Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 Constitution that is a dream to shoot. It is camo in color and I am going to tear it down and have it custom colored. I have shot 3d with this bow and done very well with this bow so i am going to turn it into a colored bow. Does ANyone here have any thoughts or inputs regarding this .Thought about having a local guy air brush it but i dont feel this is the way to go.

I am looking for everyone's thoughts on this. I have always wanted a strictly 3 d target bow and this has filled the bill but I want to change the colors.

Second idea- How about switching to the 06 Cams and getting rid of these ridiculous draw length specific cams.( NIce move Bowtech)

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated...

·
Excited Delerium
1,024 Posts
The camo is put on with a film, then dipped into the color, that's what gives it the pattern. I would say you could have the riser powder coated, but I would think you would have to remove the film first.

I also thought I had heard that the cams couldn't be switched, but there are more knowledgeable folks here to answer that question for sure.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
If it was me... I would get a flag, eagles, etc., pattern airbrushed on and top coated with a clear, rock hard, poly. I am not a big fan of Powder coating even though it is very durable.

Many are PC'd, Many are ecoated... How many BT's do you see with a flag or, etc. on them?

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
I've asked about switching my 05 constitution over to 06 cams. And they said it will not work? Something about a slight offset in the newer risers. I've also been considering stripping the camo finish off the riser and simply polishing the aluminum. I think the camo limbs would look stupid on it though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts