Archery Talk Forum banner

Best Instant Deer Attractant?

160K views 44 replies 39 participants last post by  Signal11Lures 
#1 ·
What are some the best attractants that are instant like acorn rage, greens enraged, c'mere deer or anything else of that nature other then what you plant? Thanks.

#26 ·
This

#3 ·
In preston co WV... golden delicious apples lol

I have had deer literally walk up to apples with me standing barely 10' away....in a wide open mowed hayfield. And they weren't deer in someones yard either they were wild 'out in da boonies' deer.

kinda scared me cuz I was unsure why they were so brave.....mad deer disease or sumthin lol

#4 ·
Tcs

Try the Mor-M-Lass (crystalized molasses) from TCS about $16 for a 50lb. bag - the deer will come from miles. Add it it your favorite feed and you'll keep them around all the time. If you don't want to add it to feed, find a rotting log and coat the log with the product, do it right before a rain storm and quickly hang a stand.

You can also heat a big pot of water and add the molasses to the water until it is disolved, fill a 64 oz spray bottle with the product and spray your favorite natural feed. This has worked great on a honeysuckle patch in a creek bottom that I frequent. They will walk right by the white oaks to get the EXTRA sweet honeyscukle.

The secret is out now! Good luck.

#6 ·
Try the Mor-M-Lass (crystalized molasses) from TCS about $16 for a 50lb. bag - the deer will come from miles. Add it it your favorite feed and you'll keep them around all the time. If you don't want to add it to feed, find a rotting log and coat the log with the product, do it right before a rain storm and quickly hang a stand.

You can also heat a big pot of water and add the molasses to the water until it is disolved, fill a 64 oz spray bottle with the product and spray your favorite natural feed. This has worked great on a honeysuckle patch in a creek bottom that I frequent. They will walk right by the white oaks to get the EXTRA sweet honeyscukle.

The secret is out now! Good luck.
wow, that sounds like a great idea. Thanks. Anyone else?:thumbs_up

#5 ·
I hot doe. If you can find a way to replicate that, you'll be shooting monsters for a long time. But i like border crossings VS1 and the deer herd in a stick.

#8 ·
Just called tcs and going to pick a bag up. They recomend mixing it like a gel?? less water I suppose. Anyhow I live in New York....oooopppps did I say that outloud?? Yeah, our great state does'nt allow this type of thing. In my defense, they raised our license fees by almost 30% so I am goign to stick it to the man and do it anyway. :zip:

#11 ·
TCS tractor supply store

yeah I went SS and 98.00 later (10 extra for doe tags also) I am still fuming. Lifetime next year for sure. HEY who said anything about baiting:wink: I do agree though on the ethical shot subject.

#13 ·
It's not really Bait... Just another attracted No different then Urine,Glands and clover body cover up scent...

I agree Josh, I haven't yet let it go,that N.Y.S. Shaffed us Sportsmen,When we control the deer population..... I Wonder why Car and Truck Insurance Companies didn't Write into the State that it'sstupid to Raise Hunting rights and Permits....

I Plan to Weld up a large wide brush/deer gaurd on my Jeep Wrangler.... Any I hit,I'll have Canned meat outta ... As N.Y. May Shaft us the cost,But WE WILL Get our Harvest amount.....

TCS= tractor Supply Store For the Guy that Asked...

Scottie14823

#16 ·
I have been using BoneDmonium a little this year. I don't know if this is just coincidence or there is a relationship, but the ONLY time I have pictures of decent bucks is when I have the BoneDmonium out. And they find it within 24 hours.

#19 ·
I used this, BoneDmonium, earlier this month. I just pulled my cards and it took deer almost a week to find and didnt really draw them in as much the wondered upon it i think. they didnt keep coming back they just randomly showed up. I still have not found any attractant better than just corn. That doesnt mean im not going to keep trying all kinds of products though.

#17 ·
Old local dude in New York once told me that marijuana plants are the best deer attractant he has even seen.

I didn't ask anymore questions nor did I ask where he was hunting, but, if you have any hippie types in the area... :wink:

#20 ·
I use corn mixed with wildgame innovations crushed greens or sugarbeets. Also try mixxing ruttin apples with the corn. Also put in sunflower seeds.

I use that in my feeder and I get over 2000 pics a week..

#25 ·
My hunting buddy.... I swear he could bath in cheap perfume and set in the middle of the interstate and a big buck would find him.

Not that I'm jelaous or anything...:mad:

#34 ·
I have used the Big & J attractants and have been pleased with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.