Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to tell the difference between 06 and 05 SLick Tricks by looking at them.

I ordered some 2006 ST's and they came in the mail today. The packaging is the same as last year and the appearance of the blades is the same. They do not seem any sharper, to me, than last years. When I ordered it was STRESSED that I wanted the 06 model.

These were NOT ordered from Gary @ Slick Trick, but I do have an order in with him too (check just went out 2 days ago).

Anyone who has gotten their 06 ST's, can you tell the difference between them and the 05's??

Any info would be great.

Thanks
J-

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
I could not tell any difference (visual wise) between my 05's and 06's. I had the 05 ferrels (spelling?) and bought new 06 replacement blades and they fit fine and I couldnt tell any difference between the 05 and 06 blades........By the way, my 06 blades were SCARY sharp.......

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I just got my 06' tricks in the mail yesterday (Thanks Meanv2).

They are really sharp! But I can't tell that much of a difference between the 06' heads that I just got and the 05' heads I bought at Scheels over the last weekend. The 05's seemed just as sharp to me. These are the first Trick's that I have owned so I haven't seen the dullness problems that others were talking about.

They fly great and will hopefully be putting down some critters this fall. Josh

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
From what I have been told, the 06s use a different method of sharpening the blades so I doubt you will be able to notice the difference.
I did get an email from archeryexperts and mine shipped yesterday.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I just got mine from MeanV2. I don't have a comparison to last years but they are every bit as sharp as my Stingers.

Thanks Mean, great service. I know he's getting them out as fast as he gets them.

·
Registered
364 Posts
not sure

I got 2 packs of slick tricks from my proshop last week. I assume they are 05's because they have never carried them before and I highly doubt they got 06's when nobody else can, But the blades are way shaper then my brothers 05's he got last year.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
A reputable dealer will be straight up with you. Anyone who has bought 05's from me was made aware of it. I think anyone that has seen both the 05's and 06's can tell you there is a difference. Dealer close to me had some 05 standards he was trying to peddle to some customers and he told them they needed the standards because the mags didn't fly good:rolleyes: I'm sorry but that is stupid:)

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
MeanV2, you don't have a future in the used car industry. Good on you.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
capt ray said:
MeanV2, you don't have a future in the used car industry. Good on you.
You are right:) I used to sell a lot of hounds and I am an AKC licensed field judge for gundogs. I had an older gentleman that bought a dog from me and about a year later I saw him at a trial and asked him how the dog was doing. He said you are the only guy I ever bought a Dog from that made their faults sound worse than they were. He said that is a fine dog:) Guess everybody has their own opinion;)

·
Registered
952 Posts
I got mine in the mail today ,and they are much sharper than my 05 blades .

·
Registered
322 Posts
i have been reading all these threads about slick tricks...

i am sure the 06 blades are sharper, but you know what, it really doesn't matter. after you shoot a new head just ONCE, any head, it has to be resharpened before hunting it.

I have '05 slick trick blades and they sharpen up shaving sharp. sure it would be nice for them to be sharper out of the package, but i practice shoot every head first, so they are dulled before they ever get pointed at a deer.

Slick Trick heads fly and kill so well that I'll spend a few minutes to sharpen them, new or used.

just my $0.02

Gary I don't know ya, but don't let this period get ya down... your product is awesome as is. :cocktail:

one very satisfied long-time customer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts