Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Black panther in TN!!

Black panther in TN!!

Has anybody seen a black panther in tn? I seen one and called twra but they pretty much laughed at me...and said if i have a picture of it to take it strait to the office...but they said there is no documented cases of a black panther in TN!!

So let's see if i'm not crazy!!
    2011 Destroyer 340 black ops_QAD Ultra rest LD_Viper Pro 2000_A/C/C pro hunter 340s(435gr. @ 285fps)_NAP Hellrazor_Xtreme Stabilization!!
    Swithcback XT_27.5"_QAD Ultra Rest HD Pro_Sword Twilight Hunter_FMJ 340s(470gr. @ 250fps)_NAP Hellrazor_Xtreme Stabilization!!

Seen 'em a couple of times in south Arkansas. Game and Fish say they don't exist though.

There was a monsterquest show about this. There are tons of people report seeing them but the "Experts" say they don't exist.

So far there has never been a documented case of a (hypermelanistic) black mountain lion EVER!!! The only large cats ever recorded with this color phase are Jaguars and Leapords and I am pretty sure they are not native to Tennessee.
    HCA Iron Mace 62#@30" G5 LE, Meta Peep. Limbdriver,FMJ 400@28 1/4" FOB's Slick Trick 100gr:Bowtech Allegiance 60#@30" G5 ME, Meta Peep,Limbdriver,A/C superslim 340@29" Slick Trick 100gr:Alphamax 32, 29 1/2" 60# G5 XR, Meta peep, Limbdriver,a/c superslim 340, Shuttle T-locs 100gr:82nd Airborne 30" 60# Axcell Armortech,Meta peep, Limbdriver, Axis .300@29" Slick Trick Mags 100 grain:

Been 3-4 sightings in my area, one on trail cam after a family k9 nearly lost a leg. Area of sighting was about 10 miles, so it could possibly be the same one, but not likely. NCwildlife said "shoot it" and if it is brown, don't call him. If it's black call him.
    Romans 5:12

Quote Originally Posted by Fldeerslayer View Post
    There was a monsterquest show about this. There are tons of people report seeing them but the "Experts" say they don't exist.
    Yep, tons of sightings, but every sighting that comes with a picture or video is proven to be a misidentification.

Mountain lions/panthers/cougars simply do not come in black. They do not possess the gene necessary for hypermelanoma.

Jaguars have a 6% chance of being black, but the black ones are localized, and the farthest north documentation has been in the amazon region of central south america.

the only black cats in the USA that are not escaped exotic critters are called house cats.
    1960 Bear Grizzly 48@28"/Spigarelli BB 25" w/ SF Ultimate Pro medium limbs 40# @ 28"/2013 Wes Wallace Mentor 46@ 28"/Dave Miller "Old Mahoning" hybrid longbow 46@ 28"/DAS Dalaa 21" w/SF Premium Carbon 46# @ 28"

It's fiction

Quote Originally Posted by brodie1978 View Post
    It's fiction
    i see one once or twice a year.... nah i'm lying.... all BS.

Quote Originally Posted by deerhuntinfool View Post
    i see one once or twice a year.... nah i'm lying.... all BS.
    I have no doubt that you are seeing something that you "think" is a black mountain lion.

I also have no doubt that you are NOT seeing a black mountain lion.

It is not possible....they cannot be black.
    1960 Bear Grizzly 48@28"/Spigarelli BB 25" w/ SF Ultimate Pro medium limbs 40# @ 28"/2013 Wes Wallace Mentor 46@ 28"/Dave Miller "Old Mahoning" hybrid longbow 46@ 28"/DAS Dalaa 21" w/SF Premium Carbon 46# @ 28"

LOL! That's the funniest thing about all these "reports"...... no one ever says they seen a Mtn Lion, no, no, they always see a BLACK panther! LOL! I think it's a case of to much beer for to many hillbillies!
    An "archer" tries to see how far away he can get from his target and still connect. A "BOWHUNTER" tries to see how CLOSE he can get to his.

You sure they were not hanging out around a polling/voting booth ?? There were some seen around those last year....... .....
    Liberalism is a mental disorder

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I have no doubt that you are seeing something that you "think" is a black mountain lion.

ha sarcasm buddy, sarcasm. THERE ARE NO BLACK PANTHERS!

Yep, tons of sightings, but every sighting that comes with a picture or video is proven to be a misidentification.

Mountain lions/panthers/cougars simply do not come in black. They do not possess the gene necessary for hypermelanoma.

Jaguars have a 6% chance of being black, but the black ones are localized, and the farthest north documentation has been in the amazon region of central south america.

the only black cats in the USA that are not escaped exotic critters are called house cats.
    Jaquars have been seen in Arizona and Mexico over the last few years. Here is one of the most recent articles:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...r-picture.html
    Athens Exceed
    Athens Testament
    Athens Judgement
    Electric City Archers Find us on Facebook
    Montana Archery Association Member

And you know this because ..............?????????

Some so called TV expert says no way so you take it for that, I dont belive that for a minute there has been way to many sightings & photos that say otherwise.

on that monsterquest show the one walking along the ditch bank was clearly larger than a house cat, but thats what the so called expert dismissed it as.
    Expert my A#$. Show me proof they cant be that color,for all I know they could be pink.
    Learn from the mistakes of others, as you will not live long enough to make them all on your own.
    "09" Mathews Reezen 6.5 @ 29" 70#
    CX Mayhem's w/ 100gr. Montec CS @ 434gr

Quote Originally Posted by mtmedic View Post
    Jaquars have been seen in Arizona and Mexico over the last few years. Here is one of the most recent articles:

Agreed, there have been many sightings, and even several video documentations. But NOT of any black jaguars. The farthest north sighting of a black Jaguar has been in the central basin of south America.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickReflex View Post
    And you know this because ..............?????????

Some so called TV expert says no way so you take it for that, I dont belive that for a minute there has been way to many sightings & photos that say otherwise.

on that monsterquest show the one walking along the ditch bank was clearly larger than a house cat, but thats what the so called expert dismissed it as.
    Expert my A#$. Show me proof they cant be that color,for all I know they could be pink.
    It is simple genetics.....proven by DNA.

I know this because I read, and I pay attention to the details, the facts.

I have been listening to BS from all kinds of folks about all kinds of subjects for nearly 50 years now, and even a dummy like me can get fairly good at sifting the wheat from the fly scat in that amount of time.

i did see one in Mississippi though....

Quote Originally Posted by mtmedic View Post

that is pretty cool. "Jaguars, once common throughout the southern United States, were mostly killed off in the country by the early 1900s"

Last year we had a seal visit us from the Artic Circle animals do travel! they can also breed with local animals which equals hybrids.
    Elite GT500, 3d selects, QAD HD, G5 LE, Doinker

I'm pretty certain there are quite a few black panthers in TN documented since 1969.
    Here is the source---->CLICK
    The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes....the average response time of a 357 Magnum is 1,400 feet per second.

Boars--->Longbeards--->Bears--->Boars--->Ram--->Antelope--->Whitetail--->Pheasant--->Boars--->Repeat

BROADHEAD TUNING<-----Click

Maybe they are just black bobcats. I know how you flatlanders like to mix them up.
    To Grow Without, You Must Grow Within