a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Whats a good shooting stick/bipod/tridop?

Whats a good shooting stick/bipod/tridop?

My wife will be hutning this fall with her crossbow(1st year,w/ the exception of gun hunts)

She shoots quite well at 0-30 yards. Her arms do get tired fast, so we need a shooting stick of some sort to assist her.

She will be hunting from a blind, so she will be sitting down, not laying down or standing up. So is there a good one that you would recommend?

Hopefuly not too pricey cuz we are closing on our new home between late August and the 2nd week of September.

Thanx Isaac
    Mathews Switchback XT and Darton Vapor 70# @ 28"Wisker Biscuit Rest, Sims stab.
    Viper Sights, Gold Tip arrows, NAP Spitfires/ Slick Tricks.

re

TTT

Anybody?

i shoot

shot you a pm, send me back

Horton makes a knee pod that rests on your thigh and the bow/gun rests on the pod. Nice unit, about $25 I think. You can make a set of X sticks for her out of some 1x1 lumber and a screw for less though. Try the x sticks, and if she doesn't like them, take a look at the knee pod.

Wal Mart has some mono pods for $10. Look ok, telescopic and can stick in the ground (if not frozen). Almost bought one just to have.
    Last edited by vaguru; August 8th, 2009 at 05:13 PM. Reason: added info
    Gold Tip Pro Staff
    Bohning Pro Staff
    HHA Field Staff
    Hawke Optics Shooting Staff

re

Thanx for the advice.

SteddyEddy by TenPoint works for me..

X2 on the Horton Knee Pod but I also just got the Stoney Point Polecat Rapid Pivot Bipod that mounts to an adapter on your front sling swivel. It is nice and light, adjustable from 25" to 43" and stays put when you want to lift and re-position the bow. It pops off easily when you want to take it off. I like it so much I ordered another adapter for my handgun.
    Laura
    CAMX/Ramcats/Black Eagle Accuspines
    Vixen II/Optimizer scope/Boo strings
    http://michigancrossbowfederation.org/
    https://www.facebook.com/MichiganCrossbow

Trigger stick

Primos Trigger Stick

X2
    coyote170
    Happiness:On my Rancher,with my dog and my
    Ten Point headed to the ground blind!!

(KMAJ)

X2

on the Trigger Stick

Talking xbow monopod

It all depends if ya want one that connects to your xbow or not.If so the ten point steddy eddy is awesome !!!!!! Wouldn't take nothing for mine

yea thats it

thats it, thats what i was trying to think what was on my tenpoints is the steddy eddy, by tenpoint, awesome monopod. works great easy take off and put on, is light weight too.

Quote Originally Posted by lscha View Post
    X2 on the Horton Knee Pod but I also just got the Stoney Point Polecat Rapid Pivot Bipod that mounts to an adapter on your front sling swivel. It is nice and light, adjustable from 25" to 43" and stays put when you want to lift and re-position the bow. It pops off easily when you want to take it off. I like it so much I ordered another adapter for my handgun.
    This is by and far one of the best bipod systems. I have a Steady Eddy, a Trigger stick, Horton's knee brace, shooting sticks and this Stoney Point beats them all. I have adaptors on all 7 of my crossbows and a couple of my rilfes . One bipod and I can use it on anything. It is so easy to carry and use and best of all is works terrific!
    Life is too short to carry an ugly knife!

There are some

There are some:

Crosmam bundles a bipod with its crossbows

TenPoint has the Steddy Eddy monopod as standard equipment on high end models but also available as a separate accessory

Depending on intended usage (do you want to attach it to crossbow or just rest the crossbow on it??) one or the other may have its advantages

Mirko

Got steady eddies on both of my bows and my wifes...love em...
    Wyvern

Monopopd/bipod

I bought one and use it with my Ten Point crossbow. My daughters use it on a regular basis. I forget the name and will find and post later. I got it at Bass Pro. It is adjustable with a ball, monopod, bipod a v rest or flat rest or ball rest. I use the v with a monopod. The mono is easier to use and adjusts easier once at the right height. On my Ten Point I set the rest behind the grip and in front of the trigger. It is well balanced. One daughter took a doe at age 9 with it and missed a longbeard because I told her the wrong pin. She is very accurate with it to 30 yards. Other daughter almost got a shot at a 350 plus lb. Boar. He blew and ran.

I hunt in tents on the ground with kids. Most of the time. Unless I have a roomy elevated stand.