Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided on a HHA site for hunting.Can't decide between .010 or .019.I know aim miss small is a good motto, but is .010 to small for a hunting bow.None of the shops I have been to have a .010 model,so I have not been able to see one in person.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I shoot a sword acusite with .010's on my Bowtech Commander. I love them.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I've messed around with my SWAT and Axcel .10 pins on a 3D deer, pig and turkey and even though some people have a hard time, "I'm told" with .10 pins out side, I really like em'... I'd say wait and try some...

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
0.010 is fine if you can see them under hunting conditions.

Sights that have a wrap, or some way to extend the fibre optic material are fine, short fibers, not with my eyes.

·
edthearcher
6,493 Posts
optics

if you can see the pin with .010 optics by all means go for it. for hunting sitting up a tree when the sun goes down for me .029 I have 2 hha sights like that

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have never "lost" my .010 pins during legal shootng hours.

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,210 Posts
I have the 19 size and love it. I think its the perfect size for hunting and 3D

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
To me HHA fiber is wider then it should be I got a 0.10 looks like a 0.19 . had a 0.19 looked like a 0.29 go with 0.10

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I just think .010 is to small and is to hard to see first thing in the morning and late evening. I perfer .019 pins and I dont think they are to big, just the right size.

·
Registered
90 Posts
my first 2 pins are .019..second two are .010. first pin is 20 yds and second is 30 yds...i very rarely find myself wanting to shoot at an animal longer than 30 yards in fading ligh..especially in the woods. hard to see those small limbs and twigs. so this combo works great for me

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
.010 is to small, been there done that . won't do it again.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I have two .19's and three .10's on my sight.
I have no problems with the .10's and now wish I had gone with all five.

Ted

·
Registered
894 Posts
.19 is my recomendation.

1. Better light/visibility.
2. Less shakey sight picture.

first two as .19, and .010 after is not a bad combo.
I used this combo for a while.

Although I dont feel .010 sufficient in low light, I have no business taking 40 and 50 yards shots at low light times.

.19 is just the right compromise as smallest without two much percieved movement. I use .19 for target shooting as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts