a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support the Troops with Montgomery County Archery Club 8/15-16

Support the Troops with Montgomery County Archery Club 8/15-16

I just wanted to let EVERYONE know that we having a Hunters Challenge that weekend. ALL GPAA classes will be available.

We are also going to use that weekend as an opportunity to help our troops overseas. Some of our troops have started an archery club in Baghdad and are in desperate need of archery supplies and gear. Please look through you closets and desk drawers and bring whatever gear you aren't using so these troops can have it.

We will also be collecting cash donations in hopes that we can purchase several Mission UX2 bows and several dozen arrows.

We also invite you to bring letters or postcards to the soldiers. Let them know how proud we feel about their service to OUR Country and how much we hope they return home safely.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in a couple weeks.

Matt McNeill
    Montgomery County Archery Club

Last edited by IGluIt4U; July 30th, 2009 at 09:13 PM. Reason: requested
    **This post was in no way, shape, or form intended to be the Gospel. Your experience may have been and may continue to be different. That is OK. We can still get along.**
    NCFAA Secretary/Treasurer
    www.ncfaa-archery.org Team Bob's Sporting Goods Biscoe, NC 910-428-2006 Team Jubilee N.O.A.H. Pro Staff HDI Staff shooter

mt gilead n.c. I KNOW I MADE A BIG MISTAKE
    I think that is the coolest thing we can do. I can't see why we can't have the other coalition clubs help us us out also. United we stand. That is for the people from other clubs that come to the shoot! I have a older bow that I would like to donate, plus some other stuff. Matt, where do we bring the donations to? BTW, this is a GREAT IDEA!
    Tommy
    BTW, I know it would definitely help morale being a retired soldier of 24 years.

Just being it to the shoot. We will have boxes to collect the donations. Everything goes.

I am really excited about this opportunity to help the folks overseas. I hope we get lots of shooters to come out and help support as well.
    **This post was in no way, shape, or form intended to be the Gospel. Your experience may have been and may continue to be different. That is OK. We can still get along.**
    www.ncfaa-archery.org Team Bob's Sporting Goods Biscoe, NC 910-428-2006 Team Jubilee N.O.A.H. Pro Staff HDI Staff shooter

FOB Falcon Archery Club

We here at FOB Falcon Archery Club wanted to say thank you for everything that you are doing for the troops.

Sgt Davis Joseph
    US Army
    FOB Falcon Archery Club

Proud to be a part of this event!!
    http://www.mygpaa.com
    Team BOB's Sporting Good's Team Jubilee
    Truball, Axcel, Bohning,Carbon Express, Americs's Best, B-Stinger
    http://www.archerynewsnow.com

Quote Originally Posted by NCSUarcher View Post
    Proud to be a part of this event!!
    That makes two of us
    Black Chrome MX2, Gold Tip arrows Scott's releases CBE sights. In God we Trust.

Great idea

Just checked my calendar and I'm planning on coming. I'll check thru my archery supplies and bring donations. What a great idea. Looking forward to seeing everyone too. It's been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneEagle0607 View Post
    Just checked my calendar and I'm planning on coming. I'll check thru my archery supplies and bring donations. What a great idea. Looking forward to seeing everyone too. It's been a while.
    See if Chris can come to please we all would love to see him

Hey matt what about stuff like hunting magazines,General stuff like chap stick and the like, or we doin strickly archery stuff. I personally don`t have alot of extras but I`ll see what I can dig up.Hell everything I shoot is someone elses junk.........no wander I shoot like I do.

I'll call him

Quote Originally Posted by bigcountry24 View Post
    See if Chris can come to please we all would love to see him
    He hasn't been shooting. He's been working long hours. I'll call him and see if he'll at least come to this shoot. The "fever" would return if he picked up his bow again. Maybe this is the opportunity he needs.

He hasn't been shooting. He's been working long hours. I'll call him and see if he'll at least come to this shoot. The "fever" would return if he picked up his bow again. Maybe this is the opportunity he needs.
    He truly is missed by all of us. He brings so much fun to the shoots!!

Left message

Quote Originally Posted by gclark View Post
    He truly is missed by all of us. He brings so much fun to the shoots!!
    I left him a message yesterday but haven't heard back from him. I'll keep you posted. He does bring FUN to the shoots

Quote Originally Posted by Reel-Break View Post
    Hey matt what about stuff like hunting magazines,General stuff like chap stick and the like, or we doin strickly archery stuff. I personally don`t have alot of extras but I`ll see what I can dig up.Hell everything I shoot is someone elses junk.........no wander I shoot like I do.
    We're not gonna turn anything down. If you want to bring stuff like that, that's great. I'm really looking forward to this event. Just remember folks, every $300 we raise is a new bow setup and ready to be shipped overseas. It doesn't take a lot from anyone to make a huge difference to these guys. I know Sgt Davis is watching this thread.

It is an absolute Honor to be able to something like this. Let's help these folks out.

for the troops

i think its a great thing ur doing for the troops, if i have anything i will bring it

DXT Sword cx Maxima 350 Limbsaver Buck Nasty

Shoot

For this tournament all targets will be located in the woods behind shelter, due to heat and course will be set-up as a bowhunter challenge, all normal GPAA classes will be represented but hunting set-ups are greatly encouraged!!

Okay everybody. This is the week!!! Looking forward to having everyone out with us this weekend. Also looking forward to being able to send stuff to the troops overseas. Casual start 9-2 just like always. Long range forcast looks good for now, but I'd bring an umbrella anyway. We are Montgomery.

indoor

Hey Matt let me know asap when you guys are starting an indoor legue. Last time I found out about 3 weeks in.Hope to see you guys this weekend.

Mike

will be sometime around november but could start a little earlier.

Chris

I left him a message yesterday but haven't heard back from him. I'll keep you posted. He does bring FUN to the shoots
    I spoke with Chris today. He will not be attending the shoot this weekend. I told him he was missed. He said to tell everyone "Hi"

Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone good luck this weekend and to tell everyone that we over here are thankful for all the support that we are getting with this. And to tell Matt that hes tha man for helping our cause out so much.

Okay folks, tomorrow is the day. As always, since MCAC is having the shoot this weekend, there is a chance of rain. The good news is the percentage is getting smaller everyday.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Already collected some stuff including a dozen uncut arrows so I really excited about the weekend.

I spoke with Chris today. He will not be attending the shoot this weekend. I told him he was missed. He said to tell everyone "Hi"
    Thanks for trying maybe next time

Course is set and ready! Looking forward to seeing everybody tomorrow and Sunday!!

mt gilead n.c. I KNOW I MADE A BIG MISTAKE
    I'll be bringing some stuff tomorrow, and I'll shoot sunday. Since I've fine tuned the saber, I'm hoping I can shoot reaaly well. Well, I can hope anyway!
    Tommy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast