a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel an urge said Eve...

Wink I feel an urge said Eve...

To my fellow field buddies and partners in mayhem:

I’m starting to think about what bow I should get once I’m through with my initial learning phase that is “built for me” and not someone’s hand-me-down (don’t get me wrong, I GREATLY appreciate the opportunity to shoot the bow I now have), but I’m startin to feel the urge to make my own mark. I know, newbies....

So far, I have my list of bows to try narrowed down to the following:

A Hoyt Pro Elite with XT 2000 limbs & one of their myriad of cams, a Mathews Apex 7, and a Mathews Drenalin LD. I have not shot any of these bows yet, but will be looking for a comfortable shot and stability over speed in a mid-draw spot bow that most likely won’t see much above 45 pounds DW. To muddle the waters even further, I’m only 5’5” with a 26.5” DL.

So, those of you who have been doin this for a while, are there others that I should add to my list to try out during the coming off season????

Thanks a bunch!!!

The LD isn't what you want or need IMO....I would forget all about that one.

The A7 is a great bow.....but I really think it may be a touch heavy for you. The Prestige would be a good bow for you though IMO.

You know how I feel about the PE The Ultra Elite is a good choice also....
    HDI Staff Director....It's indoor season....is your bow treated with Phase Inhibitor?

Scott Archery CBE Feather Vision

Try the Prestige

I bought mine back in Oct. Been pleased with it. My shooting is another story You can see what I'm using on it in my signature. I'm departing from pins and going with a site and scope in a couple of weeks. My scope is on order.
    The bow has a nice grip and feel. It's quiet. Good speed. I'd recommend you trying it.
    I also shot Lucky's Hoyt at Jarlicker's Extravaganza back in May and was impressed with it.
    Biggest problem is finding bows at low enough poundage and draw length to try out.
    Good luck to you and keep us posted

Just be forewarned my Scepter starts getting frisky around those sexy little Prestige Target bows
    Durham County Wildlife Club Archery Chairman - Where NFAA Field Archery Lives www.dcwc.net

Martin M4L Team, Scepter 4 Furious X, Razor X Nitrous and Slayer X SE, Stan, Sure loc, Brite site, Winners Choice, Carbon Express

Quote Originally Posted by jarlicker View Post
    Just be forewarned my Scepter starts getting frisky around those sexy little Prestige Target bows
    Heck that Martin gets frisky around BAMBOO
    Ed Bowen
    BOHNING NOCK AND VANES
    Hoyt Alpha Elite, Zenith release, Bernies control Freak stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Rattleman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jarlicker View Post
    No worries, I think we can handle a little friskiness.

Yikes, gonna make me blush again..

Quote Originally Posted by LoneEagle0607 View Post
    I bought mine back in Oct. Been pleased with it. My shooting is another story You can see what I'm using on it in my signature. I'm departing from pins and going with a site and scope in a couple of weeks. My scope is on order.
    The bow has a nice grip and feel. It's quiet. Good speed. I'd recommend you trying it.
    I also shot Lucky's Hoyt at Jarlicker's Extravaganza back in May and was impressed with it.
    Biggest problem is finding bows at low enough poundage and draw length to try out.
    Good luck to you and keep us posted
    I've put the Prestige on my list. I'm hoping some vendors will be at nats with a few low DW/DL bows I might be able to try out, otherwise I just may take a little trip down to LAS during one of the breaks.

What's the vibration like with the Prestige? The Q2 I'm currently shooting feels a little like a tuning fork in my hands at the shot. I'd like something that gives a little less feedback, if you know what I mean. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by montigre View Post
    I've put the Prestige on my list. I'm hoping some vendors will be at nats with a few low DW/DL bows I might be able to try out, otherwise I just may take a little trip down to LAS during one of the breaks.

What's the vibration like with the Prestige? The Q2 I'm currently shooting feels a little like a tuning fork in my hands at the shot. I'd like something that gives a little less feedback, if you know what I mean. Thanks.
    Your better off trying to find a shooter with one close to your draw and shooting it to get a real feel for a bow then just grabbing one off the rack

Stop choking the grip on the Q2 and it won't feel like that. You have more rubber on that bow then any field shooter I have ever seen....and the Q2 doesn't have a bunch of vibration to begin with....I used to have one
    HDI Staff Director....It's indoor season....is your bow treated with Phase Inhibitor?

Just find BowGod and try out his Protec. I think his specs are right on for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet
    Stop choking the grip on the Q2 and it won't feel like that.
    Ya Stop that! It's not a chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Moparmatty View Post
    Just find BowGod and try out his Protec. I think his specs are right on for you.
    Actually if she can draw the extra few lbs..and deal with spirals his draw is only about a 1/2" long for her at most so she would be able to very good feel for the bow.

Where is Spec when you need him

Jbird may still have a couple Prestiges to try also

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    Actually if she can draw the extra few lbs..and deal with spirals his draw is only about a 1/2" long for her at most so she would be able to very good feel for the bow.

Where is Spec when you need him

Jbird may still have a couple Prestiges to try also

I can draw close to 50# pretty comfortably, just can't do it 112 times in a row.... I used to train and show young horses in my former life. Talk about bein heavy in the hands....

So, BOGOD and Jbird, can I play with your bows at nats for a little while??

I can draw close to 50# pretty comfortably, just can't do it 112 times in a row.... I used to train and show young horses in my former life. Talk about bein heavy in the hands....

So, BOGOD and Jbird, can I play with your bows at nats for a little while??
    Is Shoot Like a Girl gonna be there by any chance?

Your better off trying to find a shooter with one close to your draw and shooting it to get a real feel for a bow then just grabbing one off the rack

Stop choking the grip on the Q2 and it won't feel like that. You have more rubber on that bow then any field shooter I have ever seen....and the Q2 doesn't have a bunch of vibration to begin with....I used to have one

Even if they're able to set it up with my DL and DW? Guess I gotta little more to learn about this part of the game.

Now I thought I had stopped choking up on the grip. I guess when my concentration falters old habits creep back in ....Sheesh, as soon as I think I got the knack of one thing, something else pops into the picture to bring me down a notch....

Quote Originally Posted by IGluIt4U View Post
    Is Shoot Like a Girl gonna be there by any chance?
    I don't think so. They've pretty much stuck to the 3D events this outdoor season. I wish they were though--great concept!!

I don't think so. They've pretty much stuck to the 3D events this outdoor season. I wish they were though--great concept!!
    I sent them an email today asking about them coming to Field Events I will let you know what I hear back.

Quote Originally Posted by Krys1313 View Post
    I sent them an email today asking about them coming to Field Events I will let you know what I hear back.
    WooHoo, you rock, girlfriend. We gotta keep these power surges going to promote women in this sport.

Hence the reason for my comment.

Have you looked into the PSE Chaos SI?

It's a great bow.

A few people I know shoot them and they are very cool.

You are getting a heck of a lot of technology for a VERY reasonable price tag.

I am certainly biased when it comes to Bow manufacturers, but in all fairness and honesty- the Chaos SI is a tough bow to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongdayJ View Post
    Have you looked into the PSE Chaos SI?
    No I didn't because of it's very short ATA. Even though I'm short, I have really long arms and I gotta be able to hold on that spot for a few toe-curling, extended seconds. I have found, for me, a longer ATA makes that a lot easier.

I shot a short ATA Diamond when I first got started and though the bow was a good shooter, we just were not a good mix.

No I didn't because of it's very short ATA. Even though I'm short, I have really long arms and I gotta be able to hold on that spot for a few toe-curling, extended seconds. I have found, for me, a longer ATA makes that a lot easier.

I shot a short ATA Diamond when I first got started and though the bow was a good shooter, we just were not a good mix.
    Yeah when she walks her knuckles drag. Sorry just could resist
    Ed Bowen
    BOHNING NOCK AND VANES
    Hoyt Alpha Elite, Zenith release, Bernies control Freak stabilizers

The LD isn't what you want or need IMO....I would forget all about that one.

The A7 is a great bow.....but I really think it may be a touch heavy for you. The Prestige would be a good bow for you though IMO.

You know how I feel about the PE The Ultra Elite is a good choice also....
    I'd agree with all that AND throw in the Seven37 for good measure.
    The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard

Yeah when she walks her knuckles drag. Sorry just could resist
    Oh, You're not going to get away with that one. Watch out on Sunday buster.... You're just lucky I didn't read this before I went out to the range.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast