Thread: Trigger Forward Releases

Trigger Forward Releases

The forward trigger releases claim to give back some of your lost draw length and I was just wondering how much you do gain back. Are there any down sides to using a forward trigger. Thanks

Jason Smith

Back yard professional and hunter of bone.

Originally Pittsburgh, PA, currently stationed in Colorado Springs

shot 26.5 last year

now i am shooting 27 with a tru ball short and sweet. feels the same as last year and i can't see any down sides. scott has one too (silverhorn i think) but got the short and sweet for cheaper.

I tried it and it worked...............

If you are using it to increase your draw lenght and were using your nose as a reference, your head may rotate backwards slightly

ttt
    Jason Smith

I am NO expert here But this claim that these release companies make regarding moving the triggers forward to gain back draw length thus Gaining fps Is a Joke.

Your hand goes thru a wrist strap.. Attached to the wrist strap Is the release and at the end of the release is the Jaws. THe Hook, The whatever that attaches to your bowstring. the distance between where your hand goes thru the wrist strap and the distance from that to the head of the release is what determines your draw length . Moving the trigger forward doesnt do a damn thing to affect your draw length .. All that does Is move the trigger farther away from your finger ..

I shoot Buckle release straps.. Moving the trigger forward doesnt gain me draw length.. Dosnt do anything but Move the trigger farther away from MY Index finger... everything else stays the same ..

Just My opinion ..I am no expert

Quote Originally Posted by TheMich.Archer View Post
    I am NO expert here But this claim that these release companies make regarding moving the triggers forward to gain back draw length thus Gaining fps Is a Joke.

Your hand goes thru a wrist strap.. Attached to the wrist strap Is the release and at the end of the release is the Jaws. THe Hook, The whatever that attaches to your bowstring. the distance between where your hand goes thru the wrist strap and the distance from that to the head of the release is what determines your draw length . Moving the trigger forward doesnt do a damn thing to affect your draw length .. All that does Is move the trigger farther away from your finger ..

I shoot Buckle release straps.. Moving the trigger forward doesnt gain me draw length.. Dosnt do anything but Move the trigger farther away from MY Index finger... everything else stays the same ..

Just My opinion ..I am no expert
    I disagree. The dimension that makes the difference is the distance from the release head to the trigger. If you anchor at the same point, this type of release will bring the string farther back (allowing you to shoot a longer draw length). Depending on the release that you were shooting, they can allow a pretty significant increase in draw. Forget thinking about it in terms of the release strap and your finger location. You finger reach-to-wrist strap is constant, what changes is the distance from the trigger to the head/string.

I have a friend who doesn't like this type of release because he believes it brings the string too far back into his face and can cause interference with a facemask. I've never had that problem and love the Scott Silverhorn release, which has a short trigger-to-head distance.
    PSE Omen Pro
    Easton Axis Arrows
    Ramcat Broadheads

forward releases

I'm new to this. Can someone post a photo or tell me where I can se a pic of this.

horse sense

I have a Scott Shark and it has 4 holes for adjustment. When I got this release it was set in the first hole closes to the jaws. I moved it to the 3rd hole so more of my shooting finger was on the trigger. It didn't change my draw length one bit. It didn't change my anchor and string is touching my nose in the same spot.

Quote Originally Posted by meyerske View Post
    I disagree. The dimension that makes the difference is the distance from the release head to the trigger. If you anchor at the same point, this type of release will bring the string farther back (allowing you to shoot a longer draw length). Depending on the release that you were shooting, they can allow a pretty significant increase in draw. Forget thinking about it in terms of the release strap and your finger location. You finger reach-to-wrist strap is constant, what changes is the distance from the trigger to the head/string.

I have a friend who doesn't like this type of release because he believes it brings the string too far back into his face and can cause interference with a facemask. I've never had that problem and love the Scott Silverhorn release, which has a short trigger-to-head distance.

This is what I was thinking. The trigger itself really wasn't moved up but it was the jaws/hook of the release that was moved back causing the trigger to be more forward.
    Jason Smith

Quote Originally Posted by horse sense View Post
    I'm new to this. Can someone post a photo or tell me where I can se a pic of this.

horse sense
    Heres a link to one from Truball and one from Scott. Hope this helps.

http://www.truball.com/copperheadX.html
    http://www.scottarchery.com/archery-...ases-rhino.php
    Jason Smith