Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an 06 Allegiance and got a chance to shoot it last night. Been shooting an 08 and it's very smooth but I was stunned by how much smoother the draw is on the 06, especially at the very beginning of the draw cycle. Both have smooth mods and are timed to perfection, and the draw weight and other specs are the same.

Anyone who has owned or shot both have the same experience? The 08 is awesome but I have to say the 06 is much nicer to shoot.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I had an 06 and it was one of the nicest shooting bows I have ever picked up. I have never shot an 07 or 08, but I have heard others say things similar to what you said.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

Anyone else have comments on the difference in feel and what the reason for it might be?

·
Bonehunter
8,848 Posts
Ally

I have an "07" and love it. The deer don't tho :)

·
Patriot
5,048 Posts
Just picked up an 06 Allegiance and got a chance to shoot it last night. Been shooting an 08 and it's very smooth but I was stunned by how much smoother the draw is on the 06, especially at the very beginning of the draw cycle. Both have smooth mods and are timed to perfection, and the draw weight and other specs are the same.

Anyone who has owned or shot both have the same experience? The 08 is awesome but I have to say the 06 is much nicer to shoot.

Wow, that's impressive. I've shot an 'o8 Allegiance with smooth mods and thought that was one of the best drawing bows out there. I've heard a lot of people have the '06 Ally as their favorite.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, that's impressive. I've shot an 'o8 Allegiance with smooth mods and thought that was one of the best drawing bows out there. I've heard a lot of people have the '06 Ally as their favorite.
Yes, it was a real surprise. It's like butter!

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
are the cams exactly the same on both bows
No, and that may well be it but I'm no expert in cam design so I'm not sure. It does appear though that there is a slightly sharper slope on the 08 where the cable first starts rounding the track. They're not that great but here are some pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I have also heard that they "lightned" up the riser after 06 which translated to a little more vibration. Have you noticed anything like that with yours?

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have also heard that they "lightned" up the riser after 06 which translated to a little more vibration. Have you noticed anything like that with yours?
Yes it went from 4.1 to 3.8 lbs. and there is a little bit of vibration in the 08, but I just shoot targets so that didn't really matter.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
i've never shot the 08,but the 06 with the smooth mods was one of the nicest bows i've ever shot.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I might have to get some smooth mods to try out on my 06. I think it is smooth with speed mods

1 - 17 of 17 Posts