Archery Talk Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-17 of 223 Results
  1. General Archery Discussion
    I know this topic get beat to death but I'm always looking to improve. Just some back story previous bow was helix ultra 34 new bow is phase 4 33 the new Mathews at full draw from top cam to bottom cam is longer at full draw than old Hoyt. I ran hoyt at 28.5 throat of knock and felt nice so I...
  2. General Archery Discussion
    I'm looking at getting a 33 or 34 ATA bow, I have a 31" draw but have been shooting on an older bow with a shorter draw length (that's just what I've had at my disposal). I'm thinking since I have a long draw that I can get decent speeds with 60# limbs just cranked down, because I don't really...
  3. Coaches Corner
    Should I adjust this draw length by maybe a whole inch?
  4. Coaches Corner
    I've been using a "craigslist special" Prime Alloy for over 1 year and I'm suspecting I have too long of a draw. Current cams are for 28.5" but as i've read more it sounds like they run long typically. I was hoping to get some thoughts.
  5. Hoyt Archery Discussion
    Hello fellow archers! I was doing some research into the Hoyt Stratos HBT 36, and thought it all looked perfect until I was the draw length options for the different Cam mod variants. I am around the 27-28" draw length range, and I know that an inch is usually enough to make quite a big change...
  6. Diamond Archery Discussion
    Just got my new Diamond Edge and took it to Cabela's to get it set up. I am brand new to archery. The tech put my peep site in, and using their practice trigger, I could see the sites through the peep. When I got home and attempted to fire my first shots I had to really crane my neck down to see...
  7. Hoyt Archery Discussion
    Hey, Recently bought a Faktor 30. I can't find the proper cam mods to get it to 30". Is there a way to lengthen it without the cam mods or would a different cam mod fit? Could I switch cams? The cam mod I need to get it to 30 is RK-3E-TR & BR but can't find them anywhere so looking for an...
  8. Traditional Archery
    I am using a longbow/recurve bow. It is a quality bow & string. I was able to measure my draw length & compared it to what the bow specs are designed for. I am 5" short of the standard set for this bow! I dont need to pull the full weight. But, I am not getting much out of it right...
  9. General Archery Discussion
    Started archery hunting last year, so still very new. Felt like I wasn't getting full extension when drawing my bow this past season. Part of the reason may be that I have difficulty getting my big ol' nose to the string, which I understand is unnecessary but helpful (bow is approx 31" ATA, so...
  10. Mathews Archery Discussion
    Hello all, I have been shooting the Stan Perfex for a year and love the release. Decided to purchase the UV Hinge 2 and UV Button knowing that they had a longer neck than the perfex. I took out the UV Button tonight and can definitely tell that I need to shorten the DL to use this release...
  11. Bow Tuning
    Just wondering.... Think I know the answer. I tend to find my DL is very sensitive to changes. When the bow is short of my proper DL I fling shots badly because I am cramped up and not aligned properly. When it is long for my proper DL, when I get to full draw the bow is not totally in the...
  12. Bowhunting and Bowhunter Showcases
    I'm interested in what the average draw length is here.
  13. General Archery Discussion
    Hi, just bought a Mathews v3x 33 and the shortest draw length is 27” (which is my standard draw). The issue is that it still feels a bit too long… maybe by 1/2”. Any ideas on what I can do here to shorten it up?
  14. Bear Archery Discussion
    Just purchased a used Bear Arena 30 & need to change draw length, but don't know how and no manual. Anyone have experience? Thanks!
  15. G5 / Prime Archery Discussion
    I recently got an Inline 3. So far like how the bow shoots, but the back wall in the draw cycle has been a problem. I shot a Centergy for a long time and the back wall was always super solid. The inline seems super jumpy to me. I'm drawing about 6 lbs lighter than what my Centergy did but it's...
  16. Traditional Archery
    My one and only bow that I have had for ~4 years now is a 20lb 60” Damon Howatt X-100 and I am looking for something new. I am a target shooter and occasionally do the 3d course at my local sportman’s club. I don’t have a ton of experience with other bows and when I was doing some research, bow...
  17. General Archery Discussion
    Hey All, Compared to someone of you, I might be considered "new" to archery, so hear me out and let me know if I'm crazy. I bought my first bow in 2017, which I still shoot today. My local archery shop measured my draw length at 29.5. To give you an idea of my build, I am nearly 6' 3" with long...
1-17 of 223 Results