Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 02 Ultratec XT3000 CC+ 60-70 lbs set at about 62 right now and the draw is 28.5 inches. I've been thinking of getting the exact same setup with the cam .5 .. Have any of you done exactly that? What differences have you noticed, and in the real world would you do it again? What was your 02 speed and your 03 speed given the same limb and draw length?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sorry

I would keep the O2 Ultratec hands down over the 03.I really do not like the grip on the 03 it is way to small for me. The 02 was probably the best Hoyt bow I have ever shot and I have owned 20+ of them,Wish I had never sold it,I have learned my lesson if you shoot it well new is not always better. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
i can't go along with q2xlshooter. i had an '02 ut with cc+ and then got an '03. it is true that the grip on the newer bow is smaller than it's predecessor but i found that to be a BIG improvement. i thought i would like the cam/2 , and i did, but the grip is like no other.

the wall is much firmer with the newer bow but i didn't notice much of an increase in speed.

be well..............jay

·
Extreme Opinionated One
43,755 Posts
I like the smaller grip of my 03 and my 03 is about 6 fps faster than my 02 CC+. Also my 02 had a bad habit of nosediving when adding tension right before release that my 03 doesn't.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
'02 vs. '03 Ultratec...

I had an '02 hunting bow, and sold it because I prefer the smaller '03 grip on my target Ultratec. I don't do a lot of shooting with my hunting setup, so I like it to feel the same as my target bow. Speed wise, I picked up a few fps, but not more than 6-8. Also, the '03 camo is much cooler! :D

I didn't like the fact that they got rid of the rest cut out for '03, but the NAP Quicktune (with the Hoyt bracket) fits nice.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I agree that the new ones look better, look lots better. I like the slightly bigger grip on the 02 also. I also like the command+ cams over the cam.5. Wish Hoyt still made them. They are both great bows and I bet you'll be happy with either.:) Shoot Strait!

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
03 ultratecs

I have sold all of my 02 ultratecs (XT 3000 limbs and CC+) and replaced them with the 03 models. My 03 ultratecs are about 4 fps faster. My draw length is 30.25 and I get 300 fps at 5 grns. I didn't like the narrower grip as well when I first used it. After 2 weeks, the old grip felt to big. I wouldn't go back. hh

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all

Thanks everyone,

I've decided to keep my 02 Ultratec. I like it and it shoots well for me.

Dark Arrow

1 - 9 of 9 Posts