Archery Talk Forum banner

Kings Archery Louisville

12K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Sagittarius 
#1 ·
I visited Kings archery this past weekend in Louisville, KY and just wanted to say that I get to like that place more and more I go in there. I have been in there three times so far, mainly because its about 45 miles from my house or I would be there all the time.

They have a wide veriety of brands of bow and will let you test shoot em as well. They all seem very nice and knowledgable. There was a long line at the counter saturday morning and they handled it without stress or compremissing the quality of work on there current customers. I am going to be buying a new bow from him in the future for sure. He also has a nice place to shoot indoors as well.

Does anyone else go there and have the same experience?

Looking forward to going again.

B

#2 ·
Been there many times.
Shot at the range a few times but it's usually too busy for me.
Scott, (the owner) is a great guy and very knowledgeable. :thumbs_up
Don't usually buy anything but arrows there because he doesn't carry the bows I shoot.
Not his fault though as no one else does either.

#3 ·
I have been there multiple times. I purchased my first bow there, my buddy got his there, and my brother just bought one this past Saturday there. Their service was very nice. We laid out 4 different bows for my brother to shoot. He could only shoot two because he needed a 60 lb and they didnt have that for two of them. But they set all of them up so he could try. They were very nice and straght shooters when it came to information. I recommend them.

#4 ·
I did not have a good experience. They were only interested in helping me if I was spending money. They would only tell me what I needed, in their opinion, and not answer my questions about different products. IMO too cocky for their own good, but they are the only show in town. I now drive to indiana and have had a much better experience.
On the other hand they carry hoyt, matthews, and bowtech so you could shoot all those in their shop...if they are not too busy to help you with them helping paying customers.

#7 ·
Same experience here. I will still to Cliff @ HPA.

#5 ·
Yes, I live about 15 minutes from his place. I bought my very first bow from him. He was always nice to me, and made sure I was happy about the purchase. I went there recently and told them I was only looking, and they still let me shoot . Answered all my questions with no attitude and I ask a lot. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

#8 ·
hell i live in elizabethtown kentucky ive heard of kings archery ive been meaning to check it but kinda just put it off cause i didint tthink they would be that great cause round my area the pro shops r awful better off to order offline or go to bass pro shop n indiana but with all these great reviews looks like i know were ill be this saturday lol

#9 ·
My wife is from louisville and when we go up there to visit the family I will sneak out and go there . With us not haveing a archery shop with in 2 hours from myrtle beach its fun to talk bows . I always buy something , I would love to find a place to hunt up there or go shoot with some poeple .

#11 ·
Customer Service

I totally agree! I do go there for my Arrows and Arrow building because like mentioned before he is the only show in town. BPS is very limited in their knowledge which leads me to Kings. He is rather arrogant and this is a personality flaw in my opinion. I give him them credit, they do know their stuff its just the personality will have me looking to drive to corydon for services and bow maintenance.... I live 10 minutes from Kings and would rather be inconvenienced by the drive than deal with the attitude.

#12 ·
Wow! I don't think Scott is that way at all (arrogant or too busy to help) Maybe it's because I've known him for 30 years. He has a good heart. He would and will give the shirt off his back for a man in need. No I've never bough a bow from him due to I shoot for another shop. Anything I've ever needed he has ordered or helped with with out question. those who have had bad experiences there I'm sorry. I think you should give him another chance. Maybe he was having a bad day, we all do occaisonally.

#13 ·
I live in Louisville and went to King's a couple years ago, told Scott that I had not shot a bow since age 12/13 ( age 68 now), told him I did not know if I would like shooting and thought I would try target and possibly turkey hunting, told him what I wanted to spend and he fixed me up and got me going for what I wanted. Very happy and now want to step up to another bow etc. I will definately deal with them. I do see that they are very busy on Saturday so when I get the next bow I plan on going during the week and let Scott know I need his time and expertise to get it set up, I feel confident he will do a good job. As busy as they are on a Saturday I think we customers need to be respectful of their time.

#15 ·
Well, this is an old thread but...
I'm always extremely surprised to hear anyone call Scott arrogant or unfriendly.
He has always shown nothing but respect for me, is very friendly, and anything but arrogant !
Few shop owners have his knowledge or equal his ability to tune a bow, imo.

I bought a Mach 8 from him in '98 but shot custom Bowmans, Merlins, and OK bows, which he did not carry, since then.
I went with Scott again this year in purchasing my TRG 7 and Monster Wake from him.
Both were excellent experiences ! :thumbs_up
Did not need him to set either up as I have two presses and do my own work but, if I didn't, Scott is only one of two guys I would trust to work on my bows.
The other being Stewart Bowman.

#16 ·
Here's a 2010 youtube video of Scott helping Tim Farmer of KY Game and Fish Dept set up his new (at the time) Mathews Z7.
Although, some will believe he's playing to the camera, it's not so.
This is the same Scott King I have known for the past 17 years, regardless of being behind the camera or not.
Anyone in the Louisville area should go see Scott and form their own judgement, not hearsay !
His staff is knowledgeable and friendly too. :thumbs_up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ooYL3bxxBI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.