Archery Talk Forum banner

Corbett Deer

848 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  b_vanfossen 
#1 ·
I saw a buck last night. He was a ways and I only had my cheap binos with me. It appeared to still be in velvet. It was a six point but the 4 tines were still rounded and the antlers looked like they had a lot of mass.

I've seen a few pics of deer near clewiston a few weeks ago and they were out of velvet.

Is there that much difference in the biological clock of the deer 40 miles away from each other?

Thanks

#5 ·
ya I'm a little worried about the crowds. I've never hunted there. I'm thinking most people are going to hunt where there buggies can take them. I'll be where buggies are not allowed and hope that gets me away from them.

#6 ·
I was there yesterday. Campers, Hunters and buggies everywhere! I walked 1.7 miles west of camp ground E and set up near some fruit trees surrounded by some thick stuff. About the time I started to dry out from the walk in it started raining... Saw 1 hog briefly out of range and had a few more close by. There were fresh deer tracks near my stand but no sightings for me all day. Lots of snakes! When I left last night there had been 2 deer killed.
How about another report? Anyone do any good at Corbett?

#7 ·
We I missed an 8 point friday night. Took a shot I had no business taking. Also missed a doe last Sunday- misjudged the yardage.

I see deer near my stand every time I go. My firends don't believe my encounters... Havn't seen any snakes though- just tons of locusts- lol.

I've only hunted opening morning and all other times in the evening. I'm a little tired of the rain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.