a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Black Hawk Recurve

Black Hawk Recurve

I just bought a blackhawk bow on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-BLACK-HA...#ht_500wt_1182 I was just wondering if anyone has any info on it. Thanks in advance for the help.

anyone?

I have a Black Hawk Short Hornet. All I can tell you was they were made in PA. I've never been able to get much info on them.
    Steve

Well it came today, this one didn't go far from it's place of manufacture, it shipped from PA. It is a really good shooting bow, very quiet, and no hand shock.

It's in pretty good condition, the limbs have some clear coat chips, and the wood on the handle has a couple dings, but whadda you expect for $75?

Looks very similar to my Martin X-150.

I believe Blackhawk bows where made in E. McKeesport, PA and also think that they also go by Cravotta Bros. I own a Warrior model, and a Bee model. The Warrior is marked Blackhawk Bows by Crovotta Bros. and the Bee is just marked Blackhawk.
    Mathews Z7
    Spot Hogg
    Specialty Archery
    Carbon Express

Quote Originally Posted by J0nathan View Post
    It's in pretty good condition, the limbs have some clear coat chips, and the wood on the handle has a couple dings, but whadda you expect for $75?
    I saw that bow on eBay and was seriously considering getting it for a lady friend of mine; it looked clean, in very good condition for its age, with no serious problems or blemishes, twisted limbs, or cracks in the wood or glass. Obviously, pictures viewed online can hide a great deal, but I am glad to hear that its new owner got a great deal on a decent, good shooting bow...it almost restored my faith in eBay, LOL!

You know, it never ceases to amaze me: you hear these guys come on these forums and asking about, talking about and, in some cases, even bragging about their bows---which they paid nearly a thousand for---and in some cases even more---yet any ol' guy or gal can go online and find themselves a nice, serviceable used/vintage bow and get just as much useful practice, shooting pleasure, and in some cases, even better performance from those old sticks from days of yore. No wonder Damon Howatt/Ben Pearson/old Fred Bear/Wing/Black Hawk/Shakespeare/York/etc. etc. etc. to the Nth degree are so brand-loyal to those golden oldies...good job, Jonathan!