Thread: Pvc Range bow rack

Pvc Range bow rack

we're building a range on some property behind our church and I built this bow rack over the last couple of days. Assuming it will bear the weight it can accomodate 17 bows. 12 on hooks and 5 more on top. I dipped he hooks in a rubber coating to protect the bows. It wil probably need to be staked down to make sure it doesn't get out of balance and tip over. Nothing special but it should suffice. It will fold nearly flat for storage as we won't be able to leave it out all the time

I would fill each long peice with great stuff foam for extra strength

Good idea

how about sliding a steel pipe inside the pvc for extra strength

I made the same frame. But I moved my pivot up so that my base is wider then the top for stability. I also made 1 square smaller to fit inside the other when folded. But mine is table height to lay bows on. Or you can use it as a gun rack or fishing pole rack. Has 2 cup holders on the top corners and a 45 half way down on outer square frame for arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by madarchery View Post
    I made the same frame. But I moved my pivot up so that my base is wider then the top for stability. I also made 1 square smaller to fit inside the other when folded. But mine is table height to lay bows on. Or you can use it as a gun rack or fishing pole rack. Has 2 cup holders on the top corners and a 45 half way down on outer square frame for arrows.
    Good idea about the pivot point, I think I have some height to play with. I did the same thing to make if fold up for storage. The only thing is the hooks won't let it fold completely flat now

I like it. I think I will be going to the pvc store again... dang it, I don't have room for all of the DIy stuff I've been building lately. Thanks guys!
    Hmmm... 335fps with a 32" a-a bow with a 7"bh? Tha's a smokin'! I won't complain for getting 342 out of it either! Bowtech Experience!
    TOP OF UTAH ARCHERY - Dealer for Bowtech, Diamond, PSEPro and Mainline, MATHEWS & MISSION (new) Martin, Rytera, Alpine, Bear, Parker, Browning, and a few more... Looking for something special? Let's deal!