Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New bow strings for my new Bow Madness

New bow strings for my new Bow Madness

I just got my new Bow Madness XL and i love it. I have a question for some of the PSE Bow Madness shooters out there. Just curious if you still have the same stock string or if you have changed them, if so which ones seems to be working the best for you? Thanks in advance.

interested as well...as i'm about 99% sure i'll be buying a PSE BM XS soon

waiting on a new set of strings from proline for my wives bowmadness xs the stock strings were awful creep,peep rotating you name it. Why they put such crappy strings on a good bow is beyond me.

Never had good response from the mainline series strings. Shot winners choice in my XL, had some issues, sent them back, next set was so so.
    But Breathn or Johns Customs have proven to be not only the bet for that bow but one of the very best out there period. I got 2 free sets a year from W.C. But would rather PAY for Johns.
    Just an honest opinion

Peep took a while to stop twisting, but now my stock string is fine. No issues.

I have MY xXx G-Strings on my custom BMXL
    Owner Of xXx Archery Pro Shop
    PSE Pro Staff
    Maker of xXx G-Strings

The stock black & white 8125 strings on PSEs suck. I use ProLine on my wifes BM.

I changed to a new set of custom strings shortly after I got the XL.
    607 Outdoors - Check us out on youtube

Strings

When the time comes to replace my strings (PSE) I useually go with ABB, sometimes i reorder factory strings. I'm a PSE dealer and have never had any problems with creep/peep rotation on any of the PSE's i ve sold with ABB/factory strings. Guess I've just been getting lucky.

replace immediately

i replaced immediately and ordered a set of America's Best from my dealer. They're better than the stock set, but wishing i had ordered from Proline. As good, better price and they would have been sent how i ordered them (unserved on the idler wheel).

Co-Creator of my two Children. My family Pro-Staff.

Check in with Jeff of JBK bowstrings.. He is a member here and a PSE prostaffer.. Great strings!

still have stock strings on my wifes...guess we're lucky....peep is staying put with no prob's....however i do have a set of pink/silver being made and will be on bow this week....Robert (xtreme strings here in OKC) is building them.

Quote Originally Posted by curley30030x View Post
    Never had good response from the mainline series strings. Shot winners choice in my XL, had some issues, sent them back, next set was so so.
    But Breathn or Johns Customs have proven to be not only the bet for that bow but one of the very best out there period. I got 2 free sets a year from W.C. But would rather PAY for Johns.
    Just an honest opinion
    I have John's strings on both my XS and MC and they are awesome, only guy I will buy my strings from, period!

If you get new strings make sure to specify that you don't want them served around the idler because if you don't specify they will serve it.
    PSE Pro Staff/ TRU Ball/ Hips Targets
    3D- 2010 X-force Omen MOTS @ 29"/65lbs
    Hunting- 2013 X-force DNA Black @29.5"/68lbs
    Target- 2012 Dominator Red @ 29.5"/61lbs

Thumbs up bowmadness strings

we use viscosity bowsrtrings.he is a sponsor on a.t. he is @ tee pee archery in mass.he has been building strings for 20 plus years.his equipment is custom made.he has awesome servings. i have 5 bows with his strings. p.m.if you have any questions.bert

John's Customs or Pro Line

I second viscosity strings. He is a great guy and he makes great strings.
    PSE Pro Staff/ TRU Ball/ Hips Targets
    3D- 2010 X-force Omen MOTS @ 29"/65lbs
    Hunting- 2013 X-force DNA Black @29.5"/68lbs
    Target- 2012 Dominator Red @ 29.5"/61lbs

Another one for John's custom strings AKA BREATHN on here. Speckled gray/speckled flourescent green with halo serving He also did the custom string for my Limb Driver rest to match my string/cables.
    2014 PSE Full Throttle 26.5" DL, 60lbs, CJ Mark III sight, AQ Custom Rods,PSE X Weave Pro 300, 85 Grain Grim Reapers
    2014 PSE Full Premo Breathn Custom SHW Prairie, CJ Mark III sight, PSE Phantom rest, PSE Pro X Weave 300, 85 grain Grim Reapers

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Bnbfishin View Post
    Another one for John's custom strings AKA BREATHN on here. Speckled gray/speckled flourescent green with halo serving He also did the custom string for my Limb Driver rest to match my string/cables.
    lets see some pics of the cool string colors looking to get a set and dont know what color combo

I shoot only ABB strings and have had no issues to speak of

Got a set coming from Stage1 for my XL. Oughta be here this week. Stock strings had serving separation within 400 shots and the stock cable slide chewed the cable up. put a WC weather tamer on it last weekend.
    I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Check out his thread in the manufacturer's section Many more pics in there for you to check out. These pics didn't come out nearly as clear as I had hoped. I am out of town right now wokring or I would take some new ones that show the colors better. The pics of my rig are on page 2. Just look for the BMXL with the matching Posten Slim-Jimmz stabs and Axcel sight.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=865106

Quote Originally Posted by wilkersonhunter View Post
    lets see some pics of the cool string colors looking to get a set and dont know what color combo
    2014 PSE Full Throttle 26.5" DL, 60lbs, CJ Mark III sight, AQ Custom Rods,PSE X Weave Pro 300, 85 Grain Grim Reapers
    2014 PSE Full Premo Breathn Custom SHW Prairie, CJ Mark III sight, PSE Phantom rest, PSE Pro X Weave 300, 85 grain Grim Reapers

johns customs

Quote Originally Posted by curley30030x View Post
    Just an honest opinion
    +1 for John's string/cable on my BM.
    You can't fix stupid
    PSE Bow Madness, Easton ACC, Armortech sight, bunch of other crap
    Scropyd Silver Ventilator 125, Tapps, Hawke SR IR
    Barnett Recruit, Black Eagle Executioner bolts
    Trojan Shooting Staff

Quote Originally Posted by x-force hunter View Post
    If you get new strings make sure to specify that you don't want them served around the idler because if you don't specify they will serve it.
    Why would you not want this area served? Just wondering.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast