Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:embara: Ive been wanting a good back-up bow and the other day the girlfriend buys a 05 legacy new in the box. Well i dont like the way it feels and she had it completely set-up. Would i be better off to try to ebay it or find someone around where i live to buy it????Thanks for your help..........

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Sorry to hear you dont like it

That is one of my favorites but if you want to get rid of it then I would look to sell it on here of to look to where you live. On ebay it will sell quick but normally wont bring what you want for it

·
74,535 Posts
Sale it in the classifiads here

Very popular bow. They dont make Legacys anymore. Its not an 05 model

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
illinoisbohunt said:
:embara: Ive been wanting a good back-up bow and the other day the girlfriend buys a 05 legacy new in the box. Well i dont like the way it feels and she had it completely set-up. Would i be better off to try to ebay it or find someone around where i live to buy it????Thanks for your help..........
What does not feel right? The entire setup, the bow itself, the grip on the bow, ... Not that you should have to spend more money, but if you do not like the grip buy a custom one for $45-50 and it will make a world of difference!

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
you're gonna be in some hotttttt water if you sell it. your girlfriend will never let you hear the end of it!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
CntrlIaHunter said:
you're gonna be in some hotttttt water if you sell it. your girlfriend will never let you hear the end of it!
Man I agree.. Take it to a pro shop and have them work with you to make it "feel" better. It is a great bow. Little tweaks here and there will likley make the world of dif.

PLUS:

Real good bow... It is a back up bow... A girlfriend that will go out and get you this.. AND she knows you and what you like enough that she hits this close the first time out!? WOW.. Even after 20+ years my wife doesn't Jack about the stuff I do or what is what, etc... Best way to have her lose interest is to just get rid of it..

finally, some bows take a fw 10 shots bbefore they start feeling "right".. ME, i'd keep it and tell her how special she was for thinking of you.. and knowing you, etc

·
Registered
956 Posts
WOW!

That is one of the best bows Mathews made in my opinion. I'm not a Mathews guy but the Legacy is my 2nd favorite bow of all time, after my Ross. I took the grip of and shot of the riser, then bought a Shrewd grip, awesome bow. Put a better string on it though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts