Thread: Homeschoolers and NASP

Homeschoolers and NASP

My wife and I decided to homeschool our children. I was wondering if there were any other homeschool families here on AT that have children participating in NASP? Did you start a homeschool NASP or join an existing one in a local school? Any details would be greatly appreciated!

2014 Hoyt Faktor 30 Blackout
    HHA Optimizer Lite Ultra QAD HDX Carbon Express

We're a homeschool family, but the kids are involved in "backyard" archery, not NASP.

However, we do have our on homeschool trap shooting league.
    OK, so my comment didn't add any significant wisdom to this discussion. But it DID up my post count, and pretty soon I will be regarded as a wise, experienced expert based on that alone.

Home Schooling....

My wife home schools both our kids. Oldest will be a seinor this year and is also taking 2 classes at local comunity college.

Both kids are in the J.O.A.D. programs at a sportsmans club for home schooled kids

PM me if you need more info!

Ray
    2009 Pro Elite 2013 Spyder 30

Where in Indiana are you located? There are some JOAD programs around. Not sure about the NASP thing though. You could always shoot them an e-mail at http://www.nasparchery.com/activea.asp.

Quote Originally Posted by AT_X_HUNTER View Post
    Where in Indiana are you located? There are some JOAD programs around. Not sure about the NASP thing though. You could always shoot them an e-mail at http://www.nasparchery.com/activea.asp.
    We live just northwest of Kokomo in Cass County.

Quote Originally Posted by Da30Pointer View Post
    We live just northwest of Kokomo in Cass County.
    I don't know of any JOAD clubs in or near Kokomo, but I do have a friend there. I'll give him a call and see if he knows of any clubs or youth leagues. I know there are a couple shops and ranges around there.

Quote Originally Posted by at_x_hunter View Post
    i don't know of any joad clubs in or near kokomo, but i do have a friend there. I'll give him a call and see if he knows of any clubs or youth leagues. I know there are a couple shops and ranges around there.
    thanks!

Well my friend doesn't know of any youth leagues but there is an archey club in Galveston that is right off main st. on Jackson. They might have something, but I don't know. You'll have to give them a call. Their number is 574-699-7498. and this is their web addy. http://geocities.com/galvestonarcheryclub/

Otherwise I think there is a shop called Full Draw Archery. 765-452-5266. They are (or were) in town. Bass and bucks is in Wabash 260-569-1853. I know they have a range but I don't know if they do much with target leagues. And another place that just opened is called Just Hunt. I don't have their number but I'm sure you can find it.

As far as JOAD programs go there are only 2 that I know of. Bullseye bombers in Valpo/Kouts 219-956-2891 and Center Shot Archers in Laotto 260-897-3919

The Indiana NASP site is down http://www.indiananasp.com/ but it has contact info that you can get. There may be a school close and they may allow your kid(s) to participate. I don't know how that all works but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Hope this helps

Good luck

Pretty sure homeschoolers are allowed to participate in athletics in the public schools.

NASP is not an athletic team though, to my knowledge. At least one recognized by the IHSAA.

Call the school in your district. If they don't have a NASP program call the neighboring schools.