Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Oh because the trajectory doesn't matter for overhead branch's till that giant 180-190 inch non- typical is standing there 1/4 ing away and your way slow New Breed eclipse won't clear that little branch you couldn't reach with pole saw.

Registered
Your not aiming for the moon I shoot TAW 620 grains at 27 inch draw and out of a Athens vista 31 and I keep my shots 30 and in I think that鈥檚 a good idea for anyone hunting woods if I where sitting over a food plot I would not have a issue reaching out to 50 the trajectory isn鈥檛 that drastic.
Your kidding yourself your putting the arch in archery.

Registered
It鈥檚 not that bad I鈥檓 shooting from 20 plus feet up in a tree have you ever shot a 620 grain arrow it鈥檚 awesome
Yep I have it's a joke. I shoot 2712s with 300 grains up front. At 31" draw 57# 20 yds it feels like you can run down and catch the arrow. I shot 2419s deer hunting for a year. I was getting I believe 260-270 fps. Over 90 ft lbs if I remember. They sucked it was like shooting rainbows.

Registered
Thanks for posting that data Longbow.......so many people sight in a bow and shoot a 400 grain arrow and then a 500 grain arrow and look at the difference of the POI at a given distance (say 40 yards) and then conclude that is the difference they get in trajectory and it's not.

A lighter arrow will always shoot flatter for the ranges we shoot but comparing the REAL drop should be the goal when you start to decide what arrow weight you want to shoot.
It's not only the drop it's the arch.

Registered
No both will bite your butt. If you have a large arch it's a disadvantage beyond 20-25 yards. I shot that slow 280 fps one year. I shot a real nice oak branch on one shot, Had another old messed rack buck whirl on the shot because I was on the ground walking in when he came by and was on full alert on shot. Still broke ball joint and got him, but he moved alot on a 25 yds shot. Then had to pass on buck of many lifetimes for most when pin gap was to large to clear 2 branches. All this at 280 fps image 230-240 fps ! I will admit I do have alot longer pole saw now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts