Thread: P90X - Can't get through a session

P90X - Can't get through a session

I purchased P90x. I am 50 years old and know that I need to change my lifestyle. My question to any who uses P90x is this:

How long does it take to be able to make it all the way through one session. So far I have not been able to complete any sessions because I am totally wiped out.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks

i did

I did and I'm only 25 lol..... the key to makin it through a workout for me is the pre workout meal! if don't eat right or just don't eat, before i go i might as well stay home....

On that note it took me a week before i got where i could make it through and remember the pause button is your friend!!! lol let me know if i can help ya or if you have any ?'s.

GOOD LUCK!!!!
    Teach your kids to hunt and you won't hunt for your kids!
    Brandon Moore
    54" Armuchee Custom longbow 50@28
    64" Armuchee Custom Longbow 57@28

I am 26, and honestly, I still can't COMEPLETELY get through some of the work outs. I am on week 3! I am deffinately getting stronger! It is getting easier, Just take you time, do not hurt yourself! Keep pressing play! You will get there! I can't eat prior to the workouts. But I suck down a mixture of 1% lowfat chocolate milk and whey protein when I am done!

Just keep pushing play. The best things in life are the ones we work the hardest for. I hate to say that it gets easier. I would rather say it gets better. These workouts still work me hard but, I also do a hell of alot more reps than way back when. Better, not easier.

hard

yes they are verry hard. i about fall over and im on week 4 they do work. just keep pushig yourself you will get there just don't over do it.

you can do it

I started running and lifting back in may, I was 220lbs 5' 8" got down to about 200lbs and wasn't satisfied with my results (skinny fat). So I started p90x beginning of this month. Just started week 5 this week and I does'nt get any easier. I've only lost about 5 more pounds but I can tell im putting on muscle. I have a hard time making it through the workouts especially at their pace. but I know that even at my pace its way better and Im stronger than I was before. I may have to go through 2 rounds to get the best results. so keep it up and keep pushing play

I'm 53 and was in fair shape to begin but the first 3 weeks or so I was wiped by bedtime (worked out in the evenings). Seems like after the recovery week things improved markedly although keeping up with the youngun's on the screen took quite a while and in some areas I just could not do it. That's ok-it did what I wanted it to do for me which in the final analysis is all any of us can ask.

Mike

Just keep on keepin on...You'll get there

Thumbs up keep pressing play

It took me 8 weeks. In the last phase I could finish all the workouts...you'll get there!
    Hurry, before we come to our senses...

P90x

Thanks for all the comments. I will definitely keep working on the sessions. I am glad to know that I am not the only person who struggles with P90x.

What about the diet? Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks

I just finished chest and back a minute ago and thought about this thread while i was doing it. I'm about half way thru round 2 of P90X/P90X+ and i still hit pause several times this morning. My point is- we all struggle with these workouts...They are tough! Like he says do your best and forget the rest. Now the diet is something you can do, you just have to do it..Alot of lean meats and veggies with very few carbs in the beginning. Get the junk out of the house and dont stop at McDonalds....I hear even their water has second hand calories!

One has to realize their limits, try to not keep the same pace if your body is not ready to push through it. It will come in all due time. When I did my first round of P90X I had just come off of finishing P90 and P90 Masters so I was pretty much able to keep the pace for most of the videos but not the reps. Had I not started with those two programs I would have not made it through the warm up I was that out of shape.

I am starting my second round of P90X and is a little rough for me right now. I will be starting my third week of the Lean program after a 7 month layoff due to couple back to back injuries. There are exercises where I have to modify until I build up those muscle groups again. I may never get back where I was with certain exercises due to the injuries. I have noted those exercises on my worksheets and use lighter weights and don't expect as much of myself. I know not to push hard through those routines and listen to my body. If it doesn't feel right, back off pick up a lighter weight or band and make notes. Its not worth getting injured over.

As Tony says you have to work around those issues not give up. I did the Ab Ripper X yesterday for the first time a few hours after completing Legs and Back. It was incredibly easier for me, I usually roll right into it immediately after the workout. I don't feel like I got the same workout, so I am going back to pushing through it. However, it was an option a lot of folks use, I tried it and it isn't for me.

As everyone has said pace yourself, use the pause button, don't worry about the pace and the number of reps the jocks in the video are doing. You want to do this without injury. The idea is to help your situation not kill yourself, so take breaks and modify . Keep hitting play "Do your best and..................... forget the rest!".

Thumbs up good advice

FLGATORs words are dead on. Your body will tell you.

Great post
    Hurry, before we come to our senses...

You asked about diet. Well the way I look at it your diet is 80% of the equation and exercise comprises the other 20%. You can exercise all you want but if your diet is poor you are not going to reap the benefit of your labors.

A good balanced diet is a good start. However, until you sit down and take a look at what you are eating and compare it to your goal, only then will you get the real picture.

Lets look at it this way, I will use myself as an example. I altered my eating habits, it was a "change of lifestyle" for me when I decided to get somewhat fit and loose the weight. I lost 40# over a ten month period through diet and exercise. When I had to take exercise out of the equation, due to injuries over the past 7 months, I ate the same type diet I would normally while exercising. During that period of time I only gained 8 pounds. Now I was not calorie counting or going out of my way to eat a certain way. The way I had been eating prior had became the norm and my body didn't know any different. So as a result I ate healthy and didn't pack on the pounds.

Don't give me a Mc Donalds burger, fries, and a soda and ask if it tastes good. I might purge on the spot. My body now tells me when I have eaten garbage, feels a lot like a mild hangover.

So yes, diet is a very important aspect of the game. The question is what are your goals and how far are you willing to go. I still have a couple beers in the evening, still enjoy a piece of chocolate and bowl of ice cream. I am not going to let this take away some of the joys in my life. Life is too short, just enjoy it in moderation.

I'm 26 and was 6' 205 when I started. I made it 1/2 way through the 90 days and my body started giving me signs I was pushing way too hard. Looking back on it, a lack of sleep may have been the actual cause of my problems. As my body broke down I burnt out.

At the point I backed off I had lost 10lbs and relocated at least another 5lbs from my core to my upper body so I was definitely getting results. I took a month off and have now went to running a couple miles a day and randomly doing the workouts 2-3 days a week in hopes I can jump back into the program, without burning out, late this fall or early this winter.