a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: RAGE Broadheads O Rings?

RAGE Broadheads O Rings?

I was wondering if anyone knows what size orings the rage broadheads take so I might get them at the hardware store and save a little money instead of buying them from rage?

2012 Mathews Helim
    28" Draw, 70 lb., Tactical

Sword Sights, TRU Ball Chappy Boss

Quote Originally Posted by Foilestraitmeat View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knows what size orings the rage broadheads take so I might get them at the hardware store and save a little money instead of buying them from rage?
    How many do you need...I can spare 2 of them...

just do what I did and bring a few of the old ones with you to the hardware store and match um up I ended up going with o rings that were a touch thicker so blades don't pop open walking to the stand
    "The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind"....... Fred Bear

I use # 60 from Lowes works great
    2012 Insanity,2012 Destroyer,09 Air Raid ,08 Guardain, 07 Tribute, 1976 HW Allen Speedster

Quote Originally Posted by dinodonofrio View Post
    just do what I did and bring a few of the old ones with you to the hardware store and match um up I ended up going with o rings that were a touch thicker so blades don't pop open walking to the stand

What if one was to do the opposite...use a touch smaller o ring so not as much ke is used up opening the blades.

but not too small as to let them open premature...

or what about no oring and use justa rubber band in the middle to keep them closed...

would they open easier then???

looks like i may need to do some testing

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by erictski View Post
    What if one was to do the opposite...use a touch smaller o ring so not as much ke is used up opening the blades.

or what about no oring and use justa rubber band in the middle to keep them closed...

they only need like 2-3 lbs of pressure to open with stock o rings so that isn't the problem. the penetration problem people have is that their bow/arrow combo don't have enough power to push those big blades through the animal and possibly shot placement is bad. shoot a 400gr arrow around 300 fps and hit them in the ribs and you will get passthroughs every time.
    A bad dog is made not bred.

Support the AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER as the greatest breed of dog around!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dinodonofrio View Post
    Excellent advice.

Quote Originally Posted by erictski View Post

I wouldnt go any smaller than the stock O ring on the Rages....I have test shot a couple without the rubber O ring and with a small orthodontic rubber band around the middle of the blades...it shot good and did not open in flight. That being said I still use it the way it was designed- with the black O ring. Take the stock O ring to the hardware store with you...you could even take a spare head with you and test fit the new O rings right there....
    Blacked Out Mathews Chill 28/70 .....HHA XL5519, QAD HDX, KTech 5 twin, T3 Quiver, Gold Tip XT 75/95's and Rage Chisel Broadheads

Mathews Drenalin 28/70....HHA DS XL5519, WB , B Stinger, GT XT 75/95's, and Rage Chisel Broadheads