Thread: Silver scent control

Silver scent control

Does anyone use silver exclusively as scent control? I know this subject has been beat to death with the carbon issue. Have not seen very much about silver on any threads. Thoughts and comments appreciated.

Well I use the Primos Silver XP products, does that count??
    John's Customs Pro Staff Manager

The Siler sent is an awsome product. A guy I know was climbing into his stand when he hit his bear spray, and got a full face shot with it. Got himself to the ground and washed his eyes with the Silver sent. It's 100% non-toxic.

I see on one of the bottels I bought it said you could use the spray to treat minor cuts. Does this stuff in clothing work? Any advantage in the feild is a plus!

I love to here the stories about people that have got doe pee on their hands, and then rubbed their noses, got the wife nagging at them to get there close out side or got a face blast of a sprey ect, I have heard hundreds of tales, and it just makes me wonder why hunters have a hard time trying something NEW, easy to use, and clean??? I would encourage everyone to seriously take a gander at Trophy Blend, heck they have tried evrything else!!!!

the clothes are a lot cheaper than scent-lok or scent shield. If the stuff works it a great deal.++++++ Did a test, put some scent on cotton balls and put in a bag, sprayed 4 different scent killer sprays on the cotton. After some time to clear the nose, went back and took a wiff. Scent killer took the most scent out on the first round. Put more spray on the rest and tried again. Bottom line is that most worked to tone down the scent but some left a different scent( dead down wind). Not trying to ruffel feathers, just an independent test. ( no scents were bought during the testing, borrowed from freinds).

Now you should take four cottom balls and rub them with some Trophy Blend and put them in a bag for a few and tell me what they smell like.

these scents sprays and clothing do not make you invisible to deer. the Deers level of alertness is determined by how strong the human scent is. If it is very strong like a human is 20 yards away it freaks. If it smells a human foot print that is a day or two old it would probably keep a close eye out but not run away. these products are all made to weaken your human scent so the deer doesn't realize you are right there.

that being said- never heard of the silver clothing. does it bundle you up tight like scent lok? If i wore sentlok here i'd be a walking water ballon.

Thanks
    Elite GT500, 3d selects, QAD HD, G5 LE, Doinker

Quote Originally Posted by b_vanfossen View Post
    these scents sprays and clothing do not make you invisible to deer. the Deers level of alertness is determined by how strong the human scent is. If it is very strong like a human is 20 yards away it freaks. If it smells a human foot print that is a day or two old it would probably keep a close eye out but not run away. these products are all made to weaken your human scent so the deer doesn't realize you are right there.

that being said- never heard of the silver clothing. does it bundle you up tight like scent lok? If i wore sentlok here i'd be a walking water ballon.

Thanks
    The silver is woven into the garment. The siver is said to react with bacteria that causes oder. Suppost to be good for the life of the garment. I have a T-shirt that has silver in it.

I have the socks with the Silver threads. They definitely work to eliminate odor and if they work in your boots, you know this will work on your body.

All silver this year

I purchased all kinds of silver for this coming season .I have silvermax boxer briefs, x-scent shirt and long underwear, X-scent headcover and gloves, and X-static laced ultimax socks. I researched it quite a bit before hand and it sounds like the real deal, the military uses it in standard issue socks to kill athletes foot and the british soccer team used in their jerseys in the last world cup. Even if it doesnt work I probably spent as much on all that stuff as I would have on 1 piece of scent lok. I am sure it wont completely eliminate odor but it wont hurt. I will have to post on the effectiveness as the season progresses.

Just as a disclaimer I know the stuff isnt magic and I still plan on following all the other scent precautions (shower, detergent, airtight bags etc.)
    W.W.F.D
    What would Fred Eichler do?

Quote Originally Posted by MuzzyFan81 View Post
    I purchased all kinds of silver for this coming season .I have silvermax boxer briefs, x-scent shirt and long underwear, X-scent headcover and gloves, and X-static laced ultimax socks.
    I would of opted for the whitey-tities myself- but to each their own lol. I bet they work great for butt fungus!

It sounds good. I'm looking into it right now

I've now been searching for a pair of their socks- with no luck. I need them to be atleast 15" for my snake boots. My feet can get stinky!!