a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swacker Broadheads

Swacker Broadheads

Has anyone tried these broadheads, and how do they fly.

I havent and dont plan on using them. If you look at them they have to flares off the blade almost to the back of the blades and there what open the blds. unless im mistaken. which means the head will be over 2/3 of the way penetrated before they can open, there is nothing else to open the blades but those, which means the blades wont be open until they are inside the body....so tiny enterance and prolly horrible penetration.
    Elite Answer
    Dead Center Archery Bowhunting Staff Triple Toe Game Calls Pro Staff

Quote Originally Posted by pakilla86 View Post
    i havent and dont plan on using them. If you look at them they have to flares off the blade almost to the back of the blades and there what open the blds. Unless im mistaken. Which means the head will be over 2/3 of the way penetrated before they can open, there is nothing else to open the blades but those, which means the blades wont be open until they are inside the body....so tiny enterance and prolly horrible penetration.
    10-4

I use the Sonorans, which are the same thing. (They just repackaged them.) They fly great, and the wild boar I killed a few months ago went only ten yards after bleeding all over the place. I plan on using them on Coues deer next month.

I think it's a great design.

They aren't going to give you the entrance hole of a Rage, but there is no doubt they will cut a wide swath going through the vitals of a big game animal. And if you are shooting a high enough KE bow to get them to exit, you will certainly get a good blood trail.

they are the same design as the aftershock expandable b heads the open up in the animal no real entrance hole and if dont get a pass thru their wont be a blood trail.
    Team fitzgerald pro staff member,pse brute x,thunderhead broad heads,cabelas/beman arrows

Even if it doesn't open (which is highly unlikely) it'll still make a 1" wide entrance cut, which ain't too shabby.

I'd post a photo of that hog with a nasty entrance hole and blood all over the place, but I don't want it ending up on a PETA website or at the next congressional hearing on hunting. However, if anyone wants to see it, PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by BTM View Post
    Even if it doesn't open (which is highly unlikely) it'll still make a 1" wide entrance cut, which ain't too shabby.

I'd post a photo of that hog with a nasty entrance hole and blood all over the place, but I don't want it ending up on a PETA website or at the next congressional hearing on hunting. However, if anyone wants to see it, PM me.
    Post it! Who cares!!

Post it up;don't worry about what the tree huggers and lib politicians think.Remember...they hate you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rut View Post
    Post it up;don't worry about what the tree huggers and lib politicians think.Remember...they hate you anyway.
    Hell yea post it up...I just dont see any conceivable way that it can open before it penetrates unless it opens in flight...which would be even worse.
    Elite Answer
    Dead Center Archery Bowhunting Staff Triple Toe Game Calls Pro Staff

re

please dony hold back on posting those pics due to ****** peta members.
    Mathews Switchback XT and Darton Vapor 70# @ 28"Wisker Biscuit Rest, Sims stab.
    Viper Sights, Gold Tip arrows, NAP Spitfires/ Slick Tricks.

Swacker works great!!!

I have shot 3 deer and 2 hogs with the swacker broadheads 100gr. Great entry/exit holes and even better blood trails than I have ever had with anything else. I will not shoot anything else. They also fly great too. Sight in with field points and did not have to re-sight for the broadheads. Have pics too...
    Attached Images Attached Images

swhacker

I shoot the 100gr heads and love the way they fly I use them on sika deer and they do the job

swacker/sonoran

We have used them for years, on deer and hogs. They fly great, they work great, and have never had a failure. Because of the design, they have less chance of deflection, because they do have some penetration before opening. And, they are legal, with a 1 inch cut if they don't open. I know hundreds of people shooting a 1 inch broadhead, and yet no one advises them that they won't have an entrance hole, or exit hole, or no blood trail Try them yourself and judge it then, not by the opinions of some who have never used them. Go to the AT #2 antelope thread and ask some of them what they thought about that doe I used one on.
    Steve (Bartman)
    Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you...Jesus Christ, and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. So make sure you pray for our soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss79 View Post
    I have shot 3 deer and 2 hogs with the swacker broadheads 100gr. Great entry/exit holes and even better blood trails than I have ever had with anything else. I will not shoot anything else. They also fly great too. Sight in with field points and did not have to re-sight for the broadheads. Have pics too...
    DAMN! Ray Charles could have tracked that deer!
    Bearfoot Archery
    Center Circle Strings
    "Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water." -W.C. Fields

Back when Swhacker was still sonoran, I used em a ton on everything from antelope to elk and loved them. The cut the heck out of an animal, and I've never had to worry about deflection because of the design. These broadheads work great, try em for yourself. Just bought another dozen so I don't have to worry about finding them again in the next few years.
    Mathews Monster
    28/70
    Easton axis n-fused 400
    g5 Montec

I ain't askeered of no monster!

i use the swacker

i switch to the swacker and i am very impressed both with the accuary and the impact it has on deer. SWACKER SWACKER SWACKER i love to swack it.

I think I'll schwack it.
    2011 K&K Vengence 26.5"/60 with broken cam😡

i hear they open so fast you can hear the shwack
    Mathew's Drenalin
    Great Plains Red River Recurve

I'd like to send a Swacker up Hank Parkers rear end!!

I'm all about the deployment system of a broadhead and the greatest efficiency of deployment of the blades. You can see that the blade fold forward on this broadhead and the 'trigger' is the base of the blade. That being said, like #2 poster commented, the broadhead will be inside of the animal when the blades are triggered to deploy and, furthermore, the blades will be pushing against the resistence of flesh during their deployment. Obviously the blade deployment will win the battle over flesh, but not without the cost of kenetic energy and velocity.

how fast do they have to open to hear the swack?

Entrance holes are nearly irrelavant as compared to internal damage. You cut a deer through the heart with a great shot and you dont need a blood trail. That said, they actually open on contact as others. The force just propels them backwards and thus slicing as it deploys. Will it be like a Rage? Nope, but i have found they fly much better and generally ive had better results with them than Rage

I shoot a 60 lb destroyer and get pass throughs at 30 yards and the arrow is burried in the dirt 6 inches, im shooting the 100 grain head, 1 3/4 inch cut.
    Very happy with them!!!
    For all you non believers try them on a doe, and you will be hooked!!!!
    Destroyer 350, Reconyx Cameras, food plots =death

Quote Originally Posted by ARnut31 View Post
    I shoot a 60 lb destroyer and get pass throughs at 30 yards and the arrow is burried in the dirt 6 inches, im shooting the 100 grain head, 1 3/4 inch cut.
    Very happy with them!!!
    For all you non believers try them on a doe, and you will be hooked!!!!
    Why not try them on a buck???? Doe only broadhead?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast