a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DXG 567v tutorial

No not black light. The 567v needs light, so the arrays with the invisible spectrum don't really provide the light we need. It's a great camera and on the array, I have not had a deer react to it yet, even though their is a red glow.

My costs to build these are right around $200-$225. But that's mostly because I am saving money on the camera itself and I got some camo cases for rock bottom prices. I've heard that most are spending right around $250 per build. If you get just a black case and the camera cheap on ebay, you can really shave off some costs.

so far I found bh photo to be the cheapest of these dxg's for $60 w/free shipping.

anyone cheaper? ebay was even more closer to auction end or buy it now
    2013 Hoyt Spyder30, Truglo quiver, QAD Ultra-Rest HDX, Apex Gear Tundra, Apex Bone Collector Pro-Tune XS Stabilzer, with Easton Nano's and 100gr NAP Spitfire Maxx
    InsaneArchery camera bow mount & Kodak Playsport ZX3

B & h is the best consistent price on these at $59.95 with shipping included. I have gotten a few off of ebay from anywhere from $10.98 to $55. I usually don't spend more than $50 and I try to find those bundle packs which include a 2 gig card.

Boy, I just find you birds everywhere....

Quote Originally Posted by Bowgod02 View Post
    Stalker!
    2013 Hoyt Spyder30, Truglo quiver, QAD Ultra-Rest HDX, Apex Gear Tundra, Apex Bone Collector Pro-Tune XS Stabilzer, with Easton Nano's and 100gr NAP Spitfire Maxx

Here is a parts list
    DXG 567v

BF video board (BFoutdoors.com) ($46)

BF array (BFoutdoors.com) ($32)

5 or 6 wire servos depending on whether you will have external power (BFoutdoors.com or Snapshotsniper.com) (aprox $12 )

2 sister boards (BFoutdoors.com) ($9)

PT1100 tape (BFoutdoors.com) ($3 only need only roll for both builds)

HPWA Fresnel (snapshotsniper.com) ($5-7)

3/8 inch standoffs x 4 (snapshotsniper.com) ($3)

He-AR 1 ¼ or 1 ½ circle glass (http://www.whitetailsupply.com) not completely necessary but really helpful 1mm would be fine. I have 1 ½ inch glass we can use which will work, but the HE-AR is really designed for infrared. ($8)

Kit98 ((http://www.electronics123.com/s.nl;j...ry=&search=k98)

BB224 lens (http://www.electronics123.com/s.nl?s...=&search=bb224)

Battery holders depends on what size case you have. 1060s, then you need two 2C battery holders @ radio shack for $1.97 each. If using the 1040, then we need different holders AA or AAA holders.

Green terminal blocks x 4 (http://www.mouser.com/Search/Product...key651-1725672)

Battery holders for external power 2 AAs.

Case – If you want camo cases then, I suggest ebay. Here is a link for solid colors in the 1060. They have camo 1040s for $28.50 which is about as cheap as you are going to find. http://cotradeco.com/products/brands/17-pelican

Quote Originally Posted by Bowgod02 View Post
    That's what I was thinking.

Here's a link to the .pdf I did a while back. Please note the IR conversion has changed to a much easier method which I describe above.

http://depreyswildlife.com/Mods/DXG_567v/dxgpdf.pdf

I have a couple of wiring diagrams I will post later.

I've had a couple of questions regarding what the kit98 is. It is a guitar preamp that boosts sound. It is purchased as a do it yourself kit, which means you get a board and all of the components separately. You must solder on the resistors etc. My mind went blank the first time I got one, my solder skills were limited and I made it through using just a cheap 30 watt soldering iron from Radioshack, so don't worry, it is really easy.

Attached is a picture I got at hagshouse from TSCOUT which I use as a reference when putting mine together so that I know I have everything where it needs to go. You will need to buy a 1/4 680 ohm resistor from Radioshack to go in the r5 slot in order to get good sound without interference. You can get by with a 1/2 watt as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sticke?

Can we get this added as a stickie?

Yes

moderators can we get this to be a sticky.

question, instead of the dxg, can a Insignia 5.0MP High Definition Digital Camcorder With 3in Swivel LCD be used?

Buy one and open it up and let us know. .

One drawback that I see is that the lens is on the side of the camera and therefore is a limiting factor on how you use it in a case. I like the flat cameras where the lens is on the front.

This camera is a lot like the Jazz HD 178 which a few guys hacked and used, but it made the builds very limited.

Also looks like it has a very small lens. One thing to look at is to power it up and see how long it takes to get to picture taking mode. The quicker the more likely it could be used. Also, appears to be running more than the DXG, so cost would also be an issue.

actually the reason I asked about it is because these are running lower than the dxg's. Everyone I have found off of a Best Buy refurb site is around $27 to $33 each.

Buy one and see what the time is from starting it up to triggering a video is. Worse case scenario is you get an HD cam fairly inexpensively.

Right now with the IR exchanger for the Jazz giving true day color and night IR, the 567v providing HD videos in builds as small as a 1020 with sound and the new DXGs we are working on very closely with the manufacturer, I'm a bit tapped out on what I'm doing and I really don't have the time to look at another camera - especially with the build issues associated with the lens off the side.

I don't know if Buckshot164 would be interested in tackling this or not. I know he was working with a RCA unit.

Here are two wiring diagrams. One I hand drew and the other TSCOUT over at hagshouse put together.

I've had a few questions the last couple of days on issues with wiring the DXG to the BF board. IGNORE THE TEXt IN THE BF BOARD. The text is actually off. It is very important that you do not solder any wire to JP2. Solder the wire to the negative battery post on the BF board and then run that to the Com1 port of the screw in terminal. A couple of guys have soldered it to JP2 which causes all kinds of problems with the camera turning off and on.

Wire soldered to:
    JP2 - Bad
    - battery terminal - good.

Another thing with the BF board. If there are problems turning the camera on and off when you start the board, but you have correctly jumpered from the boards negative battery post to com1, then the issue will most likely be weak batteries on the board. As with most build issues, check the batteries first - most of the time that will fix the problems.

Mic and array drill sizes

I have been asked what size of drill bits I use for the array holes and the mic hole.

Array holes - 17/64
    mic hole (supplied with kit98) - 25/64.

On the mic, I drill the hole and then solder the mic on from outside the camera (after cutting the wires to the desired length). Then, I lightly goop the outside of the mic and push it bach through the case (prongs first) until the front of the mic is flush with the front of the case (you can do it from the inside as well, this way it keeps the goop inside the case). Then, I take a syringe and fill it with goop and squirt that on the back of the mic very liberally. The goop will then settle down over the entire mic and this way it is sealed from the back. Once this dries, put on your mic cover.

Here is an updated DXG wiring diagram care of TSCOUT at hagshouse.

Neat one for a Jazz DV150

Here's one for the Jazz DV150.

Courtesy of TSCOUT over at Hagshouse, here is a new wiring diagram for the DXG (supplements the one above) which may help reduce distortion and save battery consumption with the Kit98. The difference is where wire the negative which would normally go to the mic output ground on the kit98. The negative wire from the Jazz now gets run to the batter negative at slot 4 of the sisterboard. If you need one for the Jazz, let me know and I'll post.

What is the run time on the video clips.Is that all programmed on the bigfoot board.Or can you change it?How much footage can you get before the batteries go dead?Do you have to wire in the external microphone?I would like one I can leave out for extended periods of time maybee 3 months or so.Could you put a big enough battery and a big enough memory card to achieve this?Do these cameras put the date and time on the video?Thanks

The board can be set to run 15 sec, 30 sec, 1 minute and 3 minute videos. On just internal batteries using eneloops, with a 4 gig card with 1 minute videos on the HD setting, I get right about 83 videos and still have battery life. Using the WVGA setting it will be a lot more.

Yes you have to wire in the external mic and most of us use the kit98 from electronics123.

I handles up to a 8 gig card. For a long term build like you are thinking about, I would set the camera on WVGA and do a build with 2 Cs or Ds as your external battery source. That should get you close to what you are looking for. I just checked mine this weekend after 5 weeks (and I don't run many with externals) and most still had battery life. The key would be using the eneloops so that you don't have battery drain while it's just sitting there.

There is no date and time on the video itself, but you can set the date and time and when you review the files on your computer it will be in the properties section, so you can see when it was recorded.

Thanks for the info.Can you eliminate the external mic.And just set it up to record video.With no sound?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast