Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i just picked up a used Slayer Nitrous X and looking for suggestions on setup for hunting

Limb driver or Whisker Biscuit
Sword sight
Limb saver ultras (help with limb kick?)
STS?

any suggestions

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im open to any suggestions :D im just looking for others experience with setting up this bow for themselves and what to avoid.

·
Registered
18,077 Posts
me and my husband both have this bow (Capin has the 05) but we both have them set up for 3D.
For hunting he likes a bodoodle rest

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mine is just a Slayr but the STS made a big differance. The limbsavers wouldn't hurt and some cat whiskers will bring down the noise even more. Either rest will work, I am currently using a drop away but I haven't forgotten about my WB that sitting on the shelf. I like the increased uncluttered field of view of either wide axles or Duvawappi's. Here's a pic of what I will be usig this October.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Well, mine is setup for 3D too. A lot of people like drop-aways, but I can see some inconsistancy problems with the Nitrous-X systems. I personally, would probably go with a GKF style of prong rest, like the Infiniti. You might want to look at the TM Hunter with AutoLoc. I am not real kean on Whisker Buscuits. IMO, anything with that much contact, can't be good or easy to tune.

Sight, I would probably be a Spot-Hogg Hogg-IT. I haven't seen the Sword, but if it doesn't have the micro adjustments of the SH, I wouldn't have it.

I have a STS on mine. It helps a little. The bow is not that loud. I would just order a single and the rear mount will work fine.

I would put BowjaX's on all the strings and cables, although again it is probably quite enough.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whiplash said:
Mine is just a Slayr but the STS made a big differance. The limbsavers wouldn't hurt and some cat whiskers will bring down the noise even more. Either rest will work, I am currently using a drop away but I haven't forgotten about my WB that sitting on the shelf. I like the increased uncluttered field of view of either wide axles or Duvawappi's. Here's a pic of what I will be usig this October.
your STS mount into the cable guard hole was exactly what i was thinking.

so far so good keep the ideas coming.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Want a great and proven set-up go with the CJ Scardy Cat pro drop-away, a Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg-It 5 or 7 Pin and round it off with all the LimbSaver Hunters Pack (LimbSaver® Ultra, Super String Leech, S-Coil Stabilizer :wink:
I quarentee you'll love it for hunting, accuracy, speed and vibration/noise dampening.....:darkbeer: Nathan Jones of Wild Extremes just shot an Elk at 62 yds with just about this same set-up the other day....

·
Michigander R.I.P.
5,492 Posts
BoDoodle Game Dropper if you can find one. Use the limbsaver ultra's and a good hunk of cat wiskers top and bottom do a lot for this bow. Somebody was serving peep tubing accross the cables top and bottom to quiet the cables down. I have never done this, never had the X system. Preferred the traditional cables and slide for a hunting setup.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts