Archery Talk Forum banner

07 Guardian let-off

329 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  poole
I have an 07 Guardian that has the speed cams and is currently at 65% let-off. Can these be changed to 80%? If so, how?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,122 Posts
Guardian Letoff

Guardians only come with one cam option. There is no speed or smooth cam option. I've also read that Guardians typically don't achieve 80% letoff. I've read they typically only get in the low 70-74%. The only difference of the 65% is an end cap that mounts over the current module. You probably have the standard 80% modules, but might be a little out of tune causing letoff to be low. If you do have an end cap that mounts on your module, then you do have 65%.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, I was told that if you have the silver cams, which I do, that these were the speed cams. The smooth cams were black.

Either way, My bow is set at 60 pounds and holding weight is 23. That's about 62% if my math is correct. Are you saying that this cannot be adjusted?

· Registered
3,044 Posts
No adjustment on the cams.

Cams are 80% letoff when strings and cables are in spec (you may have to twist / untwist to achieve 80%).

To go to 65% as stated above, there is a plastic cap that goes over the module that hits a hair sooner in draw than without- this drops letoff to 65%.

Sounds like you just need to let you dealer tweak strings and cables a bit to get you back to where you need to be.

· Registered
4,122 Posts
Guardian

Hmmm, I was told that if you have the silver cams, which I do, that these were the speed cams. The smooth cams were black.

Either way, My bow is set at 60 pounds and holding weight is 23. That's about 62% if my math is correct. Are you saying that this cannot be adjusted?
No speed or smooth, just one cam on the Guardians. Silver cams came on the '07 models, while black came on the '08 models. Color is the only difference between the two years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.