakage, the system will still lit for you one last time.
    11) UV cure epoxy, the circuit can handle up to 4 hours of blood soak with no ill effect. All one need is a new battery.
    12) 2 type of circuits (hunting and Target, Hunting as describe above and Target version we minus the motion sensor, time delay and the 2nd logic core but added a more elaborate digital counter for the auto 17 seconds shut off after activation)
    13) 6 colors of LED each type of circuits (so all the colors blind and video centric people can get exactly the lighting effect they wanted), Blue, Clear, Green, Red, Orange, Yellow.
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com • Office: (815) 780-1695 • Fax: (309) 356-5007
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company • URL: http://www.firenock.com • Web Store: http://shop.firenock.com
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™ with FACT(Firenock Arrow Concentric Technology), AeroInsert™, AeroOutsert™, AeroBolt™, AeroBushing™, Aero Concept Target System, and Hydro® systems.

Lumanock

I have only tried Lumas with good luck so far, thing I might try some Firenocks this hunting season.

Lighted Nock

It is my opinion that you are not going to find a Lighted Arrow Nock that is going to work all of the time. Every one of them is going to have a flaw. I have had experience with both Lumenok and Firenock. Too me, taking care of the customer "Quality Service" is the most important thing to me. And Lumenok wins hands down. I had a problem with some firenocks a few months back, and needless to say I will not be doing business with them again. Also have a friend who shoots the Tracer's and is very happy.

Home-made are cheapest and best
    Hoyt Katera. HHA Sites. Schaffer Rests. Easton Arrows.
    Dream Driven Pro-Staff
    TEAM #1, LET ONE FLYy
    It's an indestructible combination of Thor's hammer and Superman's balls.

Bargain Bin the Recipe......

Quote Originally Posted by Afree View Post
    Home-made are cheapest and best
    So what is the recipe for home made? Id love to try this....
    thanks,.,

I like Nock-turnals. They are simple, cheap, and all of the ones that I ever had worked.
    2011 Bowtech Invasion
    2010 Bowtech Destroyer 340
    IF IT BLEEDS.....WE CAN KILL IT