Archery Talk Forum banner

.002 vs .004 sight adjust increment. Does it make that much difference??

525 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  badbow148
I have been looking at getting a target sight and the Sure lock has .002" increment adjustments and the Davis System has .004 increment adjustments. I am wondering how much of a difference this makes at different distances. For instance, how much would my arrow move at 20 yards vs. 100 yards for the two different sights for just one click? My bow shoots at about 270fps

Does anyone have an idea?
Thanks!!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,109 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't lose any sleep over the difference. Just think about it this way; the average human hair is .003, so there is only a negligible difference. Even if you were shooting 100 yards, I really don't think one click would make your point of impact change very much, if at all. Human error would have more effect on it. I would say just get the sight you like the best and get out there and shoot and enjoy it. :darkbeer:

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Josh. Being new to this sport, I was looking at all the different features on the sights and that was one that I noticed.

The other was locking and non-locking sights. What is your opion on that difference??

· Registered
2,847 Posts
Yes, it is just a math equation. The amount of pin movement over the distance from the peep to the pin, at full draw; equals X over the distance to the target. So if the pin moves .004 and the peep is 26" from the pin, then the movement at 20 yards would be only .11" - less than 1/8" - and only .55" at 100 yards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.