Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NAP Bloodrunner Broadheads

Arrow NAP Bloodrunner Broadheads

I should have known better than to have bought any heads that use little bitty screws to hold the blades in place.

First head lost a screw after hitting a Block target a few times and the blade was flopping around so I sent NAP an email and asked them for some help and advice...two weeks, no reply yet.

Second head lost a screw in flight (after I had checked all the screws) on the 3rd shot into a Block target. The blade flopped around and on impact broke off and broke the anodized aluminum head itself.

I have one left that I'll put in a display case since I'm sure they won't be on the market for very long maybe I'll have a collector's item some day.

Pure junk guys and girls so save your money.
    Last edited by RxBowhunter; October 7th, 2009 at 12:12 PM.

Thanks for the post. I was considering getting some Bloodrunners, but I think I will stick with my Grim Reapers instead; they have not let me down yet.

Cheers,
    " I enlighten myself for the sake of all living things." - Buddha

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the Bloodrunners. I must have ones that had better lock tite or something. I have shot mine hundreds of shots and have no problems. I've even skipped a few into dirt shooting at gouphers and they faired very well.

I took a couple of mine apart just to look them and the screws were abviously had lock tite on them. Maybe the ones you have got missed. I would suggest calling NAP and asking. Maybe they will replace with better ones.

Blood runners

I must have gotten a pack on steroids then it took 22 shots into a yellow jacket befor i lost a blade.....i have about 10 guys shooting them over the last several weeks and they have good ones as well,,,robert
    Elite answer/axcel/qad/gold tip/g5

NAP Bloodrunners

I was very tempted to try these out myself but decided to put them on my "mental watch and see" list. It's looks promising but maybe there are bugs to be worked out first.(?)
    I handled them at BPS a couple weeks ago and they seemed pretty solid.
    ArcheryTalk is a Gun Free Zone. Check out www.GunTalkWorld.com for gun related items.
    Sending payment via PayPal Gift option? Bad idea

Angry

I 100% HATE NAP. I have been trying to call them since march everytime I either leave a voicemail and never get called back or they just ignore my call. Once they even picked the phone up and hung right back up. I will never buy ANYTHING from them again.
    "Down here in these swamps if you don't know what something is you better shoot it"

I just wanted to say that everything with this got resolved. the person who handled it this time was great.
    "Down here in these swamps if you don't know what something is you better shoot it"

I know lots of guys that have had great luck with they.I got some I might not use them now tho.

They now include a practice head which solves any problems on targets.

I support NAP 110%.

Angry Bloodrunner

This has been my experience too. After a couple of shots into a Block target one of the screws came out. What a shame cause they shot great. I expected these things to be built better at over $13 a piece they shouldn't have done this. I haven't tried to get ahold of NAP yet. If I get any results I will post a reply. I do use the NAP 360 rest and like it. I guess I will stay with fixed broadheads for now.

Wow

I have used lots of Broadheads of various companies...But I always had awesome luck with NAP.

Sharpest Blades Available!

Bloodrunners

I just bought 2 packs of them, havent shot them yet but they look and seem pretty good. ill give anything a try once.

Am i the only one who looked at these heads and remembered the tango tiburon heads that came out over a year ago, and thinks nap ripped em off on the concept? I could be wrong, but yah never know?

please post any results with these on animals! i was thinking about getting some before i went back to MI for a whitetail.... any help would be appreciated.... im a 100% spitfires guy so i love NAP... and these look like they would be a good help but im broke right now so i only want to buy them if they will serve their purpose!

please post pictures after the hunt!

I have not tried any of the NAP heads yet but as far as customer service for the rests they are top notch!

Quote Originally Posted by hoytslanger87 View Post
    I 100% HATE NAP. I have been trying to call them since march everytime I either leave a voicemail and never get called back or they just ignore my call. Once they even picked the phone up and hung right back up. I will never buy ANYTHING from them again.
    Really? I've called them a total of three times in the last 3 weeks or so and someone answered by the 2nd or 3rd ring each time.

Quote Originally Posted by 188 Inches View Post
    They now include a practice head which solves any problems on targets.

I support NAP 110%.
    My practice head has been shipped. I've shot one of the broadheads a couple times into a layered foam target and it flew great! I'll shoot the practice head a bunch before putting one in the quiver

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWVhunter View Post
    This has been my experience too. After a couple of shots into a Block target one of the screws came out. What a shame cause they shot great. I expected these things to be built better at over $13 a piece they shouldn't have done this. I haven't tried to get ahold of NAP yet. If I get any results I will post a reply. I do use the NAP 360 rest and like it. I guess I will stay with fixed broadheads for now.
    Definitely want to tighten those small screws before shooting them. I put a tiny amount of blue Loctite on them as insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by camoman73 View Post
    Am i the only one who looked at these heads and remembered the tango tiburon heads that came out over a year ago, and thinks nap ripped em off on the concept? I could be wrong, but yah never know?
    NAP bought the rights
    ArcheryTalk is a Gun Free Zone. Check out www.GunTalkWorld.com for gun related items.

Are there any 3-blade Rage users who also use NAP Bloodrunners with good results?

The write-up on Bloodrunners makes them sound like a good plan.

Just screwed some onto my Easton Full Metal Jackets.

Tapping the arrow against my hand I can hear it rattle, is that normal guys?

It is impressive that is for sure. Just not sure if the rattle sound is normal. I assume it is as it has to be somewhat loose to open up.

BTW: I checked all the screws and they were tight.
    Rules for posting in the Classifieds-Please click on the link: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/announ....php?f=8&a=168

Proud Staff Shooter for T.R.U Ball releases, Black Eagle Arrows, ProLine Bow Strings, Bohning Archery, Bling Sling & Onestringer Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by TX_Wader View Post
    I should have known better than to have bought any heads that use little bitty screws to hold the blades in place.

First head lost a screw after hitting a Block target a few times and the blade was flopping around so I sent NAP an email and asked them for some help and advice...two weeks, no reply yet.

Second head lost a screw in flight (after I had checked all the screws) on the 3rd shot into a Block target. The blade flopped around and on impact broke off and broke the anodized aluminum head itself.

I have one left that I'll put in a display case since I'm sure they won't be on the market for very long maybe I'll have a collector's item some day.

Pure junk guys and girls so save your money.

call Chris Kozlic @ 708/488/2500, he is their tech guy and will take care of you quick,
    just after you call make sure to hit 0 for a live operator, they will connect you to him, best customer rep. I've every talked to, had a new rest in the mail and received it in about 3 days at no charge, when I had problems tuning it, he walked me through it. Now everything works fine. He'll hook you up.
    bobbyh

Quote Originally Posted by AdvanTimberLou View Post
    Just screwed some onto my Easton Full Metal Jackets.

Tapping the arrow against my hand I can hear it rattle, is that normal guys?

It is impressive that is for sure. Just not sure if the rattle sound is normal. I assume it is as it has to be somewhat loose to open up.

BTW: I checked all the screws and they were tight.
    That's normal my friend

will someone just score with one of these already!!! haha

hmm not sure im too excited about the rattle! is it bad? like a loose field tip or not that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by HunterHawk View Post
    will someone just score with one of these already!!! haha

hmm not sure im too excited about the rattle! is it bad? like a loose field tip or not that bad?
    Its not too bad, its the blades against the ferrule. Believe it has to be because to open up as its spring loaded and if the blades were tight, it may prevent it.

I just wanted to confirm it was normal as last night was the first time I got to play around with some. Doubt you will hear it when you shoot.

BTW: Thanks John for confirming it was normal!
    Rules for posting in the Classifieds-Please click on the link: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/announ....php?f=8&a=168

Proud Staff Shooter for T.R.U Ball releases, Black Eagle Arrows, ProLine Bow Strings, Bohning Archery, Bling Sling & Onestringer Arrow Wraps

You can either call or email NAP about the practice heads and they will send one to you. I think there may or may not be a shipping cost, but regardless, they have addressed and will address any of your concerns. They are great people and are wanting EVERYONE to be happy with their products.

So far the only thing I can attest to killing with these broadheads were a bunch of hogs. Illinois starts soon, so I will be anxious to get some "Blood Running

Smile Nap took care of me

HI ALL

NAP contacted me based on my comments on AT. WOW, talk about being proactive. They sent me 2 packages of Bloodrunners and a pack of practice heads. I am 100% satisfied with NAP's handling of this problem and will continue to purchase and use NAP products. NUFF SAID

Had a similar issue with the target practice and broadhead breaking. I sent an e-mail to them about the issue and they responded the next day with free pack of replacements and a practice head. I was impressed with the quick and responsive service... I may need to think about their drop away since their service is one I can count on. Very impressive!

I am just wanting to hear about the damage in the field... who has seen the work this broadhead does on deer? I haven't been lucky enought to put one down yet this year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast