Thread: Reezen cam lean

Reezen cam lean

Seems some people are experiencing cam lean on the Reezen. Has it been bad limbs, bad cams, or the holes drilled in limb not straight?

That's news to me. I've got well over 1,000 arrows through mine and no problems. Best bow I've ever owned.

set up and sold almost 100 so far....no problems yet!

Thanks for the reply. I've seen posts here and on Mathews' forum about cam lean. I was just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBowguy View Post
    That's news to me. I've got well over 1,000 arrows through mine and no problems. Best bow I've ever owned.
    I'll 2nd that
    EVO / Vendetta XL

PSE / Xtreme Stabilization / Hawke Optics / Extreme Bow Strings / Truball / Bohning Archery / JBI - U-Slide Bow Holder

no problems here either

I have not seen any problem in the ones we have sold.
    Don't take it so serious!

I bought a Reezen a few weeks ago and do like it. I've been having issues with it. My dealer hasn't been that responsive. I took it to Gander and they identified the problem I was having with my drop away (set up wrong from the dealer) and also showed me that the cam was leaning to the side, "cam lean". I called Mathews to see what the manufacturing tolerance was for this issue and they said it can be adjusted out thru the limb yoke. They said it wasn't set up properly and I should take it back to the dealer. I have concerns about my dealers capability. Tough spot to be in.

cam lean is adjusted by the twisting or untwisting of the yoke . go with custom strings and ask for a floating yoke . much better imo

Quote Originally Posted by reezen7 View Post
    cam lean is adjusted by the twisting or untwisting of the yoke . go with custom strings and ask for a floating yoke . much better imo
    I'm pretty sure that if a "floating yoke" was so much better that Mathews would put them on all their bows!! put a few twists in the yoke or take them out and it'll shoot darts.

!

I havent seen any cam lean on a reezen. But I have seen a couple dozen with idler lean that were pretty bad. Just needed to adjust the twists on the yoke and all was good.
    2012 Hoyt Vantage Elite Plus
    Hoyt Cybertec
    Bows are like women, I like them all. I just like some better then others!
    Do you need new strings and cables? Ask me how to get the best.

No problems with mine. Best shooting bow I've owned in the past few years..

SPEED IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
    Mathews Apex 7 / Helium
    Trophy Taker rest, Rip Cord Code Red rest
    Sword Sights
    TRU Ball release
    Bucknasty Custom Strings

Are you talking about the cam or the idler??

The idler should lean alittle bit, but the cam should be pretty darn straight other than the pulling of the strings because of the roller gaurd.

lean

What exactly is the yoke? Here's a pic of my Reezen, it's hard to show the lean in a picture but I think it shows it somewhat. I am going to the shop tomorrow to see what they say and maybe fight if I need to. They better make it right.
    Attached Images Attached Images

!

Quote Originally Posted by letsgobowhuntin View Post
    What exactly is the yoke? Here's a pic of my Reezen, it's hard to show the lean in a picture but I think it shows it somewhat. I am going to the shop tomorrow to see what they say and maybe fight if I need to. They better make it right.
    I've only had 1 reezen with "Cam" lean. It was a sprung bottom limb. I can see a little lean to that one. Make sure the bearings are ok.
    Hoyt Cybertec
    Bows are like women, I like them all. I just like some better then others!
    Do you need new strings and cables? Ask me how to get the best.

dry fired

I have had my bow seens march it was hanging in a local bow shop showing off . some where along the line someone dry fried it. it was not me anyway my bow man tried to help me took him 10 mins. to figer it out needed new cam,bearings,and pin. Called Mathews they took care of everthing ever seens then bow is awsome this is my first new bow thanks Mike

I'm a huge Mathews fan... and far be it for me to critize... but I have noticed more of this lately... and though I have my guesses that it may be related to the quick change axle system (which is nice by the way).... I have found it to be a limb issue.

I bought a new drenalin in April... I don't think there is anything at all wrong with the reezen.... and we've sold a mountain of them with no issues that were not user induced, save one string slipping a cam (it was odd). I shot both the reezen and the monster before buying my drenalin on the last day of the pro-deal early season discount (the job has its perks). The reezen and the monster just aren't what I look for in a bow.... they are corvettes.... and I'm more of a limo/coupe d'ville kinda guy.... smooth and easy.

Point of this.... my Drenalin came from the factory looking much the same way the OPs reezen does..... in less than 30 shots my cam had CUT (not separated) CUT my cable serving and I could feel the cam popping the cable into the track. I asked my boss/mentor (a freakin' guru on bows... but especially Mathews) and a phone call had new limbs and new limb pockets on the way.... I reserved my cable.... and the bow shoots as good, and I shoot it as good as any bow I've ever owned. Zero problems since.

So... to sum it up for Perry and letsgohuntin..... if your cam is leaning to the point that you feel a 'pop' right as the bow slips into the wall... that is your cam not squarly contacting your cable.... its covered under warranty... and your dealer will take care of it for you. Yesterday would have been a great day to get it taken care of, 'tis the season after all.

It could well be that the bow is way out of spec.... but a tape measure and a look at the timing holes will tell you that pretty fast. I talked with Bob (another genius by the way) in the warranty dept at Mathews and he knew exactly what it was and set me exactly what fixed it.... new limbs and new limb pockets.

Can you zoom in on the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyCrawley View Post
    set up and sold almost 100 so far....no problems yet!
    Ditto Here None on the monsters or hyperlites either...
    2012 MR6 70# On the way
    2010 Bowtech Destroyer 72# Carbon Impact 6500 - 100gr 337fps
    2010 Conquest Triumph 65# (still playing)
    2007 Apex7 63# - Carbon Impact 6000-100gr 286fps
    1998 Q2 74# Carbon Impact 6500- 100gr 296fps

You can put in or take out cam lean in any bow with the yoke on the cable. Should be an easy fix unless you do have a limb problem. If that is the case Mathews will take care of you. I'm not a Mathews dealer, but I have shot the Reezen, and wouldn't be scared to take it to the woods. Very nice shooting bow!!
    ASK NOT WHAT BOILS IN ANOTHER MANS POT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe Buck View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if a "floating yoke" was so much better that Mathews would put them on all their bows!! put a few twists in the yoke or take them out and it'll shoot darts.
    notice i said imo . i have a floating yoke on my bow and it works flawlessly

lean

Quote Originally Posted by willyd5 View Post
    You can put in or take out cam lean in any bow with the yoke on the cable. Should be an easy fix unless you do have a limb problem. If that is the case Mathews will take care of you. I'm not a Mathews dealer, but I have shot the Reezen, and wouldn't be scared to take it to the woods. Very nice shooting bow!!
    Only idler lean can be adjusted by the yoke. Cam lean is an issue with the limbs, limb pocket, or axle.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bbloom96 View Post
    Only idler lean can be adjusted by the yoke. Cam lean is an issue with the limbs, limb pocket, or axle.

Brian
    I'll second that I've never heard of fixing CAM lean with a yoke twist. On a double cam yes, on a single cam, you can change the spacers between the cam and limb and that'll normally clear it up.

Quote Originally Posted by bbloom96 View Post

Brian
    or bearings..