Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 0.019 pins on my Spot-Hogg and seem to have a hard time seeing the dot when I am focusing on the target. I am 57 and these eyes ain't what they used to be. Anyone else having the same problem and solved it?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I switched to .029 on my hunting rigs also a larger peep it helped.
also you might want to look into some of that fiber biz short fiberoptic that helped even more.
Im only 37 but have lost a bit of my vision from welding and repeted eye injuries (with saftey glasses) and the .029 made a big diff:wink:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Using Fitz fibers

I did go with The Fitz fibers to get more light onto the dot with about 16 inches of fiber but when at full draw and focusing on the target the pin is hard to see. I have some of the Saunders T dot pins on an older bow and they seem to work great.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
You can get Spot Hogg pins in .039 I just changed an older fellows (not old :) ) pins on his Spot Hogg last week:)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am 68 and I use the .29 on my 20 yd and the .19 on the rest. To me the .29 covered to much area and I couldn't select the "spot" in order for me to shoot. I have the Extreme 9100 with the fibres run along the sight bracket and I use the light that screws into the rear of the sight bracket. I hunt 60 % of the time out of a ground blind and that setup works for me

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Another vote for the !/4" Verifier from Specialty Archery. I use the weakest one and I can see everything again. :) Using .019 pins.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts